IGNORED

Boycott Sheffield Wednesday (Merged)

sglosbcfc

Sure our players would appreciate a boycott..

Perhaps the club then should pressure Sheff Weds to lower prices...? Perhaps the club should publicly ask for support in spite of the high ticket prices? Perhaps the clubs and players could subsidise ticket costs if Sheff Weds are unwilling to budge?

Sorry, I want to support the players and enjoy the day trip as much as the next, but out of sheer principle I will not pay what they are asking particularly as compared to Reading. If the Reading game was comparable in price then perhaps I'd feel less strongly about it.

And actually I think the players whilst probably not appreciating a boycott, they'd understand. If they don't... meh, they won't be here in all likelihood in 5 years time, whereas I intend to be and I still intend to draw the line at being overtly ripped off.

Why not charge there supporters the same for the return fixture.

Because it is the fans that are suffering in this instance, and it would again be the fans suffering in that instance.

This would be totally the wrong message. Wednesday fans are also unhappy at the ticket prices.

Because it is the fans that are suffering in this instance, and it would again be the fans suffering in that instance.

This would be totally the wrong message. Wednesday fans are also unhappy at the ticket prices.

Yep, and club (SWFC) wouldn't give a toss either so nobody wins.

You can't compare other games and other clubs at other venues, there will always be difference.

You CAN compare us being charged a lot more than reading fans will be charged for visiting Hillsborough in the same month.

You can't compare other games and other clubs at other venues, there will always be difference.

You CAN compare us being charged a lot more than reading fans will be charged for visiting Hillsborough in the same month.

I agree comparisons to Man City are misleading; it totally disregards there much greater turnover, sponsorship income, abilities to sustain losses etc.

But I think there is some merit in comparisons... this is Sheffield after all. The place of 'the Full Monty' and hardly a regional powerhouses or a particularly prosperous place. To that end I think it does highlight some of the absurdity when compared to our ticket prices and the regional prosperity and cost of living etc.

You're absolutely right though, the biggest comparison which speaks far louder is the Reading one.

Sure our players would appreciate a boycott..

I'm sure the well paid players of BCFC will understand that ticket prices for this game are extortionate. Many footballers are from working class backgrounds and don't forget their roots (I know some do, like Tory mayor of London Sol Campbell). My boycott will be a strategic one, instead of going to Wednesday I will now go to another away match I didn't intend on going to, probably Rotherham. So they may lose my support at Hillsborough but they will gain it when we take on the Millers.

.....haven't got the facility to do this personally or intention in the first place to attend game but think this would get some attention :-

A, set up a specific 'boycott Sheffield' twiiter account.

B, on match day, all those who can tweet/take selfie etc and are boycotting game should do so, non boycotterss can tweet messages of support.

C, supporters who refuse to be held to ransom by Sheff Wed and instead are doing something else on match day, should tweet their live pics during matchtime to the boycott twitter account -pics showing them sat around in armchairs listening to the game on radio, logged into otibs match day thread, or pottering around the garden, having a pint up the pub, having a kick around with the kids up the park, etc etc... doing whatever they are doing cheaply or completely free INSTEAD OF BEING RIPPED OFF by Sheffield Wednesday!

D, make other clubs supporters aware of the twitter feed and the actions being taken by Bristol City supporters on behalf of themselves and ALL football fans to fight back and resist greedy rip-off clubs everywhere..

(Who knows this could be the little seed that grows into a National fans 'play fair movement against exploitation and rip-offs')...

Collective fan power is very powerful, its the one thing that will make the football industry think again

before disrespecting the hands that feed them. ... Fair Pay for Fair Play ...

E, Tweet the whole Boycott Sheffield twitterfeed to as many press & media accounts everywhere.

All oak trees begin as tiny acorns - this could grow into something big!

Why is it embarrassing. When strikes happen people still turn up to work but it is about the majority. Lazio fans boycotted some games last season but there were still thousands there, just the majority did not turn up. If you don't want to try and make football better that is fine, it's your opinion, but don't piss on people who do or at least want to try.

Boycott isn't the word, it's choice.

Like I'm choosing not to go. Not trying to boycott the event.

It's one game of 46, so what?! Yes, it would be a shame to miss the first game of the season - but life goes on...

Boycott isn't the word, it's choice.

Like I'm choosing not to go. Not trying to boycott the event.

It's one game of 46, so what?! Yes, it would be a shame to miss the first game of the season - but life goes on...

You make the point yourself - there's not much between a boycott and choosing not to go but one sounds aggressive or assertive and the other is much softer. However, choosing not to go without highlighting the reasons behind that choice will achieve nothing, if indeed it is to achieve anything anyway.

One in 46 now: think about that proportion in 5 years time unless football fans start taking a stand. Better to speak collectively and speak loud than to bystand or quietly disapprove.

.....haven't got the facility to do this personally or intention in the first place to attend game but think this would get some attention :-

A, set up a specific 'boycott Sheffield' twiiter account.

B, on match day, all those who can tweet/take selfie etc and are boycotting game should do so, non boycotterss can tweet messages of support.

C, supporters who refuse to be held to ransom by Sheff Wed and instead are doing something else on match day, should tweet their live pics during matchtime to the boycott twitter account -pics showing them sat around in armchairs listening to the game on radio, logged into otibs match day thread, or pottering around the garden, having a pint up the pub, having a kick around with the kids up the park, etc etc... doing whatever they are doing cheaply or completely free INSTEAD OF BEING RIPPED OFF by Sheffield Wednesday!

D, make other clubs supporters aware of the twitter feed and the actions being taken by Bristol City supporters on behalf of themselves and ALL football fans to fight back and resist greedy rip-off clubs everywhere..

(Who knows this could be the little seed that grows into a National fans 'play fair movement against exploitation and rip-offs')...

Collective fan power is very powerful, its the one thing that will make the football industry think again

before disrespecting the hands that feed them. ... Fair Pay for Fair Play ...

E, Tweet the whole Boycott Sheffield twitterfeed to as many press & media accounts everywhere.

All oak trees begin as tiny acorns - this could grow into something big!

actually think this could be a half decent idea, particularly if other clubs fans get involved, but perhaps instead of making it exclusively sheffield it would be better to leave it open to be able to apply to any other clubs charging exorbitant prices

Archived