IGNORED

Steve Morison

Jesus

Kevin davies , when Jordan was in charge !!!

Just an obvious example as he's still playing and to my mind cus he was one of our nearest rival's player.

Want some more? There are plenty but I dunno how flawed you want your logic to be demonstrated? I sense some Robbored influence in this one.

Billy Sharp? Danny Graham?

Getting rid of JET was s mistake, I will never be convinced otherwise.

He left on a free there are two sides in a contract talk and he made no noises about staying

What if he flops in the championship (which would be the 3rd time at this level)

Who went on to score a hatful of premier  league goals , at 31 hes past his best , which has never been that good , as his goal tally proves .

Like wilbraham?

What if he scores 20 goals this season that will make you look a right tool

And I'm still waiting for you to suggest a striker in our wage budget and price range rather then slag some one off

Just an obvious example as he's still playing and to my mind cus he was one of our nearest rival's player.

Want some more? There are plenty but I dunno how flawed you want your logic to be demonstrated? I sense some Robbored influence in this one.

Billy Sharp? Danny Graham?

Ricky lambert

I must admit, Morison is not one to initially capture the imagination and I'm not convinced we are looking at him. However, assuming we are in the market for 2 strikers Morison might be a good signing to help us establish ourselves in this league whilst perhaps spending a bit more on the other striker.

By the time his contract expires (he's bound to want a 2 year deal) Wilbs would have been replaced by a younger version and Morisons role would be to pass on his know how to the other strikers before in turn he is replaced.

For arguments sake I would probably rather have Hooper or Sharp but would prefer a permanent signing and only if thier wages didn't mess up the structure.

How did we end up losing 12 million a season? By offering players stupid money

The only reason jet was here was because Ipswich were paying part of his wages

Take your rose tinted glasses off, we couldn't afford him, would you really pay him 10k plus for a player who only started 10 games?

I see what you're expressing their...but El Abd is on a four year contract and in excess of 10K....so it's swings and roundabouts fella.

From what I read on here...I get the impression fans think the players are on a lot less wages than they actually are.

How did we end up losing 12 million a season? By offering players stupid money

The only reason jet was here was because Ipswich were paying part of his wages

Take your rose tinted glasses off, we couldn't afford him, would you really pay him 10k plus for a player who only started 10 games?

Yes I would have paid him 10k - not rose tinted just think we will need that extra quality in the championship

I see what you're expressing their...but El Abd is on a four year contract and in excess of 10K....so it's swings and roundabouts fella.

From what I read on here...I get the impression fans think the players are on a lot less wages than they actually are.

He is on a 3 and a half year deal and is a year and a half into that

Yes I would have paid him 10k - not rose tinted just think we will need that extra quality in the championship

But he has never performed in the championship he flopped at Cardiff and Ipswich and had 2 good games for Doncaster

If he wasn't picked in league one by cotts why will he pick him in the championship

Think about it logically

But he has never performed in the championship he flopped at Cardiff and Ipswich and had 2 good games for Doncaster

If he wasn't picked in league one by cotts why will he pick him in the championship

Think about it logically

I get why he's done it but I don't agree with the decision

I also highly doubt he was on 10k a week as well a time when city were actively reducing the wage bill and the fact bury could afford to loan him

Damn Agents and their big mouths...plus Bury weren't paying the majority of his wages.

Damn Agents and their big mouths...plus Bury weren't paying the majority of his wages.

If that was remotely true then that agent deserves the sack and to never work in football again,

You don't go about release people's personal details

But as I don't believe you I'm sure the agent in question is still employed

You have to remember we Cant expect wilbs to be fit all season and to possibly not as strong effect in this new league .

So Like with fielding its good to have competion .

Then spend a bigger wedge on a goal scorer! We need more then one striker with agard out let alone jet leaving too leaving only wilbs and burns (who if stepped up to the plate I'd be pleased for )

If that was remotely true then that agent deserves the sack and to never work in football again,

You don't go about release people's personal details

But as I don't believe you I'm sure the agent in question is still employed

You are joking right? Agents talk to one another about how much players are earning all the time.

As do scouts. Those working in the game have a rough idea of what players are earning as well...it's all part and parcel of tempting players into contracts.

How the hell do you think the press find out what players are earning as well?

Believe what you like fella...but if you think Agents and Scouts don't know what players at Clubs are earning, then you obviously have no idea about how football works.

From what I read on here...I get the impression fans think the players are on a lot less wages than they actually are.

True, last week some were surprised that Gary Hooper is on over 20k!

You are joking right? Agents talk to one another about how much players are earning all the time.

As do scouts. Those working in the game have a rough idea of what players are earning as well...it's all part and parcel of tempting players into contracts.

How the hell do you think the press find out what players are earning as well?

Believe what you like fella...but if you think Agents and Scouts don't know what players at Clubs are earning, then you obviously have no idea about how football works.

Then if true they are totally unfit to act as agents, unless the player gives the agent explicit permission to disclose his earnings, it's a serious breach of trust, probably a serious breach of his agents licence and also probably a serious breach of the privacy laws that exist in the UK.

More likely though is it's just more agent bullshit.

Then if true they are totally unfit to act as agents, unless the player gives the agent explicit permission to disclose his earnings, it's a serious breach of trust, probably a serious breach of his agents licence and also probably a serious breach of the privacy laws that exist in the UK.

You do make me smile EMB...with respect, you obviously have no idea of how agents, players and managers work in agreeing contracts and their details.

It's a minefield....contracts are often very complicated....a Club will do it's best to screw a player out of as much as they can. Hence why Agents are employed by players to sort out their contracts for them.

If an Agent or his Sports management company didn't have a data base of wages etc to work from, how do you think they would be able to do business?

Managers want to know at the flick of a button, as to how much players are on when they phone up. They haven't got time to be individually negotiating with each perspective player.

Agents and Sports management companies need that sort of info to do the best for their clients.

Pretty much everyone who deals with contracts at a football club, will speak about players contracts. It's their business to know so. It's how it works.

Football isn't the only business that works that way....Agents who have clients in all walks of life will know contract details.

Even in my own life, when I was Head hunted for a position, the Agency that contacted me, knew, pretty much how much I was earning, and were ale to dangle a bigger carrot.

So where you got all that poppy cock from i'll never understand.

I suggest you do a little bit of research into how Clubs are run before spouting such nonsense.

This is the murky world of big business and football. Do you still believe FIFA are an honorable, ethical organisation and Sept Blatter is a modern day Gandhi?

Think about it logically

in fairness to jet he was played out wide at Cardiff and Ipswich, which we all know is not going to be a position where he would shine

This is the murky world of big business and football. Do you still believe FIFA are an honorable, ethical organisation and Sept Blatter is a modern day Gandhi?

Exactly....Fifa isn't called 'Jack' by all involved in football for no reason...as in 'Im alright Jack'.

Archived