IGNORED

Leeds Fans

Buckobcfc

As my seat is as close as you can get to the away support in the Atyeo I can confirm that......

Apparently they were Leeds......... :(

They were quite loud at times but no louder than Brentford from my seat.

They were living in the past one minute (we are champions, champions of europe)

and being incredibly premature the next ( We're going up, you're going down)

I can also confirm that I have never seen a bunch of fans so totally stunned into silence and inactivity, they actually looked worried we might even score a winner.

And last season we had the endless" We are Bristol City we're top of the League" chant. Opp fans probably thought the same!

The gate was like a morgue at times last night, but for the noise coming from the Leeds fans. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but having the old Eastenders in that corner is clearly not working as far as atmosphere is concerned. Perhaps BS should ignore Cotts and switch the away fans back to the tunnel side.

There are some points when I question if the "old EastEnders" have actually been infiltrated by a lot of people that just want the cheapest seats and don't want to get involved in the atmosphere.

The SS seems loud and I think will become the Eastend again once the Williams people move back to the Williams and the EEers come back to the traditional home - the south of the stadium.

There are some points when I question if the "old EastEnders" have actually been infiltrated by a lot of people that just want the cheapest seats and don't want to get involved in the atmosphere.

The SS seems loud and I think will become the Eastend again once the Williams people move back to the Williams and the EEers come back to the traditional home - the south of the stadium.

Problem is for the EE atmosphere to work people need to be stood and for the area to be unreserved. BS have already said there will be NO standing in the SS due to the rake - apparently it's a couple of % too steep to allow it?! Also they are reluctant for it to be unreserved too.

I think sound doesn't carry well from that corner of the Atyeo, you can see they're singing but can't hear them well as sound escapes from the Williams gap.

I think lots of people wanting cheap seats have gone in that area (and possibly are the ones complaining about the flags!)

Whilst it's lovely to have an improved stadium, it's not been designed for our vocal support. Just about every other group has been catered to in the rebuild bar them which is a huge shame.

Problem is for the EE atmosphere to work people need to be stood and for the area to be unreserved. BS have already said there will be NO standing in the SS due to the rake - apparently it's a couple of % too steep to allow it?! Also they are reluctant for it to be unreserved too.

I think sound doesn't carry well from that corner of the Atyeo, you can see they're singing but can't hear them well as sound escapes from the Williams gap.

I think lots of people wanting cheap seats have gone in that area (and possibly are the ones complaining about the flags!)

Whilst it's lovely to have an improved stadium, it's not been designed for our vocal support. Just about every other group has been catered to in the rebuild bar them which is a huge shame.

So, of all the new and refurbished stadiums completed over the last decade, how have they catered for their "vocal" support differently or better than BCFC? Just interested.

So, of all the new and refurbished stadiums completed over the last decade, how have they catered for their "vocal" support differently or better than BCFC? Just interested.

Not many and that's a sad fact. The plans to redevelop Anfield or move to a new stadium (can't remember which) had a really interesting design for the Kop though.

Still don't get why the Atyeo has any reduction whatsoever in capacity for HS reasons. Get it for the new stands but the Atyeo hasn't changed  from last season.The away section last night was full to capacity whilst the City end had hundreds of empty seats in what is supposed to be our home end ! Hardly surprising that from the Dolman, the Leed fans sounded so much much louder than our "singing section" See no reason whatsoever why we can't put more seats at the Atyeo on sale for our fans  for every remaining home . Apart from the additional much needed revenue .we don't want away fans making more noise encouraging their team , we need every advantage we can this season to get behind the team and make AG a fortress.

And last season we had the endless" We are Bristol City we're top of the League" chant. Opp fans probably thought the same!

The gate was like a morgue at times last night, but for the noise coming from the Leeds fans. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but having the old Eastenders in that corner is clearly not working as far as atmosphere is concerned. Perhaps BS should ignore Cotts and switch the away fans back to the tunnel side.

Not really, it's just a case of waiting for the Williams to come up and in the mean time the Atyeo can still make their noise and if it doesn't carry other stands can make their own instead of relying on one area of the ground to bring the atmosphere.

Sad to see negative comments when a lot of people have worked hard to make this happen, I think it will be a success and there's been positive signs already.

Not really, it's just a case of waiting for the Williams to come up and in the mean time the Atyeo can still make their noise and if it doesn't carry other stands can make their own instead of relying on one area of the ground to bring the atmosphere.

Sad to see negative comments when a lot of people have worked hard to make this happen, I think it will be a success and there's been positive signs already.

I don't do negative comments about the development, I think its wonderful. However, adjustments to any ongoing scheme is quite normal and nobody should feel anything but justified if it fits with the wishes of the fans and doesn't unduly interfere with the development.

By the way I think its a huge delusion to think that anybody who chooses not to sit in the Atyeo is "relying" on them to create the atmosphere. As demonstrated last night, its the actual game that creates the atmosphere. The noise from all areas during the last six minutes was fantastic. I also noticed last night that many in the central areas of the south stand are ex East End and take little encouragement to stand when the excitement of the game merits it. The future massed, singing and most vociferous of support will be in the south stand I believe. 

Still don't get why the Atyeo has any reduction whatsoever in capacity for HS reasons. Get it for the new stands but the Atyeo hasn't changed  from last season.The away section last night was full to capacity whilst the City end had hundreds of empty seats in what is supposed to be our home end ! Hardly surprising that from the Dolman, the Leed fans sounded so much much louder than our "singing section" See no reason whatsoever why we can't put more seats at the Atyeo on sale for our fans  for every remaining home . Apart from the additional much needed revenue .we don't want away fans making more noise encouraging their team , we need every advantage we can this season to get behind the team and make AG a fortress.

I may be wrong and I'm sure that someone will correct me if I am. But I was under the impression that in order to have the Atyeo unreserved they were not allowed sell to full capacity. Whilst I'm sure the Leeds fans stood where ever they wanted, they will have all had designated seats on their tickets which technically they should of been sat in.

I may be wrong and I'm sure that someone will correct me if I am. But I was under the impression that in order to have the Atyeo unreserved they were not allowed sell to full capacity. Whilst I'm sure the Leeds fans stood where ever they wanted, they will have all had designated seats on their tickets which technically they should of been sat in.

As i said on another thread why is it that when the demand was there in sell out games every seat in the EE used to be sold? Has H&S changed or since then or what?

As i said on another thread why is it that when the demand was there in sell out games every seat in the EE used to be sold? Has H&S changed or since then or what?

I may be completely wrong, but I believe the Green Guide states that there should be up to a 10% reduction in such areas. Many clubs stick to the guide to stay on the side of caution.

As my seat is as close as you can get to the away support in the Atyeo I can confirm that......

Apparently they were Leeds......... :(

They were quite loud at times but no louder than Brentford from my seat.

They were living in the past one minute (we are champions, champions of europe)

and being incredibly premature the next ( We're going up, you're going down)

I can also confirm that I have never seen a bunch of fans so totally stunned into silence and inactivity, they actually looked worried we might even score a winner.

Splendid post and I agree 100%.

Take out the first ten mins and the bits after they'd scored and they were practically absent. Compare this to the noise they used to make years ago. Mind, if our club went from Champions League to Div 2 all because the chairman overspent on fish tanks, we'd go quiet and absent every once in a while.

Judging a fanbase, for me, on its singing isn't about the opening exchanges in a game or when you're bloody winning, it's about consistency, innovative songs, noise when the team's spluttering (not when their under pressure, it should be a shay given we sing then), out-singing the opposition when they're in full cry. The sheer inanity of 'We Are Leeds etc etc' defies words... Yeah, so what? What does that mean any more? Just reaffirmation that you're now yet another stupid club run and managed by a succession of idiots with mindless fools in attendance. Some of their song choices, as pointed out succinctly by Port Said Red, well... Dear oh dear. 'Is there a fire drill'? Really, that's what the mighty Leeds can come up with? Shame we didn't sing that back at 2-2.

That's all just me, I may be on me colin todd on this one, but Leeds were a disappointment on and off the pitch last night.

Thank ****.

Having been in the Wheelchair enclosure behind the Megastore last season, I often felt it was quiet in the ground. Couldn't believe that bit of corrugated tin blocked out the noise, but after watching back the likes of West Ham and Swindle on TV, I was surprised at how the ground sounded.

Now I'm in the SS, I can hear the noise level, and I think the atmosphere is cracking.

Archived