IGNORED

The Official Champions V Leeds United Match Day Thread

Assuming it's the usual 'Ian' who rings into Radio Bristol, then he's 'Bristol Boy', formerly of this parish.

He knows his stuff but very much fits the category of 'frustrated football manager'. I remember him saying on here years back that he would have got Danny Wilson's League 1 squad promoted if he was in charge.

Edited by Northern Red

To people who went to the game, how did we play overall? Obviously the stats show us dominating and caught on the break twice

Mate who was at the game said we were naive at times, especially leading to both Leeds goals. He said that Fredericks & Williams were at fault for the goals by giving the ball away (if that's correct or not) 

Such a shame we didn't convert one of those early chances in the first half. We'd have won for sure... 

To people who went to the game, how did we play overall? Obviously the stats show us dominating and caught on the break twice

Dominated the first half without really testing their keeper. Only chances we conceded were of our own making.

Overall performance was worthy of three points and it's not because of Leeds ability that we didn't get them. If we can cut out the silly defensive errors we can stop giving ourselves a mountain to climb.

Very much could and should have been all three points. On to Saturday now, a big test. Boro will be considerably more of a threat going forwards than Leeds were.

• Like 1

I couldn't see from the ss if it was a penalty but hammer seemed to rush out and then put his arms out for the player whether he dived or not but he s got to be a lot wiser .

The 2nd goal was us once again getting caught on the break and not blaming flint soley but he was he nowhere land. I can't but think he would be better suited with Someone alongside him ie in a back four rather then back 3 where we are so stretched .

We got a point because we went for broke and Leeds Sat back , Leeds weren't anything special . Also we need to cut out cross field balls to our wingbacks . Which we did mostly 2nd half.

Having said that if Kodjia took his first half chance in first few mins or made it 1-1 just before half time. Didn't have a bad game but had no service 2nd half .

Been to meet the new Girlfriends parents this evening, her Dad being a massive Leeds fan, even had it tattooed in his Lip didn't exactly give me the goodbye I was expecting coming into the 88th minute.

Kinnel...sounds like an episode of Jeremy Kyle...you sure you wanna be going out with a girl who's father has Leeds tattood on his lips? Did his knuckles drag too?

She maybe a lovely girl...but really? ;-) My mother always warned me against such types ;-) Just saying.... :-)

• Like 1

Dominated the first half without really testing their keeper. Only chances we conceded were of our own making.

Overall performance was worthy of three points and it's not because of Leeds ability that we didn't get them. If we can cut out the silly defensive errors we can stop giving ourselves a mountain to climb.

Very much could and should have been all three points. On to Saturday now, a big test. Boro will be considerably more of a threat going forwards than Leeds were.

we need players for sure, 3 or 4 coming in in the next 11,12 days.

But from the commentary it sounded like those div 4 standard players, [reid,burns] from coming on against a leeds team that had shut up shop at 2/0 up did pretty well.

Augers well for the future yes?

It's spelt Agard, and he is ready now based on this evening's cameo performance.

I'm not sure I entirely agree with this. I don't think we dominated at all. It was clear where we're lacking players. A central defender and someone that can hold the ball up in midfield are 2 must positions for me. It was an extremely satisfying point tonight and some players really stood up to the mark, but it looks like they are playing in a formation they aren't entirely comfortable with yet. I hope the manner in which we drew the game will kick start the season and the belief that the players need.

I'm not sure I entirely agree with this. I don't think we dominated at all. It was clear where we're lacking players. A central defender and someone that can hold the ball up in midfield are 2 must positions for me. It was an extremely satisfying point tonight and some players really stood up to the mark, but it looks like they are playing in a formation they aren't entirely comfortable with yet. I hope the manner in which we drew the game will kick start the season and the belief that the players need.

Assuming it's the usual 'Ian' who rings into Radio Bristol, then he's 'Bristol Boy', formerly of this parish.

He knows his stuff but very much fits the category of 'frustrated football manager'. I remember him saying on here years back that he would have got Danny Wilson's League 1 squad promoted if he was in charge.

Horace would have got that squad promoted. He'd have played Lita in the final.