IGNORED

Boycott Sheffield Wednesday (Merged)

sglosbcfc

As I mentioned a few days ago.

I do hope someone sets up a Twitter account or Facebook or similar so that those fans making a stance against being ripped-off, put over a barrel, held to ransom, exploited etc etc by unfair ticketing pricing can post what they've chosen to do on matchday instead - pics, comments etc...

Would be interesting realtime visual conduit for supporters either forced or choosing to miss this game to make their point and show what their doing instead - & how much money they are saving by not travelling.

This important protest is crying out for a dedicated and well publicised Twitter.

Thanks Oasisowl.

The thing I find most grating about the situation (apart from the actual price) is your chairman saying that the prices reflect the amount of money you've spent on new players. I can understand that if it was just the home fans prices being so extortionate, but to expect away fans to help recover the costs of your transfer policy is ludicrous.

Really? Let's face it not even the Sheff Weds board is that stupid to charge away fans less than the home fans :)

The only disappointing thing at the moment is the response from 'some' Wednesday fans.

They seem to be taking it personally, and trying to find reasons to have a pop at us!, they don't seem to get the fact we are for standing up for all Football fans.

No. Not at all.

I have found that, in general, the SW fans have been supportive of our stance and have even apologised for their club's decision. 

I agree entirely that SW appear to be taking (unfair) advantage of the fact that this game is not only the first of the season, but also City's first game back in the Championship - opening game and City's large travelling support likely to increase the gate.

Concerning 'category' games in general, however, there are certain games - you mentioned Leeds - where costs (Police) are bound to be higher and it is understandable that the club would seek to recover same by increasing ticket prices. 

But aren't you with that Leeds argument then justifying the hike for us? Like you said its our first game back in the Championship, we will (or were supposed to have) large support and lets face it our fans haven't actually been angels in the past either

Archived