IGNORED

Calais

SARJ

It may only be 2,200 people but if there's nowhere to put them, there's nowhere to put them. Do we let them in to live rough on the streets? Or are we holding back some as yet unutilised accommodation just in case despite having a housing problem for the existing population. It's almost the same logic as Cotts justifying selling Cunningham because we haven't got enough players anyway, we might as well let one more go.

As I've said, more people arrive every day via airports.

Despite what some papers would suggest we aren't literally full-up. We just cannot have an open door immigration policy.

2k is relatively nothing. More people than that emigrate every week.

Watching the news tonight reinforces what I have long thought, the French old Bill are absolutely appalling, they couldn't find their own arses with both hands, lazy bastards.

If you had a bunch of illiterate undesirables trying to leave your country and go to another - would you really be that bothered??

. And a lot more than 2k are born in this country every week

Yes, I'm only suggesting a last option way of dealing with this immediate trqffic snarl-up, not a long-term solution.

Alas, I don't think more sniffer dogs and extra lorry parks are going to solve it.

A quota immigration system is the only way in the long-term I think.

If you had a bunch of illiterate undesirables trying to leave your country and go to another - would you really be that bothered??

Probably not but then Australia wouldn't be where it is today without them.  And to make it worse I was one of them in 1975 !!

'75?

When the Queen sacked the elected Prime Minister?

Did you have anything to do with that?

That was my brief from Her Maj ........... help get rid of Guff and get Malc in. Spent many a night plotting this over a Pimms with Sir John.

You were in the Israeli army weren't you?, do you think you would have got away that sort of performance?, they gave up FFS.

We have slightly different engagement rules than civilian police .....

And to be fair in that video I believe their brief was to clear the road and turn them back from entering the port?

Which they did no matter what we think.

We have slightly different engagement rules than civilian police .....

And to be fair in that video I believe their brief was to clear the road and turn them back from entering the port?

Which they did no matter what we think.

These are CRS, supposedly the creme de la creme, they are like the military wing of the gendarmarie, they even live in barracks and can be deployed anywhere in France.

Archived