IGNORED

Scouting Set Up

Drew Peacock

I empathise with the soundbite comment i really do. damned if you do or don't i suppose. And as Fogg says below I am not exactly in a position to 'preach' am I... busted !! :shutup:

Shall I do a poll to see if people want them shortened Foggs? Genuine question my friend.

Doesn't bother me; I like reading long posts on here - was just pointing out "he who is without sin cast the first stone"!

Give me long, interesting posts over "this", "+1" or puns any day!

Doesn't bother me; I like reading long posts on here - was just pointing out "he who is without sin cast the first stone"!

Give me long, interesting posts over "this", "+1" or puns any day!

I'm with you on that....isn't that what the 'like' tab is for?

I really don't care who sides with who, or who agrees with someone...does it matter? To me that always look like someone can't say something, without their forum 'buddies' having to back them, to make them feel like they are 'right'.

Football is a game of opinions.... everyone has an opinion....and surely the best way to talk on a forum, is to have well thought out debate backing up your opinion?

Hands up if you came here expecting a thread about our scouting set up but were disappointed to instead find a debate about whether long posts or soundbites are better?

My question was answered in the first post, so I am not worried it has changed course!

Although I have a general aversion to soundbite posts, I suspect it is driven by texting and twitter character limits.  Although this leads to some horrendous abbreviations and bad grammar, it does at least make people think about the point of what they are trying to say and put it across succinctly without a load of waffle.

Different type of scout...

In what way...? He was also Chief Scout...just mainly did European players.

In the same way as Keith Burt...although 'Director of Football'....he will 'Scout' and watch with his own eyes any potential signing for the first team.

BT in the same way, will look for Development players....and there is a network of Scouts all working under his guidance as to what the Club are looking for.

Keith Burts appointment was the more significant than any other appointment. The bloke is very experienced and knows how the world of British football works better than most. He has many national and European contacts and having heard him speak its makes you realise just how long overdue his appointment was.

Why it took so long for City to appoint a director of football at City will remain a mystery.

The best appointment City have made in decades - certainly in my years of following City.

In fairness the Director of Football role has changed since its first appearance in the UK.

Most of the early DoF's were basically managers employed when the club already had an old school manager leading to conflict. Like him or not but had SoD not wanted to focus on coaching we may never have brought in Burt who is exactly what a DoF should be and solely about continuation of recruitment regardless of manager and nothing to do with the day to day first team and matchday. 

Hands up if you came here expecting a thread about our scouting set up but were disappointed to instead find a debate about whether long posts or soundbites are better?

As interesting as the thread -esp' Spuds post turned out to be, and it was indeed a worthwhile lengthy and informative read. It wasn't what I'd originally hoped for from an Otib thread.

To be honest the title excited me and I was hoping to learn a little about how the experts set up efficient camping sites, tent errection, optimum spacing safe pegging and roping, and most of all how to build a great camp-fire.

No doubt many others opened this thread for similar reasons to myself but a fair few of them possibly also have a coincidental passing interest in football too so the thread probably wasn't a total waste of time after all.. :)

PS.. While I'm here, what the **** is a fly sheet and how the heck do you fix 'em?

Goodnight campers, leave yer woggles alone and sleep well. .... dammit I need to 'go' , anyone got a torch and a spade I can borrow?

Archived