IGNORED

Boycott Sheffield Wednesday (Merged)

sglosbcfc

Bath are home on August 8th and I couldn't find fixtures for lower down (though admittedly I only looked for Brislingtons fixtures). 

fair enough, I'm in wales anyway but might hop  on the train and watch Merthyr town against kings lynn.

I actually think whistlehappy's idea of a twitter set up specifically for fans to use when they arent going to a game because of prices is a very good one, but should be a general "anti stupid prices" instead of "anti wednesday" as it would be more likely to get more support from all clubs fans 

Serious point here. If the club really cared about the fans why are they not coming out and saying anything?

I expect they don't want to jeopardise their relationship with SWFC?

I would imagine given our reasonable ticket prices and reduced capacity, every ticket counts. If the club did something then Sheff Wed may do it back.

Serious point here. If the club really cared about the fans why are they not coming out and saying anything?

I expect they don't want to jeopardise their relationship with SWFC?

It's a tricky one, I would be surprised if they went on record to criticise the club. I expect nothing will be said officially.

The Supporters Trust were mentioned on the local tv news at 6.25am today, BBC 1. I was only half awake but something was said about them not happy with the Sheffied Weds prices, fans expected to boycott etc. They showed footage of the players training and I was distracted by that. I hadn't realised the Supporters Trust were getting involved and talking the the press?

The Supporters Trust were mentioned on the local tv news at 6.25am today, BBC 1. I was only half awake but something was said about them not happy with the Sheffied Weds prices, fans expected to boycott etc. They showed footage of the players training and I was distracted by that. I hadn't realised the Supporters Trust were getting involved and talking the the press?

I heard Stu Rogers being interviewed about it on Radio Bristol this morning.

It's a shame that SW could destroy their relationship with their fans, and those of opposing teams. This business structure and rhetoric is all very well when discussed in the boardroom but they do have to realise that the majority of fans just don't have the funds - and they are the backbone of the club. Spinning out the same line about "expensive players, premiership, wages, etc" as an excuse to charge ridiculous prices will no doubt come back to bite them if they fail to win promotion and the fans don't turn up.

I'm so glad that SL has a more reasoned approach.

I understand that Championship prices are likely to be more expensive but I would think a flat price across the board would be a lot fairer.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but it has just struck me that the team with one of the biggest capacities in the Championship are potentially charging the biggest prices.

Even we, with our redevelopment crippling capacity over two seasons, didn't try this. It's just too greedy.

Archived