IGNORED

Leeds Fans

Buckobcfc

So 13% of people who paid to attend, didn't? Seems massively high.

You don't see 2% empty seats in theatres or concerts when the show is sold out let alone 13%.

Not saying it's wrong just doesn't make sense to me. It's not like it's a fiver a ticket and you decide you can't be arsed and you'd rather stay home...

One senior and his hedgehog stricken down by man flu (and hog flu) :(

So 13% of people who paid to attend, didn't? Seems massively high.

You don't see 2% empty seats in theatres or concerts when the show is sold out let alone 13%.

Not saying it's wrong just doesn't make sense to me. It's not like it's a fiver a ticket and you decide you can't be arsed and you'd rather stay home...

Nearly all of those would have been ST holders though either on holiday or unable to make it. With the theatre you only buy a ticket for the one performance on a day you know you can make.

Nearly all of those would have been ST holders though either on holiday or unable to make it. With the theatre you only buy a ticket for the one performance on a day you know you can make.

Yeah I get that but still seems like an incredibly high proportion of unused season tickets. How many do we sell, 8k? Assuming 80% of the empty seats were STs that means 1 in 5 season ticket holders didn't go.

Maybe it's normal for football....just struck me as really high.

Best part was when they shut up after Agard scored, I could smell their fear from my seat in Dolman B block. Their faces after Flint scored were a picture, if I could've collected their tears I'd be mixing them in a Martini right now... :P

Cloudy water, no thanks.

As has been mentioned several times the first two games had a 14000 capacity as a bedding in period for the new stands. However every one of those was sold leaving 1800 unused last night.

Although last night the attendance was 14,700 +/- .. so we broke H & S rules then? 

Cloudy water, no thanks.

Although last night the attendance was 14,700 +/- .. so we broke H & S rules then?

You know what I meant, 14,000 ish.

My way of thinking is that, with kids ST being so cheap, parents may have bought their kids one but been reluctant to take them last night due to it being s night game, dirty Leeds or the bad weather all day. Coupled with it still being August and a lot on holiday, its maybe not so surprising.

I thought the segregation outside the Atyeo was very very poor. It could very easily have kicked off there. If me and my mate were 10 years younger then it would have.

Awful segregation and very lucky things didn't escalate wildly.

Totally agree with you on this one Harry. I know the away fans have to leave via one of the Ashton Road exits and the club have no legal right to keep them locked in, but walking out almost side by side the Atyeo home section is just a flashpoint waiting to happen. Cardiff would certainly be a different story.  :boxing:

Far better to let them exit alongside the Dolman leavers, much more mellow bunch!

Totally agree with you on this one Harry. I know the away fans have to leave via one of the Ashton Road exits and the club have no legal right to keep them locked in, but walking out almost side by side the Atyeo home section is just a flashpoint waiting to happen. Cardiff would certainly be a different story.  :boxing:

Far better to let them exit alongside the Dolman leavers, much more mellow bunch!

And, of course, there's the ten-minute time interval...

From the south stand they were really loud, especially 2nd half, don't think our lot sang much after the 2nd and they took advantage of that. Which is a shame because when they do they were a lot louder than leeds. What does the south stand sound like when we sing? sounds loud when you're in there but not sure how far it travels.

Totally agree - couldn't believe the Leeds fans walking out with City from the Ateyo - temp rail in between until you goypt to the road when it was a free for all

They (authorities) won't get away with that all season and were lucky tonight

In all fairness though, you aren't going to get much bother from the atyeo, if the said barrier was separating the Dolman or South Stand then it'd be going off every week.

Let's hope the cowards from Cardiff don't misbehave, they've got a history of having a pop at scarfers and family's and staying out of sight when it really matters.

Well done to the supporters in the Atyeo, trying to bring an atmosphere to what's been a bit of a "soulless" part of the ground since the open end departed. Flags on poles and that business isn't my thing but you have to commend the effort these lads and lasses put in, hats off.

From the south stand they were really loud, especially 2nd half, don't think our lot sang much after the 2nd and they took advantage of that. Which is a shame because when they do they were a lot louder than leeds. What does the south stand sound like when we sing? sounds loud when you're in there but not sure how far it travels.

One good thing about the design of the SS is that whenever the SS sings the dolman joins in as there's no echo or delay like there was before due to the continuity and acoustics. This makes it much louder.

In injury time the noise was terrific.. But at 0-2 down you could have heard a pin drop..

Would love to see a video of their faces when we equalised! Detest the sub human scum, always have.

Sub human scum??? Wow! Can we make a song up on that. Or a banner? A really big banner.

Guy singing about Galatasaray to the Leeds fans, a few of our fans didn't like it. He was clever enough to start throwing punches because a few had an opinion on the chant.

Embarrassing.

In fairness to them though they did all join in the applause for Kevin on 32 minutes whether they knew what it was for or not. We never at Sheff Wed.

Still 'sub human scum' then Kim?

They were extremely loud & have always been so. Some terrible songs though ie 'We are Leeds we are Leeds... ' yes we know that!!

And last season we had the endless" We are Bristol City we're top of the League" chant. Opp fans probably thought the same!

The gate was like a morgue at times last night, but for the noise coming from the Leeds fans. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but having the old Eastenders in that corner is clearly not working as far as atmosphere is concerned. Perhaps BS should ignore Cotts and switch the away fans back to the tunnel side.

Couldnt really hear to be honest, there were a couple of points when you could hear the SS. Think it will improve once the WIlliams is back

Archived