IGNORED

Away Kit - Out Thursday

Rocky

Man Utd had a black away kit 93/95 and won the premier league twice, they also had one as a 3rd kit 98-00 when they won the premier league twice, the old Sharp Viewcam one was voted the fans fave shirt. I think the colour of the shirt means nothing, it's the team in it, if Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal all played in Purple and Lime then this would be the most successful kit colour

Of course you are right when it comes to the quality of a team fella....but stats across all teams showed those results.

Man Utd wouldn't have complained about their kit colours if it didn't have an effect on their performance.

What fans think of it, has no relevance in performance on the pitch.

Plus companies wouldn't spend money on research if colour made no difference.

Of course you are right when it comes to the quality of a team fella....but stats across all teams showed those results.

Man Utd wouldn't have complained about their kit colours if it didn't have an effect on their performance.

What fans think of it, has no relevance in performance on the pitch.

Plus companies wouldn't spend money on research if colour made no difference.

The bad thing about stats is they don't always give the full picture, if playing red improves your chances of winning due to some mystical power of the colour red, what the hell has happened to that effect at Bristol City!

I like it

The bad thing about stats is they don't always give the full picture, if playing red improves your chances of winning due to some mystical power of the colour red, what the hell has happened to that effect at Bristol City!

Well you only need to look at the blue half of Bristol. Which colour has had more success?

I think this has gone over a lot of peoples heads....it doesn't mean you are going to win more wearing one colour or other.

The comparison was done against each colour and when each team wore that colour....a percentage comparison.

Of course if the Gas wore red they wouldn't be more successful than us if we wore black.

It's about using Stats as an edge and using those stats with other knowledge.

If Stats weren't useful....Clubs wouldn't spend Millions on them, or employ people purely to study them.

I think this has gone over a lot of peoples heads....it doesn't mean you are going to win more wearing one colour or other.

The comparison was done against each colour and when each team wore that colour....a percentage comparison.

Of course if the Gas wore red they wouldn't be more successful than us if we wore black.

It's about using Stats as an edge and using those stats with other knowledge.

If Stats weren't useful....Clubs wouldn't spend Millions on them, or employ people purely to study them.

Never bought into it all to be honest. Can't see how wearing a black kit against a crowd is any different to wearing red against a crowd of people who are (in the majority) wearing red sat on red seats with a back drop of red flags. I suppose it probably effects night/winter games more due to light?

Southampton away, think United changed at half time.....but wasn't the kit they changed to the all black kit??

Makes sense though

I believe they came out in the second half wearing their blue and white strips? 

In other news I think that our kit is really smart!

It's my old school tie.

I was thinking that too. Westbury Park Primary School in the 60's. Classic look.

Clearly the Club are making an attempt to reach out to the football fans who reside(d) north of the river.

Archived