IGNORED

Harry Maguire. 2.5M Bid Rejected - Sky

glynriley

Welcome to OTIB football manager where fantasy transfer  fees take over and blinkered fans ignore every single comment made by SL and his board and his chief executive.

I thought those were OTIB rules!  :)

Completely irrelevant..

Actually Football Managers database is used by a company called Prozone who then used it to create Prozone recruiter which is used by real clubs the world over. It's obvious that Football Managers database is not a tool for deciding whether or not a club should buy a player but it is actually useful in finding players, if it wasn't then clubs worldwide wouldn't be using it.

Completely irrelevant..

A few clubs actually use the database prozone use it and I'm pretty sure Everton have used it in the past

To be fair it's a pretty decent guide but not full proof the only thing I normally use it is to look up a player I haven't heard of and see his history (who he's played for etc)

Actually Football Managers database is used by a company called Prozone who then used it to create Prozone recruiter which is used by real clubs the world over. It's obvious that Football Managers database is not a tool for deciding whether or not a club should buy a player but it is actually useful in finding players, if it wasn't then clubs worldwide wouldn't be using it.

So the stats contained within it are irrelevant then.

They use local researchers around the world so it's basically like looking at a fans forum for an opinion.

Which I personally don't see as a problem. I'd consider some season ticket holders on here in a much better place to opine on say Derrick Williams' abilities than a scout who has seen him two or three times over a 2 month period, for example and probably only against a couple of different types of forward etc.

Behind the scenes there are algorithms which aim to remove preferential ratings and 'rose-tinted glasses' and all that.

From what I've seen of him, if Flint is McCombe he is Carey. Not exactly quick, but physical, reads the game well and a good leader and organiser. From what I've seen, he should slot in well to either a back 5 or 4 depending on how we line up.

With the greatest of respect to JM I'd say flint is twice the player he was. Hes better with the ball at his feet, better in the air and easily faster than him. Flints not slow but it does help having quicker players either side. He reads the game a lot better than people give him credit for. Add the fact didn't JM play in a back four, thus the full backs helped Louis and JM out more.

With the greatest of respect to JM I'd say flint is twice the player he was. Hes better with the ball at his feet, better in the air and easily faster than him. Flints not slow but it does help having quicker players either side. He reads the game a lot better than people give him credit for. Add the fact didn't JM play in a back four, thus the full backs helped Louis and JM out more.

Because he's tall he looks like baby on ice running much like crouch but you are right he's twice the player he was when we signed him

anyone questioning harry maguires ability in relation to pace and agility, he is renowned for being a maurauding cb in the mould of ayling. he is great at bringing the ball out of defence to link the play rather than hitting it long all the time and has a real presence. add that to his size and height, it means he will add further security at the back on set plays and another ariel option on attacking set plays.

this kid has the full package, it just needs to be nurtured through regular game time and better opposition. It would be a steal at 2.5 mill and especially from a team in the same league.

I just hope we pull this off.

I agree with what billywedlock has said , we possibly enquired about availability and they are in no rush to sell but if a good price comes happy to sell.

I've not read the whole thread but pretty sure hull only signed him last summer so I'm guessing he has 2 Maybe 3 years left on hId contract . He may not of played last year but hull getting relegated gives him a better chance of starting.

It's great we are linked to players like him but hope it doesn't turn out like Jones etc we can afford the players Just not what other teams can offer regarding wages due to our income and not having any parachute payments

So the stats contained within it are irrelevant then.

Not at all, the scouts for Sports Interactive are renowned for being so good at evaluating players that the databse is used, as mentioned, by real clubs. That screenshot will be around a year old now so it is not up to date and it does not have his form from last season but it is a good marker for seeing where his talents are. He may have improved or declined in real life but that's why the most recent and up to date stats are available to real clubs using their database. 

I don't see why people get so up in arms when FM is used as a reference, like I said, you wouldn't make a decision off of a single screenshot from a game but that doesn't mean that the stats there aren't a good idea about a player for those who have not seen him before.

Archived