IGNORED

Congratulations To David Lloyd (Merged)

Bristol Rob

I don't blame DL at all for not continuing with the Q&A forum as it was abused - the same as the ask SL forum some years ago.

Some of the obsessives and drama queens on here would be having a field day with the lack of signings and stadium issues.

Its not his fault its closed down, its the fault of some of the nutters on here.

So address the issues of the drama queens rather than stopping the game and taking your ball home.

What M said. I have also asked on more than one occasion for any abuse posted to be highlighted to us. No one ever came back to me/the other mods

If Dolls says this then I'll take it as gospel.

If you have an agenda and you can blame someone else conveniently for your decision then it's quite compelling.

This topic should be closed now mods. Getting way to personal towards Dave L. People need to remember he is a bloke doing a job to pay his mortgage. Not perfect but gets repeated personal attacks from people who aren't even fit to lace his boots. I'm glad I don't have 13,000 plus people on a forum judging my performance at work!!! As to people who said why doesn't he post on here anymore.. Are you really surprised??

As Red M says above... It must be a real pain for DL having to repeatedly address the same questions via individual emails. (not to mention expensive and time consuming, surely BS aren't getting v.f.m. or individuals are getting bland generic replies? .. Inadequate way of doing things at best)

At least when most general questions could be asked and addressed in public repetitive queries were unnecessary... If and when they did occur it was easy to do a PMs question time style -'I refer my honorable friend to the reply I gave some moments ago (or hours, days, weeks ago whatever) Making use of Otib in this way must've been a cost effective way for the club to communicate ... Not withstanding all other options of communication could still be utilised/made available as BS saw fit, phones,emails etc when queries if a private nature called for it.

Step backwards for sure.

If there was any abuse towards DL it may well have been in the other forum sections as the Q&A was strictly moderated and any dodgy posts would not have been approved and DL even commented how well he thought that section was going.

There could however and this is possibility that BCFC/BS might not have been totally happy with some of the answers given in that section and maybe asked DL to come away from it, i did at times get the impression that the answers were off his own back and i sensed a frustration there. Maybe? Maybe not? but it's impression i got from reading it.

This topic should be closed now mods. Getting way to personal towards Dave L. People need to remember he is a bloke doing a job to pay his mortgage. Not perfect but gets repeated personal attacks from people who aren't even fit to lace his boots. I'm glad I don't have 13,000 plus people on a forum judging my performance at work!!! As to people who said why doesn't he post on here anymore.. Are you really surprised??

Nice to hear from you Dave, now what about restarting the Q & A officially?

I don't blame DL at all for not continuing with the Q&A forum as it was abused

versus

I'm sorry but I'm standing firm here. Nothing remotely abusive was posted in the Q&A, in fact I thought people used it really well.

What M said. I have also asked on more than one occasion for any abuse posted to be highlighted to us. No one ever came back to me/the other mods

the Q&A was strictly moderated and any dodgy posts would not have been approved and DL even commented how well he thought that section was going.

Cant see any reason why the Q&A isnt still going apart from DL does not want to use it. a waste.

Whilst nothing 'abusive' was posted in the QA section, nobody can deny he got it pretty rough on other areas.

It sounds like people are being pedantic about the whole situation.

It got very messy at one point, when Timothy and others were at their most active. I felt uncomfortable for the guy at every post aimed at him. We all know that's why he left. Let's leave it at that, no need to try and make others in the club look like enemies by being literal. We're all reasonably sensible, especially Dolly, M and co - so let's stop playing silly beggars.

It was a good idea, minority ruined it - majority suffer. That's just life.

agreed, think my buttons were pushed. Never mind. Just feel that this really is a topic that needs ending

Fair enough.

Some people will think DL does an awful job, for many different reasons. Some will think the opposite.

Either way, we'll never get an objective response imo. Not while he's paid by and answerable to BS.

The role needs to be unpaid and outside of the jurisdiction of BS. Alternatively, funded by BS but employed independently of BS. Won't ever happen.

Fair enough.

Some people will think DL does an awful job, for many different reasons. Some will think the opposite.

Either way, we'll never get an objective response imo. Not while he's paid by and answerable to BS.

The role needs to be unpaid and outside of the jurisdiction of BS. Alternatively, funded by BS but employed independently of BS. Won't ever happen.

agree 100%

Whilst nothing 'abusive' was posted in the QA section, nobody can deny he got it pretty rough on other areas.

It sounds like people are being pedantic about the whole situation.

It got very messy at one point, when Timothy and others were at their most active. I felt uncomfortable for the guy at every post aimed at him. We all know that's why he left. Let's leave it at that, no need to try and make others in the club look like enemies by being literal. We're all reasonably sensible, especially Dolly, M and co - so let's stop playing silly beggars.

It was a good idea, minority ruined it - majority suffer. That's just life.

The Q & A worked well, and was created because other means of contacting BCFC sometimes are not practical, or ineffectual.

That's just life .. Yes the world moves on and it should not be necessary to attend time consuming meetings instead of sticking a post up on a sub forum.

It got very messy at one point, when Timothy and others were at their most active. I felt uncomfortable for the guy at every post aimed at him. We all know that's why he left ... Here is a disagreement. He was probably instructed to cease posting by his employers Bristol Sport unfortunately who did not like the publicity their actions / explanations were causing.

Instead of withdrawing Bristol Sport should be learning from it and being more open and proactive. By doing so they are more likely to avoid poor publicity by first bouncing ideas off supporters. Nobody knows fans better than fans and those who have met Bristol Sport face to face will confirm their knowledge of being fans is not deep.

hilarious, your wasted sitting on the dole mate should be a stand up comedian!!

What part of my post leads you to think I am on the dole?

The thing about being the fans liaison officer or what ever DL is called is that it's pretty much like being an MP, you may not agree with the views or politics of the person, but you have been elected (or in this cause chosen) to listen to those views, take them forward to the decision makers and report back, fairly straight forward and easy to understand.

This method represents a chance for the ordinary guy or gal to be heard and to be given a reply.

Can't see what's wrong with it in principle unless the decision makers find the questions uncomfortable because they highlight their own failings.

P.S

My income last year was in excess of 50k, so either I know how to play the benefits system, or I work real hard at what I do.

The thing about being the fans liaison officer or what ever DL is called is that it's pretty much like being an MP, you may not agree with the views or politics of the person, but you have been elected (or in this cause chosen) to listen to those views, take them forward to the decision makers and report back, fairly straight forward and easy to understand.

This method represents a chance for the ordinary guy or gal to be heard and to be given a reply.

Can't see what's wrong with it in principle unless the decision makers find the questions uncomfortable because they highlight their own failings.

P.S

My income last year was in excess of 50k, so either I know how to play the benefits system, or I work real hard at what I do.

maybe I pushed your buttons too? 50k a year... Got to be a politician. Anyway enough squabbling we obviously completely disagree on the Dave L situation. 1-1 draw

Nothing wrong with it unless people think the f a n thing which meets every 3 - 4 months is better.

• Admin

Agree, FAN needs improving for me.

Not enough people know about it and I'm pretty cynical about their reluctance to stream the event.

Needs knocking on the head, as I said before after the meeting when cotts spoke then we were told time ran out for previously raised questions to be asked. It was clear this group was not set up correctly

Archived