IGNORED

Harry Maguire. 2.5M Bid Rejected - Sky

glynriley

Since our transfer policy changed properly last season, I would say that we don't have a set figure budget per say. The right player, valued at the right price and SL will open the cheque book. If SC, KB and Board believed that Maguire was a perfect personality fit for our squad and adding to the fact that he is young and quite experienced at this level and above and that his value will only rise in future years then I could see us spending this sort of money.

More than anything it excites me that we are targeting this type of player.

Since our transfer policy changed properly last season, I would say that we don't have a set figure budget per say. The right player, valued at the right price and SL will open the cheque book. If SC, KB and Board believed that Maguire was a perfect personality fit for our squad and adding to the fact that he is young and quite experienced at this level and above and that his value will only rise in future years then I could see us spending this sort of money.

More than anything it excites me that we are targeting this type of player.

This - good signs, if true, of course

I've merged a couple of other threads from the forum into this one.

A player isn't going to have his own thread until he has signed and pictured holding his shirt infront of a Digger at Ashton Gate, so there!

Now, now Red M, what did your father teach you. That isn't a Digger, that's an Australian military gentleman.

Now, now Red M, what did your father teach you. That isn't a Digger, that's an Australian military gentleman.

Ha ha, Digger huh? , they say you can learn something everyday if you try.

I'm more impressed and slightly staggered that at least one person not only reads my posts but remembers something from them!

This is all good fun, but we only have 2 front line strikers on the books, and 1 is 35 and the other is out for 2 months. Unless we have about 7 million to spend, then dropping 2.5 on one centre back seems insane.

No good scoring them if you can't keep them out. Someone recently mentioned a top scorer scoring only 8 goals, well 8 times 1-0 wins is 24 points in the bag.

I doubt if we are solely chasing defenders at the moment. I'm not anxious yet, even with the Agard news.

No good scoring them if you can't keep them out. Someone recently mentioned a top scorer scoring only 8 goals, well 8 times 1-0 wins is 24 points in the bag.

I doubt if we are solely chasing defenders at the moment. I'm not anxious yet, even with the Agard news.

Ladies & Gentlemen - I give you Mr Darren Byfield

• Admin

That was me, in relation to Byfield being our top scorer with 8 goals the season we reached the play-off final.

This team has more goals in it than that one, regardless of signings.

"Bottom 6 Championship budget" - my arse!!!

May well be true kid when the likes of Brentford are splashing 2.1 million on one player,

I read in the post today that some football expert says you need to spend 25 million to get to the prem (I call bullshit on that)

That was me, in relation to Byfield being our top scorer with 8 goals the season we reached the play-off final.

This team has more goals in it than that one, regardless of signings.

Yes, having a top scorer might be nice but better if the goals are spread. Look at the success last year with everyone believing they could score, and did. The season before we had Baldock and Jet, top scorers in League One. That didn't get us very far the following season, one had left (thanks for the money) and one hardly featured. Having one person scoring all the goals isn't as valued as it is thought to be.

May well be true kid when the likes of Brentford are splashing 2.1 million on one player,

I read in the post today that some football expert says you need to spend 25 million to get to the prem (I call bullshit on that)

Probably about right when you account for wages, agent fees on top of transfers. I bet Norwich spent about that last year.

Re: our budget, I guess it depends what's included. I think in terms of transfer fees we can potentially pay we're probably not bottom 6, maybe wages though.

Archived