IGNORED

Our U21's Ready To Step Up .

Major Isewater

How come Kelly and Harper have appeared quite suddenly out of nowhere in pre-season? I've not heard of them before and they've already jumped above the U21's in pecking order if it's true that they're going to Portugal. It's good to see but unexpected. What sort of potential do they have - anyone know?

How come Kelly and Harper have appeared quite suddenly out of nowhere in pre-season? I've not heard of them before and they've already jumped above the U21's in pecking order if it's true that they're going to Portugal. It's good to see but unexpected. What sort of potential do they have - anyone know?

Cuz we are low on numbers?

Yes, but they were pretty much unknown and are much younger than the U21's. They've featured more in the friendly games and are supposedly going to Portugal with the first-team. They must have something about them?

Yeah I guess you're right, all last seasons reviews on the youths were pretty shoddy tbh. But lots of changes with management seemed like their was problems and with clubs poaching our youngsters we must be doing something right

I know that all of the 18 year olds that had been give 2 year conracts 2 years ago at age 16 have all been released this summer. This group made up most of the U21 squad for last year so most of last years U21 first team squad have gone. I know there are one or two older lads remaining. Considering that this team of 18 year olds was playing against U21 teams which included seaseoned premier league professionals I feel that some of them are a bit unlcuk as they  of them showed a lot of potential.

I admit that I wasnt there on a daily basis to check their future potenital, work ethic etc but I know that there have been issue within the hierarchy there, which is why there have been wholesale changes in the set up for this coming year. From what I have heard, those in charge didnt seem to be able to get on and that made discussiona about the players there impossible as they all had different opinions. I think its the kids in that group that have missed out here over a clash in personalities.

I know that all of the 18 year olds that had been give 2 year conracts 2 years ago at age 16 have all been released this summer. This group made up most of the U21 squad for last year so most of last years U21 first team squad have gone. I know there are one or two older lads remaining. Considering that this team of 18 year olds was playing against U21 teams which included seaseoned premier league professionals I feel that some of them are a bit unlcuk as they  of them showed a lot of potential.

I admit that I wasnt there on a daily basis to check their future potenital, work ethic etc but I know that there have been issue within the hierarchy there, which is why there have been wholesale changes in the set up for this coming year. From what I have heard, those in charge didnt seem to be able to get on and that made discussiona about the players there impossible as they all had different opinions. I think its the kids in that group that have missed out here over a clash in personalities.

I have no certain knowledge of the above, however it does very much seem to fit with the appointment of Wade Elliot and SC's comments on Wades appointment 'that Wade knows what I want' which at the time I thought was pointed!

And why do Gilabert and Hunter show as  part of our first team squad on the BBC Sport website. 

All of them? Lemonheigh-evans and Joe Morrell included? Surely not, Morrell turned liverpool down to stay here didn't he? If the others that are mentioned have been released then the Academy website needs serious updating.

This isnt true,the lads who were given 2 yr pros are still with us Morrell,Lemonheigh-evans,Bishop,Fry,Last,Vyner,Wollacott and O'Leary and all are coming along nicely with new contracts being talked about for a couple of them .

Players released ....

Jack Alexander RB
Matt Long LB
Matthew Mattis RM/CF
Ben Withey RB
Liam Monelle CF
Jamie Horgan LWB/LW
Luis Gilabert, CM
Lewis Hall LB
As you can see from the above list the majority of these are made up of full back thats why the 2 youngr lads have been brought inton the 21s .

Lemonheigh-evans and Bishop have scored alot of goals in the 3 years they have been with us,at the moment we are struggling to keep them fit due to there injuries.

We also have a very good lad called Ben Last who is going to be one for the future techinically superb with great vision but he is CM .

Lemonheigh-evans and Bishop have scored alot of goals in the 3 years they have been with us,at the moment we are struggling to keep them fit due to there injuries.

We also have a very good lad called Ben Last who is going to be one for the future techinically superb with great vision but he is CM .

Cheers for that, are you closely involved with these lads?

Every season you just hope and pray that some of the younger lads will be given a shot and cement a place in the full squad, if not the team.

Hopefully Joe Bryan will be the first of many.

I thought Marley was leaving us!? Did we convince him to stay?

I thought Marley was leaving us!? Did we convince him to stay?

There was talk of him going to a prem club but for one reason or another it hasnt happed .

Im assuming that SC  likes Bishop as  he spoke highly of him in the press towards the end of last season .

So Marley Bishop is one to look out for in the future? Just read that he scored a decent brace against Ipswich at the end of last season; all sounds quite promising.

I really think there are at least 2/3 in the 21s that given the right environment and coaching they will have a good chance .

What happened to Jack Batten - last I heard he got a professional contract but haven't heard much from him.

Has been mentioned already but the academy website and anything relating to the academy on the main page are awful and so far out of date!

Archived