IGNORED

Boycott Sheffield Wednesday (Merged)

sglosbcfc

After reading this any City fan going needs their head checked. What a complete moron this guy is.

Unbelievable. I mean even if you were thinking it why woukd your risk alienating away fans by saying the prices are to improve their FFP figures.

500 tickets sold and not on general sale yet, isn't much of a boycott.

I agree though. It has been portrayed in the media as a full on boycott which will make it embarrasing when 1000 show up. Im sad to see that some fans clearly don't have any principles, or far too much money to care?!

I agree though. It has been portrayed in the media as a full on boycott which will make it embarrasing when 1000 show up. Im sad to see that some fans clearly don't have any principles, or far too much money to care?!

Or excited enough to get train tickets early and then had no choice just to buy a ticket....

After reading this any City fan going needs their head checked. What a complete moron this guy is.

Unbelievable. I mean even if you were thinking it why woukd your risk alienating away fans by saying the prices are to improve their FFP figures.

Reading the article I think the EP are stretching it to the extreme.

I've not checked the Sheffield Star but the quotes read to me as based upon questions from Sheff Weds fans in respect of home ticket prices. Nothing there to suggest Bristol City or our issues register on this guys radar.

One quote to support multiple stories seems to be the order of business here.

To be fair to him it's just a re-hash of the statement he made on 17th July when he was rapidly trying to get the home fans back onside and probably wasn't that bothered about the away fans - not sure when BCST released their statement but I think it was after that.

My view for what it's worth is that the tickets are too much, but I'd pay it through gritted teeth because football fans tend to be less than rational when it comes to making decisions like this.  What's the limit for me?  I don't know but it can't be far away. 

Anyway, those that have bought tickets, enjoy the day out, you're a welcome (re)addition to the Championship.  I just hope that those who are boycotting aren't too harsh on those that don't.  Accusing them of lacking principles is a bit much IMHO

To be fair to him it's just a re-hash of the statement he made on 17th July when he was rapidly trying to get the home fans back onside and probably wasn't that bothered about the away fans - not sure when BCST released their statement but I think it was after that.

My view for what it's worth is that the tickets are too much, but I'd pay it through gritted teeth because football fans tend to be less than rational when it comes to making decisions like this. What's the limit for me? I don't know but it can't be far away.

Anyway, those that have bought tickets, enjoy the day out, you're a welcome (re)addition to the Championship. I just hope that those who are boycotting aren't too harsh on those that don't. Accusing them of lacking principles is a bit much IMHO

**** what people think of me for going.

I'm going because as already pointed out one of my mates had already put time and effort in to sorting and paying for the Mini bus.

Is it to much - yes of course it is, however the same people moaning were also happy to pay more than that for some seats at Wembley - no difference for me, they are both football matches.

Let me clarify I think these prices are a disgrace for a 2nd tier football match and whilst we will still take 800 or so it could have been nearer 2500-3000 so who loses out?

I'm going because as already pointed out one of my mates had already put time and effort in to sorting and paying for the Mini bus.

Is it to much - yes of course it is, however the same people moaning were also happy to pay more than that for some seats at Wembley - no difference for me, they are both football matches.

Let me clarify I think these prices are a disgrace for a 2nd tier football match and whilst we will still take 800 or so it could have been nearer 2500-3000 so who loses out?

Errrrrrrr did you read the article?

Just to be clear (for the 10th time), SWFC have said that the cost of the ticket is to aid their promotion bid and FFP - I think this is wrong.  I thought that this coupled with the fact that 39 quid is outrageous would be enough to put off the average person.

Your opinion is clearly different and you are entitled to go, but I think your mad if you don't feel even slightly shafted when you walk through the turnstiles!

Ignore them mate the players will appreciate your support.

Only about 20% going of what might have been. FairPlay to them , I'm sure a lot of them will make their feelings known by not buying food,drink,programmes,etc from SW . They might even manage to put together a few banners to make the point . But the biggest point has been made by the absent thousands . On the subject of points I expect City to return with just the One ( 1-1 draw) .

No problem with anyone one choosing to go and nether should anyone else, but hose who choose to boycott it (remember an official boycott hasn't been called) need to be respected in their views,

The likes s.bcity had booked their transport on the day the fixtures were released and they don't have much of a choice other then suck it up and attend,

As much as 39 quid is expensive losing 100 quid for a train cancellation or 200 quid for cancelling a mini bus is money people can't afford to lose,

Those who chose to attend should make sure they buy no food or drink from the club

No problem with anyone one choosing to go and nether should anyone else, but hose who choose to boycott it (remember an official boycott hasn't been called) need to be respected in their views,

The likes s.bcity had booked their transport on the day the fixtures were released and they don't have much of a choice other then suck it up and attend,

As much as 39 quid is expensive losing 100 quid for a train cancellation or 200 quid for cancelling a mini bus is money people can't afford to lose,

Those who chose to attend should make sure they buy no food or drink from the club

Absolutely. And those that do go should voice their displeasure as much as possible.

Archived