IGNORED

Getting Worried

coxyboy

Would have liked some signings by now, but getting the right players at the next level up the leagues is obviously proving more protracted than last year.  Not too many rumours which I always think is a good sign that we are going about things the right way.  Still believe we will supplement with quality Prem squad players on loan which are always gonna land late too.  Keep the faith.

We are in championship now and have to be selective in signing players.

A. Will they fit in our system

B. Are they good enough

C. Can we afford them

D. Availability

Taking time over transfers will is very sensible as in January prices are inflated.

It is troubling that we have not got started, we are among only 5 clubs in the Championship not to sign anyone yet... others being Blackburn, Baadiff, Hull & Middlesbro.

Given we have lost JET and have Agard crocked, we need to start landing some soon, ideally this week before the Portugal tour.

B. Are they good enough

C. Can we afford them

D. Availability

Taking time over transfers will is very sensible as in January prices are inflated.

Ever considered passing these pearls of wisdom to SC, KB and JL?

B. Are they good enough

C. Can we afford them

D. Availability

This policy didn't apply in League One?

Thanks for that very RobboRed esque response!

You asked the question. It's not my fault it was a closed one. If you wanted a longer answer, you should have said "if you're worried about not signing anyone at this stage of pre-season, what are the reasons?"

League 1 is different as the championship is so much better and also have to consider wages

I don't see how getting promoted damages our chances of signing players. In League 1 we were able to recruit the likes of Freeman, Ayling, Smith and Little. We should be looking to do the same again - signing the best players in the lower leagues.

You asked the question. It's not my fault it was a closed one. If you wanted a longer answer, you should have said "if you're worried about not signing anyone at this stage of pre-season, what are the reasons?"

Err, that isn't what I was asking at all?!

My question was to do with the suspense of waiting for signings and whether people also found themselves checking for BCFC news more frequently throughout the day during this time of year.

So, with my question and rational for asking clarified, do you also look more frequently for BCFC news at this time of year? And if not, what are your reasons?

Would have liked some signings by now, but getting the right players at the next level up the leagues is obviously proving more protracted than last year. Not too many rumours which I always think is a good sign that we are going about things the right way. Still believe we will supplement with quality Prem squad players on loan which are always gonna land late too. Keep the faith.

This.

Err, that isn't what I was asking at all?!

My question was to do with the suspense of waiting for signings and whether people also found themselves checking for BCFC news more frequently throughout the day during this time of year.

So, with my question and rational for asking clarified, do you also look more frequently for BCFC news at this time of year? And if not, what are your reasons?

No. I used too, but that massive thread on transfer talk is doing my head in. I haven't got time to trawl, so I'm not as active at the moment.

No. I used too, but that massive thread on transfer talk is doing my head in. I haven't got time to trawl, so I'm not as active at the moment.

I wasn't referring to Otib either. I agree with you re that massive transfer rumours thread. I meant checking Twitter/BBC sport/ sky sports more regularly as it is possible that we could sign someone at any point on a weekday. Mid-season there's not a lot to report day to day but during the transfer window there is always loads going on and the potential for something to happen.

When we got to the top flight in 76, know how many signings we made?

NONE, ZILCH ,DIDDLY SQUAT,  NADER  !      

Seems ridiculous now.

We struggled to get new players in and had to be one of the top payers in the league to attract them; It nearly cost us our place in the division the time it took to find a replacement after Cheeseley was injured .

The telling point is the Portugal tour. As I've previously mentioned, a lot of our success last season can be attributed to having the nucleus of our team signed and ready to link up with their new team mates and coaches on the tour last year. The time they spent out there also meant that they had to bond both on and off the pitch. If we haven't brought in any of our serious targets before we depart, then my expectations of the season ahead will drastically drop.

• Admin

I think people who aren't reading that gurt massive transfer thread think they're missing out on substantial City news. They're not. In that thread is suggestions, other team's activity and links by 12 year olds running transfer accounts on Twitter.

Everyone who is linked to us by a recognisable source has had their own dedicated thread and will continue to do so.

In that regard I log in myself at work a lot just to read the thread titles. I occasionally get drawn into the individual threads to find 50 replies of no new info have beeen added. (normally just people saying he'd be shit for us)

Archived