IGNORED

Away Kit - Out Thursday

Rocky

For the haters, just look at The Norwich kit fiasco this year, they have released 3 kits, all a variation of green and yellow! And the third kit is truely bad! http://www.90min.com/posts/2379102-norwich-city-reveal-embarrassingly-similar-third-kit-for-coming-season-and-twitter-reacts

being as kind as possible to norwich, the only place they have to wear the away kit is watford, the third kit wont get a run out except maybe in cup games (thankfully for every ones eyes)

Great idea to include the purple and lime again and it looks really classy. Judging by Twitter fans of other clubs like it too.

Looks like these shirts could prove irresistible to football fans around the country, and no doubt we'll soon see Bristol City shirts worn in huge numbers all around the globe as well.

About time too.  ;)   :city:

Quite like it but as sizes are nothing like the average man would wear it shall not be troubling my piggy bank again this year. Since we have gone to Bristol Sport the sizing has saved me a fortune in merchandise cos none of it fits. I do like the designs they come up with though.

CLJkCtzUwAAiq2e.jpg

As a design...it looks nice.

As a football kit...it's the worse possible scenario apart from Grey.

Players hate black kits....as they get lost in the background of the crowd.

Our purple and lime kit not only looked good....but it was great for picking out a player as well.

I read a while back, some statistics on win rates by kit colour.

Red came out top, white second.

Bottom was Black and Grey.

Can you remember when Man Utd players complained about their Grey kit, because they lost team mates in the background?

They stopped playing in that kit.

Research has done a lot on colour and performance in sport. The purple and orange football boots were created because footballers reacted slightly faster with them.

An all lime green keepers kit also gives an illusion to them being bigger.

Any edge helps....for me....this kit is a big mistake.

Our purple and lime kit not only looked good....but it was great for picking out a player as well.

Can you remember when Man Utd players complained about their Grey kit, because they lost team mates in the background?

Research has done a lot on colour and performance in sport. The purple and orange football boots were created because footballers reacted slightly faster with them.

Southampton away, think United changed at half time.....but wasn't the kit they changed to the all black kit??

Makes sense though

The exact point I was making.

Agree to an extent, but of the 23 opponents I think our home kit would only truly clash with 4 or 5 so in theory it shouldn't get that much use. I'm sure if the players or management feel it's affecting performance it'll be used as scarcely as possible.

I hope we have red shorts to use in the home kit when only the shorts from the home kit clash

Quite like it but as sizes are nothing like the average man would wear it shall not be troubling my piggy bank again this year. Since we have gone to Bristol Sport the sizing has saved me a fortune in merchandise cos none of it fits. I do like the designs they come up with though.

They do have more than one size.

Agree to an extent, but of the 23 opponents I think our home kit would only truly clash with 4 or 5 so in theory it shouldn't get that much use. I'm sure if the players or management feel it's affecting performance it'll be used as scarcely as possible.

I hope we have red shorts to use in the home kit when only the shorts from the home kit clash

I can see us using the third kit more again this season ;-)

an admittedly weak argument here could be made about why the socks are purple, herbert chapman got arsenal to wear hooped socks because the contrast between 2 colours was easier for the players to pick out even without looking up fully. seeing as the colours we have on the kit are black, green and purple; black hooped socks wouldnt work for the reason given, and green possibly not because they would be harder to see than a solid bright colour like purple 

Surely it's a case that anyshirt blends in with a crowd tho' I mean our red shirt will blend in with Ashton gate and the crowd because of the amount of red in the ground,

Anyway I love the shirt it's unique and something that would of never of happened under Adidas and puma kit deals

Man Utd had a black away kit 93/95 and won the premier league twice, they also had one as a 3rd kit 98-00 when they won the premier league twice, the old Sharp Viewcam one was voted the fans fave shirt. I think the colour of the shirt means nothing, it's the team in it, if Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal all played in Purple and Lime then this would be the most successful kit colour

Archived