IGNORED

South Stand Event - Please Read

Dollymarie

Sorry to hear that there are no plans for chairs and tables in the concourse. If the club want people to get there early and spend their money, standing up holding a pint for an hour and a half isn't a lot of fun. As others have said, definitely need serving lanes at the bars and the gents toilets need in and out signs. Sat in the south stand for the first half and the Dolman for the second last night. The tannoy announcements were practically undeciferable in both areas but when music was playing it was OK!

Don't want to sound negative as all this is easily sorted. I was hugely impressed with the whole build and think that over the coming months it will become something we can be proud of and call home!

Was the Butcombe served at the right temperature?

I'm pretty sure they weren't selling fraught butcombe... Probably because they wouldn't have got through enough of it. Bottles are kept in the fridges. So they'd be cold. But hopefully on Saturday they'll be pulling it though the hand pulls.

Constructive feedback is surely welcomed. I was referring to general negativity about teething problems, which will no doubt be solved in time i.e. lack of decoration/plain brick walls, no tables, having to walk an extra 2 mins to get to an appropriate turnstile (only for one season I might add).

As for prices, fans can moan all they want, but those won't change.

How will the club know about teething problems unless the people using the stands give feedback?

Lets be honest if there are no tables, if it is chaos at the tills because of no serving lanes and if it is left looking cold and gloomy then people are not going to use the stand before and after the games and that will hit Bristol Sport in the pocket. It is in Bristol Sports interest to implement the changes the fans want as fans sre then far more likely to use the facilities for an extended period of time. I would love to come in to the stands early and watch the early kick offs then stay around after to watch SSN and possibly the evening game. But not if it means I have to hold my pint for hours and feeling cold plus have wet feet from the splashback on the taps.

So the Bar & Grill will be open Saturday?! I was told only the shop. Last week I was told the bar might not be even open for the Leeds games. Integral obviously putting in some long shifts.

I am guessing it will be all hands to the pump literally.  They said there was a small chance it would be open, but didn't want to commit to that.

Sorry to hear that there are no plans for chairs and tables in the concourse. If the club want people to get there early and spend their money, standing up holding a pint for an hour and a half isn't a lot of fun. As others have said, definitely need serving lanes at the bars and the gents toilets need in and out signs. Sat in the south stand for the first half and the Dolman for the second last night. The tannoy announcements were practically undeciferable in both areas but when music was playing it was OK!

Don't want to sound negative as all this is easily sorted. I was hugely impressed with the whole build and think that over the coming months it will become something we can be proud of and call home!

Exactly my experience and thoughts too.

Just watched the video , completely unaware that season tickets holders were entitled to a 10% discount off all food and drink purchased in the stadium.

Has this just slipped under the radar or has this always been the case.?

New this year I believe. I remember seeing it on the ST paperwork we had I think, but until reminded I had also forgotten it

• Admin

Don't forget , after the Burnley game , there is the international break and we are away the following Saturday, so what isn't done now and all the comments from last night, they will try and put right for the next home game.

Not sure why the club keep mentioning the international break, as Bristol play Bedford at home that weekend.

Last night the SS was bathed in late evening sunshine as well.

Ahhhh ,  you see my new seat is in the (lower) Dolman. I was getting into the spirit of things and we left early, just after half time  ;)

Don;t get it - it worked earlier! 

http://www.takeachunk.com how's that, worked for me.

nope now it doesn't , just delete the forward slash and it does. 

4th edit..... now it does, sod it I'm off.

Ahhhh , you see my new seat is in the (lower) Dolman. I was getting into the spirit of things and we left early, just after half time ;)

http://www.takeachunk.com how's that, worked for me.

nope now it doesn't , just delete the forward slash and it does.

4th edit..... now it does, sod it I'm off.

The pies look nice. Lack of sausage rolls are a concern.

Just watched the video , completely unaware that season tickets holders were entitled to a 10% discount off all food and drink purchased in the stadium.

Has this just slipped under the radar or has this always been the case.?

Same here. News to me also.

Do you just show your ST to the till operator and they will apply the discount? Hopefully the till will work it for them as I wouldn't rate the chances of some of them being able to calculate it manually.

Wish they would have a slightly bigger range and sold some chips and burgers and soft drinks in a disposal cup. I want a meal deal where I can have a pie/pasty/burger/sausage roll and chips and a coke. Thats a proper meal deal but the club do have to be applauded for choosing a quality brand.

What brand is it ?

Same here. News to me also.

Do you just show your ST to the till operator and they will apply the discount? Hopefully the till will work it for them as I wouldn't rate the chances of some of them being able to calculate it manually.

You wouldn't rate their chances because.......you think they are not as clever as you? Someone who didn't know about the discount?

I was asked by a very well turned out till operator if I was a ST holder, I said yes, they asked to see my ST, which I produced, and got 10% off my bill.

Pretty simple...even for you.

Wish they would have a slightly bigger range and sold some chips and burgers and soft drinks in a disposal cup. I want a meal deal where I can have a pie/pasty/burger/sausage roll and chips and a coke. Thats a proper meal deal but the club do have to be applauded for choosing a quality brand.

Frying of any kind usually requires Oil, and means increased H & S Issues, along with the need to remove the heat/ smell from the cooking process.

Selling pre cooked food that only requires warming up is easier and safer.

I didn't see any Chip pans but they may be there somewhere.

I would guess the Bar and Grill will sell chips.

Don't forget , after the Burnley game , there is the international break and we are away the following Saturday, so what isn't done now and all the comments from last night, they will try and put right for the next home game.

Bristol Rugby playing their first home game on Sunday 6th September, the football international break.

Archived