IGNORED

Our U21's Ready To Step Up .

Major Isewater

The Under 21 and Academy information/player data, on the Club web site has always appeared to me, as in need of updating.

Those who have left the club, still appear and arrivals are not mentioned.

As a Club that will need to rely on producing first team squad members and selling on to higher placed clubs, this data is deserving of a higher priority than it currently gets.

It'd be good to see some of this peripheral u21 talent used against Carling Cup opposition this season.

Sounds as if there are a few who've made an impression on the manager.

When you say, Carling cup opposition, you mean Luton.

We only play one Carling cup match a season.

Seriously, it would be good to see s few play and hopefully with Wade in charge, we will get more info on all the up and coming players from now on.

As far as I can tell, the academy is a bit of a waste of time and money. Who, in the current first team is a product of our academy? Er... Joe Bryan. Who, in the past five years, has been a product of our academy? Still Joe Bryan. The rest of the time, we just buy players in from other clubs, while the rest of the development players fade into obscurity or join Forest Green Rovers.

As far as I can tell, the academy is a bit of a waste of time and money. Who, in the current first team is a product of our academy? Er... Joe Bryan. Who, in the past five years, has been a product of our academy? Still Joe Bryan. The rest of the time, we just buy players in from other clubs, while the rest of the development players fade into obscurity or join Forest Green Rovers.

Yea lets shut it not bother with the new facilities at Ashton vale, while we are at it let's cancel the ground redevelopment because there is no point in planning for the future......

Yea lets shut it not bother with the new facilities at Ashton vale, while we are at it let's cancel the ground redevelopment because there is no point in planning for the future......

I think the poster you responded too had every right to say what he did....what have we produced over the years? We must have made a huge loss in running the Academy.

It just goes to show how poor our scouting has been in that department, and how poor the coaching and development of players has been in the past.

Plus an apparent lack of connection between first team and development squads.

Hopefully those issues are now being seen too....moves and quotes have certainly acknowledged this of late.

We still have a lot of room for improvement in recruitment and being proactive like Southampton, Cardiff and WBA.

Archived