IGNORED

Its Obscene And I Would Rather Get Relegated

BS3_RED

No we will be paying 7-9 million or whatever price happens to be (If we even sign him). you cannot take into consideration a sale that has not, or may not happen, no one would be crazy enough to do that.... would they? Even if Bolasie goes we have no idea how the deal will be structured, it could be done in such a way we see very little of the cash, or take a long time to see the cash,

But maybe City know these details so can gamble on using the money now. If Bolasie doesn't move or for less than expected then I'm sure SL is happy to cover the difference. It's clear Bolasie is close to moving on or Palace wouldn't have been so desperate to have the sell-on wiped.

Rather be relegated??? No way. Its definitely a risk, personally I think one worth taking. The bigger picture of the stadium and premier league is what making lansdown dream. Its exciting times, Andre grey looked very good Saturday. I think this could be the start of a few signings. Buckle down and enjoy the ride.... Or sulk and get left behind??

That's the thing, surely we aren't just gonna spend big on a striker when it is so clear we are short in other positions. Expect more signings before the deadline. Lansdown wants to get to the prem. He is buying a guy who nearly got Brentford there last season. Will be a fantastic signing and 8 million will seem like nothing when Lansdown is counting the TV rights money of the prem. And God knows how much that will be when we eventually get there!

But maybe City know these details so can gamble on using the money now. If Bolasie doesn't move or for less than expected then I'm sure SL is happy to cover the difference. It's clear Bolasie is close to moving on or Palace wouldn't have been so desperate to have the sell-on wiped.

We have no idea if the Gayle deal had any clause to wipe the sell on, likewise any deal for a large amount could be spread over a lot of years with many caveats written into it.  Do we still get paid the full whack if those caveats are not met?  I would not be relying on any extra income from Bolasie unless it is 100% set in stone.  We have no say in another clubs transfer dealings and how they want to structure a deal.  They could potentially swap 2 or 3 player in return and not pay out a single pound!

I have a lot of sympathy with the op, but my concern lies with the fact that most of our starting 11 has never played in the championship and we have adam el abd as the only replacement defender and wagstaff and reid as our replacement midfielders. To lay that money on one promissing championship striker when our squad is so weak is rediculous, another 4 2 million pound players would improve us substantially.

I have a lot of sympathy with the op, but my concern lies with the fact that most of our starting 11 has never played in the championship and we have adam el abd as the only replacement defender and wagstaff and reid as our replacement midfielders. To lay that money on one promissing championship striker when our squad is so weak is rediculous, another 4 2 million pound players would improve us substantially.

Trouble is our card has been played twice now, everyone knows we have millions to spend, those four 2 million pound signings will now probably be four 4 million pound signings.

Knee Jerk panicking has left us in shit street in terms of transfer dealings IMO.

I argued in an earlier thread that our recruitment strategy and financial strategy seemed to be out of sync. In other words we were looking to recruit Championship players with potential sell on value but the financial strategy was such that we couldn't afford them. Something had to give; either we lowered our sights or changed the financial strategy. With Gayle and now Gray It looks like the latter has happened. Seems logical to me and I'm sure SL is grateful for my advice. ;)

Bolasie money may well cover a chunk of it. We have to attempt to compete at this level. I still think we need to strengthen the spine further. DM and CB. Lansdown is a supporter and has this club at heart he is trying to build something sustainable hence his huge investment in the ground and club infrastructure.

Do you mind me asking what the relevance of that is?

Just wondered how old you were as if you were my age or older you would remember 82 and how close we come to not having a club through poor financial management.

I was not having a go.

Just wondered how old you were as if you were my age or older you would remember 82 and how close we come to not having a club through poor financial management.

I was not having a go.

I think the debt Lansdown wrote off more than proved that he's willing to suck up personal losses in his pursuit of his dream for the club. He knows full well the value of getting to the Premier League, if only for one season.

I think the debt Lansdown wrote off more than proved that he's willing to suck up personal losses in his pursuit of his dream for the club. He knows full well the value of getting to the Premier League, if only for one season.

I know this and dont see any reason why SL would drop us in it but I still can not get my head around us spending this sort of money. 

If we have to spend this kind of money just to survive and compete in the Championship, do BCFC as it presently stands belong here? How have the likes of Brentford and Rotherham managed to stay up without spending vast sums? That is more of a concern for me regarding the long term security of the club.

All strength to you Greener, I kind of agree with you.

I think the aim is higher than survival..

Total bollocks. Burnley and arguably bournemouth, despite their rich owner, didn't break the bank to get to the Prem.

Sorry, what is complete bollocks? That our chairman can compete financially? Or that some teams get lucky? Bournemouth also had one of the highest wage bills in the league last year. In general teams that spend the money are at the top. It's not rocket science and so therefore is not complete bollocks thanks.

Than spend this sort of money any player let alone one who has only had one good season. Even with Gayle I was wondering what the hell what going on and would not have been able to see it as good business.

We are a small club and if we are to live within our means in this division and that means we become a yo yo club between the Championship and League 1 then so be it.  Now I would say the same if SL decided that he wanted to blow a chunk of his cash and but several quality players and go for it but this is not even that by the looks of it. This is a case of spending this sort of cash just to tread water This is desperation and as fans we have to be careful.  Remember Luton, Pompey etc who spent beyond their CLUBS means and what has happened to them.

I know SL is loaded and if he wants to throw his money around then thats his call but the club BCFC have to be protected from this going wrong.

I know many of you will abuse me for this post but this is just wrong. If we had spent 9m on say 4/6 players from L1 and had built a whole squad I could have said fair enough but 9m on one player when we are still so bare........ Its wrong 

Don't believe all you read in the media.

I think I must have said that about 10 times and probably will say it a bunch more.

Archived