IGNORED

Its Obscene And I Would Rather Get Relegated

BS3_RED

I asked if you were at Luton because you are billing yourself as a super fan, that deserves more credit on a forum for being lucky enough to attend matches.

I just fancied a dick waving contest that was all....

And for the record.... it doesn't matter if you attend 0, 1 or 50 games it doesn't make you a better fan... it makes you a luckier fan.

Anyone who states that they are a Bristol City fan regardless of how many games they attend... is a BCFC fan... Simples.

Out of likes today, so I actually have to write to agree with Tetbury

Is there an option for a post to self destruct before the quoted poster reads it? That would he nice!

If the guy actually signs it would be an investment in the future of this club; SL believes in SC and his choices of playing staff.

As I said before relegation is not an option we have to stay in this league and build a team/squad to do so, and to build for the future with a team/squad that can fill our new ground next season.

Play with the big boys pay with the big boys.

I agree with the opening post. I hate the prem and all it stands for. Hate what football has become. Starting to not feel the same i use to about the club i have supported and loved all my life. This is madness.

The club is moving on mate, you should too. When ambition is confused with obscenity, and any aspirations tinged with nostalgia for the 'good old days' of watching our peers overtake and regard us with disdain and condescension, (Swansea, Cardiff, Swindon, Bradford, Brighton, Bournemouth,the list goes on) then I truly pity you and your support for this club. Every one else has given it a go, it's our turn now. The difference is, many of these clubs didn't have a solid base to build from and paid the price.landsdown built a billion pound business from scratch, I think I trust him to make more good decisions than bad when it comes to BCFC.

I agree with the opening post.  I hate the prem and all it stands for.  Hate what football has become.  Starting to not feel the same i use to about the club i have supported and loved all my life.  This is madness. 

Ah so you look forward to a less than half full, totally renovated 27,000 all seater state of the art Ashton Gate and be able to compete against ragged assed Rovers again?.

The vision was a league 1 vision TRL and now it's not because league 1 has been done.

It wasn't a league 1 vision, and if it was point me to where he says this vision is for league 1.  It is the usual change of direction that has encompassed his entire time at the club.

I don't mind if he spends or doesn't spend, it is the constant lies and not sticking to goals that he sets that annoys me, and it is just that will make this club lurch backwards and forwards and not progress.  If these big signings fail, does he chuck good money after bad to chase the dream or revert back to, we will live within our mean rhetoric?

All I'd say is there's no pleasing some people.

SL is a billionaire. He made his money cause he's good at making it. He's not daft, I'm sure there are provisions for Bristol Sport should anything happen to him, his son for one will have our well being at heart as well as his fathers fortune.

If we couldn't afford it, he wouldn't be doing it.

Do you plan on complaining when the next batch of signings come if they are at a higher cost than you believe they are worth ?

I believe that BS3_RED has made a valid and sensible point but am sad that, instead of reasoned argument, he has been the subject of spiteful abuse. Lets have an intelligent discussion like adults.

Most people are responding reasonably even though they disagree, yet he's calling them 'idiots' and 'turkeys voting for xmas'.

Its not having it two ways though.

I can (luckily) afford to pay that to watch City play. City however as a club can not afford to pay 8m on one player and that is my point.

You know this for a fact? I don't think you do.

I have sympathy for the shock at the fee, but neither for the hysteria not sanctimonious nonsense, like claiming to be a better fan than others (and don't deny your weren't trying to do that; clear as day) or saying that you know this fee will ruin us, as if you're sitting there with the club's books open I'm front of you.

No time for that.

It wasn't a league 1 vision, and if it was point me to where he says this vision is for league 1.  It is the usual change of direction that has encompassed his entire time at the club.

I don't mind if he spends or doesn't spend, it is the constant lies and not sticking to goals that he sets that annoys me, and it is just that will make this club lurch backwards and forwards and not progress.  If these big signings fail, does he chuck good money after bad to chase the dream or revert back to, we will live within our mean rhetoric?

TRL he's the owner he bank rolls the club, if he wants to see BCFC in the prem before he shuffles off this mortal coil and is prepared to chuck good money after bad, he's quite entitled to do so.

For me I just want to feel like I did all of last season, because it pisses all over the previous 6 years.

City however as a club can not afford to pay 8m on one player and that is my point.

If that were the case then we wouldn't be doing it.

Do you think Cotts goes out with a blank cheque, then has to go and see SL shamefaced to explain his purchases? If the transfer happens it's because SL has sanctioned it, and as far as I'm aware that's who the decision as to affordability lies with.

A club like ours isn't spending the money though is it.

SL is spending HIS money.

It will have zero impact on the club.

This thread illustrates perfectly why we are a backwater where we have to pay through the nose to get players here.

I sincerely hope this isn't the end of SLs spending spree and we see a few more big money (ie, quality) signings.

We are not a backwater because fans question the business sense of spending a shit load of money. We are a backwater because the majority of Bristol could not give a shit about City or Rovers but would rather be plastic Prem fans and if you can not see that then you should not be watching football

TRL he's the owner he bank rolls the club, if he wants to see BCFC in the prem before he shuffles off this mortal coil and is prepared to chuck good money after bad, he's quite entitled to do so.

For me I just want to feel like I did all of last season, because it pisses all over the previous 6 years.

I have never disputed he can do what he wants, although i don't like the way he got his hands on the club.  I do however dislike the way he tries to get the fans onside with hyperbole and bullshit. His vision changes every year.  stick to you vision Mr Lansdown, for once in your ownership of the club.

We are not a backwater because fans question the business sense of spending a shit load of money. We are a backwater because the majority of Bristol could not give a shit about City or Rovers but would rather be plastic Prem fans and if you can not see that then you should not be watching football

and your attitude will ensure those plastic prem fans will proliferate, because there is no alternative for what they crave.

The reason the majority of Bristol don't give a stuff about City or Rovers have achieved fark all of note in their entire history.

SL wants to change that under his tenure, and even then people moan about it! A Bristol City in the premier league would draw big crowds and fill the new stadium week in week out.

For as long as SL wants to finance that ambition, there'll be no complaints from me.

??

The last time I checked Bob, BCFC dont own Ashton Gate anymore and so it has nothing to do with BCFCwhat Bristol Sport do with it. We are now tennants along with Bristol rugby who have equal say in the ground.

The reason the majority of Bristol don't give a stuff about City or Rovers have achieved fark all of note in their entire history.

SL wants to change that under his tenure, and even then people moan about it! A Bristol City in the premier league would draw big crowds and fill the new stadium week in week out.

For as long as SL wants to finance that ambition, there'll be no complaints from me.

Do you mind me asking how old you are?

SL can spend all he likes, but it rather flies in the face of the club living within its means, the club must generate it's own cash on not rely on me (SL) to provide money.

So all f you having a pop at the OP, think back to what the owner has been preaching for the past year and a half, take a look at our attendances because of reduced capacity, take a look at revenue taken from outside of ticket sales, then ask where the 7 8 or 9 million has come from, then ask yourself what has SL been preaching and why has he done a 180 turn.

This reeks of standard SL governing of the club to me... But if he wants to splash the cash then do it, just don't spend a year and a half peddling bullshit to the fans.

Agreed. I guess I admire the ambition, but it goes against everything we've done the last 2 seasons.

Archived