IGNORED

Congratulations To David Lloyd (Merged)

Bristol Rob

Can't stand the bloke. Sorry if that's a minority view.

His decision to stop posting on this - the main - forum was wrong in my view.

He brought all the criticism on his own head over the flag-gate issue by inferring that the flag was representative of some facist group when it was clearly nothing of the sort.

He brought all the criticism on his own head over the flag-gate issue by inferring that the flag was representative of some facist group when it was clearly nothing of the sort.

+1, I've no time for him at all.

You're not alone, waste of time having a liaison officer who doesn't liaise.

His role seems completely pointless these days. He is too timid to show his face on here which is a joke. His response ref the dolman stand issues was also poor. I also couldn't believe how edgy he was getting on the mic after the pitch invasion when we had just won a league for the first time in the majority of supporters lifes !

Time for a fresh face who is proactive I would say dolly Marie does more to help fellow fans than Dave L ever has.

I have emailed him before and on two occasionsnot even had a reply

:grr:

Utter rubbish.

And a really good genuine bloke who's totally approachable and committed to his role. Try e-mailing or ringing him.

Although maybe the lack of new signings is his fault?

When did I say he wasn't a nice bloke or mention signings?

I'm just not that impressed with David Lloyds ability to liaise with the fan base, he's out of touch.

Having met him a few times in the past he's always come across as a genuine man and a genuine city fan. But that doesn't hecessarily qualify you for the job of supporter liason officer. Or match day announcer for that matter, always preferred the chubby guy that preceded Dave Lloyd. The one who actually got the gate going before a game.

Having met him a few times in the past he's always come across as a genuine man and a genuine city fan. But that doesn't hecessarily qualify you for the job of supporter liason officer. Or match day announcer for that matter, always preferred the chubby guy that preceded Dave Lloyd. The one who actually got the gate going before a game.

COOOOOOOOMEEEEEE ON YOUUUUUUU REDSSSSSSS. That guy?

bit harsh really?? Don't shoot the messenger

Is this the same messenger who sat in the 8 seats that have obstructed views, that suddenly became 40 or 50?

When did I say he wasn't a nice bloke or mention signings?

I'm just not that impressed with David Lloyds ability to liaise with the fan base, he's out of touch.

You didn't - I did.

You said he he didn't liaise which I said was utter rubbish.

To be fair to him, OTIB can be a little.. Over dramatic.. If I was an employee I would stay off this forum too

Nail on head. I think DL is another character within Bristol sport who's damned if he does or doesn't. OTIB for all it's many good points is an internet forum populated by a majority of anonymous users who may or may not support BCFC and by a significant number who attend the occasional match but still are very content to comment on some matters  which in reality are best left to those who actually attend every game or who genuinely use the services at BS3. My favourite posts in recent weeks are " I thought Wilbraham had been released" and " Joe Bryan isn't that good, can't get past his man but I didn't manage to get to a game last season so he could of improved". Classic.

I like the bloke, as a man and a person. Unfortunately - he's just a suit, not a liaison officer.

This new title just makes him a suit for a bigger brigade.

Best of luck David, but remember you're representing the fans, not BS.

If the fans paid for him then he's representing the fans but his salary is paid by BS and as such he represents them. He is a liaison officer but that doesn't mean he can implement fan's wish lists.

Perhaps it's a good time to reflect on what SL is continuing to try to do for BCFC and sport in Bristol whilst continuing to lose millions every year in the process. Just remember that other poor excuse of a club newly promoted from non league to fully appreciate how lucky we are.

Archived