IGNORED

Boycott Sheffield Wednesday (Merged)

sglosbcfc

I assume you have all emailed Sheffield Wednesday expressing your opinions and letting them know you aren't happy, in the hope that it may actually make a difference, rather than just sulking about it in here..?

The season I attended most games was when we had our brief spell in the championship for 1 season. we were bottom of the league all season but that did not deter me.

I have purchased tickets for sheffield wednesday and will be attending because of my love for my team. I do not agree with the pricing structure and will make my opionion known, but I'm still going out of choice

As mentioned, the FSF is campaigning on this, although unlikely to effect this game. Teh 20's Plenty campaign was here: http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/20plenty/

......but they seem to have closed it (enough signatures?)

Additionally boycotts based on this HAVE happened, plus there's a banner doing the rounds of clubs. Maybe we could got a loan of it. http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/category/twentys-plenty/

Despite only living 40 miles from Sheffield, I'm not going, but thats because I've got Ashes tickets for Trent Bridge :shifty:

• Admin

For me that is still to much. I don't earn a lot. I won't be going away much this year. Cardiff and a few of the cheaper games

No doubt you are not on your own with this.

God help our bank balances if we ever get promoted to the Prem - guess the wife could go without food?

No doubt you are not on your own with this.

God help our bank balances if we ever get promoted to the Prem - guess the wife could go without food?

Just imagine how fans of Liverpool and other big clubs feel. Forget the glory supporters but the actual local guys who, every premier league away game, are subjected to category A prices. Disgusting. Meanwhile in Germany... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8986321.stm

Look at the rage and anger caused by twenty Euros. Will England ever be like Germany, probably not, but we can get a darn sight closer than we are right now.

bristol should count themselves lucky most games you will be lower cat game it is only because it is first game of season that you are cat b at hillsborough wednesday 9 times out of 10n when they play away are cat a games just because it's wednesday so been getting robbed for years

Why haven't you as supporters done something about it then?

You have obviously all rolled over and accepted it.

Perhaps you need to grow a pair and do something to stop being taken for a ride, just a thought like!

I feel that Sheffield Weds are in the wrong but I think its for their fans to sort it out, we need OUR team to get the best start to the season. So we MUST go and support them, I feel it is irresponsible for those who are representing the club as well as the supporters to promote a boycott! There're other ways of voicing our disapproval. Sheffield Weds aren't going to take any notice of 500 City fans not going, but if 5000 Sheffield fans regularly don't go, they'll have to take note!

Archived