IGNORED

Harry Maguire. 2.5M Bid Rejected - Sky

glynriley

One question, where would McGuire play? Who's going to be left out of the starting 11 in our defence?

I'd move Ayling to RWB as he is better going forward than he is defending, then have Maguire next to Flint and Williams. If the bid is true then I'm feeling much more optimistic about this transfer window than I was 1 hour ago! Think Lasndown might have told Cotterill we want to go for it again this year, ****staying up, here's the money, get us promoted!

Hull paid 2.5 million for him last summer, so there is no way they would expect anything less 12 months on. I'm worried about how much they would accept though, this might go up to 3m+ 

Then in 2 years time we sell for 5m+ its good business? At his age you'd expect is value to rise alongside his ability 

City chairman Keith Dawe confirmed: "We have made an enquiry for Harry Maguire and a proposal was probably discussed.

"But there has been no formal bid, because Hull are not interested in selling the player at the present time."

At least this shows the type of players we are going for

Was a regular in the Brentford side that got promoted before his transfer to the Blunts .

Would be correct if Maguire ever played for Brentford but he didn't.

From Barnsley Youth or Sheffield United youth and progressed to the first team.

Wiki said so :thumbsup:

The sky reports warrant Maguire having his own thread. However Stockhaussen on twitter is stating sky are wrong, no bid has been made, just an enquiry. No bid made as Hull not interested in selling right now. Things may change later in the transfer window.

The sky reports warrant Maguire having his own thread. However Stockhaussen on twitter is stating sky are wrong, no bid has been made, just an enquiry. No bid made as Hull not interested in selling right now. Things may change later in the transfer window.

I wonder if a loan could be on the card

I didn't expect us to be splashing the cash this summer, just hope everything we do is in sensible proportions, don't want to end up riddled with debt like last time!

Signing a 22yr old like Maguire would be an investment with the view of getting more money in a few years. Signing a 30yr old+ championship journeyman is asking for trouble. Completely different transfer policy this time around.

I'm sure KB and SC have told the board the type of players they think we need and a Budget has been given to work within.

SL has said things have changed.

We don't know the budget and we don't know how much for wages will be available.

El Abd takes up a big chunk...

Steve Bruce wants to assess his players, he has only played 3 times for Hull so I doubt if he knows him well. He played part of last season with Wigan who were relegated and with Hull being relegated themselves would they loan him to us, a rival? Also Hull was in the Prem when he signed, would he fancy his chances back there again. Signing for Hull shows he doesn't mind an unfancied team. Who knows

I thought we usually kept the money side of things quiet when doing transfers?

I would imagine that is speculation based on what Hull paid for him - no one from the City end would be quoting figures to a SSN reporter.....

Archived