IGNORED

Its Obscene And I Would Rather Get Relegated

BS3_RED

Than spend this sort of money any player let alone one who has only had one good season. Even with Gayle I was wondering what the hell what going on and would not have been able to see it as good business.

We are a small club and if we are to live within our means in this division and that means we become a yo yo club between the Championship and League 1 then so be it.  Now I would say the same if SL decided that he wanted to blow a chunk of his cash and but several quality players and go for it but this is not even that by the looks of it. This is a case of spending this sort of cash just to tread water This is desperation and as fans we have to be careful.  Remember Luton, Pompey etc who spent beyond their CLUBS means and what has happened to them.

I know SL is loaded and if he wants to throw his money around then thats his call but the club BCFC have to be protected from this going wrong.

I know many of you will abuse me for this post but this is just wrong. If we had spent 9m on say 4/6 players from L1 and had built a whole squad I could have said fair enough but 9m on one player when we are still so bare........ Its wrong 

Totally agree with all your comments. This smacks of desperation. I,ve said it  before City & Lansdown will rue the day Cotterell was appointed. The bloke is so far up is own ass he'll bloody ruin this club. It will end in tears.

Because it is HIS money - not the clubs and if he gets run over by a number nine bus tomorrow.............

The number 9 bus doesn't go to Guernsey though.

Just enjoy the ride, this ones on Steve. ?

I'm not 100% sure he can do it DR.

I am pretty sure that there is a limit on what any benefactor can write off as a donation into any club in the Championship. This and FFP limitations (for what they're worth) tend to suggest we should be cautious. Is it any different to how Forest overspent a couple of years ago or how Leicester spent outrageous money (at the time) pre promotion?

I'm sure we have to keep within financial limits including how much SL can put in.

Stand to be corrected though!

I wouldn't say straight out I would rather we were relegated, but I hope that SL has taken a long, hard look at this and can justify it to himself.

I'm a little disappointed that we appear to have decided to chase the dream by throwing money at it and still say that the crash will come sooner or later. I just hope we are prepared for when that does happen. SL himself just being there ensures we are no doubt better placed to survive it than most.

hilarious!!! The 'royal we' . Its not our money its Steve lansdown's. Hes chasing the dream and we all should be with him

Totally agree with all your comments. This smacks of desperation. I,ve said it  before City & Lansdown will rue the day Cotterell was appointed. The bloke is so far up is own ass he'll bloody ruin this club. It will end in tears.

A gas head wouldn't know how to spell our manager's name, the same guy who led us to the first league title in 60years.

Key thing is that football is a team game, you can chuck as much cash at one or two individuals as you can afford, but it won't buy you a team, or a competitive squad. Risk is that one player does not save us, we go down and sell at a huge loss. Or that he picks up an injury. Or that he fails to settle. Or that we have a few injuries and our small squad is exposed.

The spend last summer was recouped from Baldock, and very wisely targeted at strengthening throughout the team. To me, we could do a lot better for the money and strengthen throughout the team. Times might have changed, but Terry Cooper showed what you could achieve with a very tight budget. Davidson/ Ward showed that buying quality (quantity?) strikers guarantees nothing. I obviously hope it does work, and we find the team players we need.

Than spend this sort of money any player let alone one who has only had one good season. Even with Gayle I was wondering what the hell what going on and would not have been able to see it as good business.

We are a small club and if we are to live within our means in this division and that means we become a yo yo club between the Championship and League 1 then so be it.  Now I would say the same if SL decided that he wanted to blow a chunk of his cash and but several quality players and go for it but this is not even that by the looks of it. This is a case of spending this sort of cash just to tread water This is desperation and as fans we have to be careful.  Remember Luton, Pompey etc who spent beyond their CLUBS means and what has happened to them.

I know SL is loaded and if he wants to throw his money around then thats his call but the club BCFC have to be protected from this going wrong.

I know many of you will abuse me for this post but this is just wrong. If we had spent 9m on say 4/6 players from L1 and had built a whole squad I could have said fair enough but 9m on one player when we are still so bare........ Its wrong 

Ok, contribution required.

First of all, you must be bored, insane or just trying to provoke a reaction (which worked) to put a post up saying that you'd rather the club you SUPPORT be relegated than to spend a large amout on a player.

Second of all your post contradicts itself throughout, your not sure if we should a) Spend the money at all, even on a higher quantity of players, then b) You'd be ok if we did spend it on 4/6 quality players.  Make your mind up.

Thirdly, your not even sure about what your saying is right yourself, because you already doubt it, stating that many people will 'abuse you'?

The club IS protected to some extend by the financial fair play restrictions. I'm not up to date on this myself and frankly don't care too much, but I believe we can't over spend when compared with our income.

Finally, Luton Town firstly went in administration when their long standing owner aged and became unwell and basically couldn't own the club anymore.  They went into admin with no buyer.  The second time where they were docked a total of 45 points over a few seasons, was down to a group buying the club and essentially money laundering the profits of players such as Curtis Davis, Leon Barnett, Steve Howard and Rohan Vine through to another owned business. They made millions from sales. Also behind the scenes deals done with agaents etc.....the club recieved hardly any of the profits and the owners took it for themselves.  This is not likely to happen with BCFC and SL considering what he has put into the club in the first place.

I certainly put my trust in SL rather than your view of it being 'wrong' and stand by my initial quote on your thread. Idiotic.

Archived