IGNORED

Atmosphere Tomorrow

beaverface

What are everyones thoughts on the atmosphere tomorrow?

Going to be a complete change around with a side stand being missing, a brand new stand, the corner of the Dolman now meeting the new South Stand, the Dolman roof being extended further and home fans being by the tunnel.

I've got a feeling that the sound will reverberate quite nicely between the Dolman and South Stand, and the Atyeo stand with it's unreserved former East Enders giving a good go also.........here's hoping for plenty of noise!

Of course a few early home goals would help as well :-D

I'm pretty hopeful it will be way better than last year. Attendance will already be higher, should be far more away fans at games sandwiched between two vocal areas. That was the only thing lacking a fair bit last season which was such a shame given it was so successful. But that's progress sometimes, cannot wait for tomorrow.

Tense, very tense... have to hope we score first or could turn out to be a real party pooper...

Tense? I was thinking a party and a drink to celebrate being back where we are. Probably/hopefully too happy and merry to be tense.

Tense? I was thinking a party and a drink to celebrate being back where we are. Probably/hopefully too happy and merry to be tense.

I do tend to agree with that, however I can't see any pre match atmosphere happening, I think everyone will be too busy looking around the new concourses.

Quiet i think. Im really dissappinted that the two blocks mext to the away fans are going to be strictly seated. I think thats a real atmosphere killer, even if it is just young children they can still go on stand on seats while everyone else stands

It'll be like going back to the late 80's with the away fans next to the Dolman, hoping for an old school atmosphere this season for a large proportion of games.

i was in the old open end once when we played west ham in the 80s, the rest of the ground had sold out but we managed to get in the away end, it was terrifying, not just being amongst the wet ham fans but the rain of missiles coming in from the dolman, snooker balls, darts, bits of seat, those were the days .........

Quiet i think. Im really dissappinted that the two blocks mext to the away fans are going to be strictly seated. I think thats a real atmosphere killer, even if it is just young children they can still go on stand on seats while everyone else stands

They're purposely selected to allow singers next to them more freedom - it's a buffer. As a result our singers are allowed flags and a lot more leeway than they've had before.

Atyeo will be fine. Sound should move well around SS/Dolman but requires them to join in to utilise that!

It'll be like going back to the late 80's with the away fans next to the Dolman, hoping for an old school atmosphere this season for a large proportion of games.

As the previous poster just said, we could recreate the 80s atmosphere by ripping out seats from the Dolman and hurling them at the Brentford fans. In turn they could recreate the away end feel by lighting a big bonfire in the middle of the away end, Millwall 1985 style.

Wonder how early people leaving will make for the new vomitories in Dolman?

It's my first time in the Dolman since the old 'A' block days, so can someoone give a signal when I should start to leave for half time and full time please.  :blink:

i was in the old open end once when we played west ham in the 80s, the rest of the ground had sold out but we managed to get in the away end, it was terrifying, not just being amongst the wet ham fans but the rain of missiles coming in from the dolman, snooker balls, darts, bits of seat, those were the days .........

Mate, you should have been in the enclosure that particular evening, made the Park End look like a Sunday School picnic.

Going to different that's for sure. Will feel more enclosed and a bit louder as the new stand goes up but obviously that's a while off yet. Dolmanites better get used to having to Dolman salute due to having no Williams to hide the sun.

Saying that what happens on the grass makes the atmosphere so come on you reds and it'll be grand.

Going to different that's for sure. Will feel more enclosed and a bit louder as the new stand goes up but obviously that's a while off yet. Dolmanites better get used to having to Dolman salute due to having no Williams to hide the sun.

Saying that what happens on the grass makes the atmosphere so come on you reds and it'll be grand.

We've been used to shielding our eyes for as long as I can remember, especially us in the back rows.

I'm looking forward to hearing the noise from the SS, albeit just from when we score or get close.

The old east end was a great stand for atmosphere.......if you were in it, you could barely hear anything coming out of it, if you were elsewhere in the ground.

The new stand should be the opposite, which will be much better for the stadium as a whole, the p,ayers especially.

Quiet i think. Im really dissappinted that the two blocks mext to the away fans are going to be strictly seated. I think thats a real atmosphere killer, even if it is just young children they can still go on stand on seats while everyone else stands

So we can't get safe standing legalised but you think getting excited kids to stand on tip-up seats is the solution? What could possibly go wrong?!

Won't happen

Away fans on their feet singing will start the home fans off exactly the same

I expect the atmosphere to be good despite the Williams not being there. The Atyeo should be good and the Dolman A & B blocks always respond when it's going.

I just hope the new Atyeo lot leave the "Eastenders" songs which alienate and annoy most other areas of the ground. IMO.

Sing loud, sing proud and hopefully this season will be great, whatever happens on the pitch, let's have away fans leaving saying "**** me, their fans were good"

COYR.

I just hope the new Atyeo lot leave the "Eastenders" songs which alienate and annoy most other areas of the ground. IMO.

COYR.

Non-East Ender here: No, they don't. They make me proud. And I haven't heard anyone else complain or talk of alienation or annoyance at the East End songs either. Where did that come from?

Non-East Ender here: No, they don't. They make me proud. And I haven't heard anyone else complain or talk of alienation or annoyance at the East End songs either. Where did that come from?

Fair enough. Must just be amongst all the people I speak too.

Anyway, my post wasn't meant to be negative or having a dig at them, it's was hoping they might move on and create a new legacy.

COYR.

Archived