IGNORED

Naive Both On And Off The Pitch

Fat Cigar

Was interesting listening to the Leeds commentary last night. They noted that:

• We kept trying and failing to hit diagonal balls cross field
  • Our midfielders were slow to track back when defending
  • The stadium had vastly improved since their last visit - although a desk collapsed behind them!!

It was an absolute treat to listen to when the two late goals went in. :-)

They guy's voice when 6 minutes came up, 20 seconds after he'd predicted it would be 2, priceless!

Point taken. Acknowledged above. Think strikers probably get more scrutiny for the obvious reason that their contribution is easier to quantify.

I'm a big believer in giving players, especially strikers, plenty of time to settle in and find their feet. I don't think he's 100% fit either.

He looks very unpredictable on the ball too which is always interesting - I get the feeling he's going to be a player that will beat 3 players then slice it into row z!

Let's not forget that Championship football is new to most of Citys squad. From memory only Agard, Ayling and Wilbrahams have played there before. There might be others that I've overlooked but my point is that this level of football is new to most of them.

Korey Smith played for Norwich in the Championship and helped get them promoted

I lost interest when you started slating Kodjia. The guy has everything needed to be a success at this level. He's something of a rough diamond at the moment though and it's up to us as a club to train and support him.

I think Kodjia will come good, just needs a bit of time to bed in.He seemed to work hard last night and shows some good skill in around the box, but seemed to tire a bit later on in the first half. I'm sure his fitness will get better, and so will his goal scoring. The lad needs time.

I think Kodjia will come good, just needs a bit of time to bed in.He seemed to work hard last night and shows some good skill in around the box, but seemed to tire a bit later on in the first half. I'm sure his fitness will get better, and so will his goal scoring. The lad needs time.

Exactly. He's also not afraid to be bold with the ball. I loved when he scooped it over the leeds player's head and brought it down again first time. He's got a lot of potential about him, so let's get behind him.

last season we battered teams from the off, but now our 3-5-2 probably needs to be a bit more 5-3-2, and the two wing backs aren't tracking back nearly enough

I would suggest we look at 4-4-2 or even 4-4-1-1 with Kodjia up front, he's a skillfull lad.

We can't afford to go charging up field and get caught like we have been now in every game. we need to be more canny.

last night watching Pack hit endless cross field balls straight onto the head of their players was driving me nuts - it worryingly shows that perhaps we need a MF general with a bit more sense.

Happy to see Reid contribute, but he's got to do it consistantly now.

why doesn't wagstaff get a look in? surely if Little isn't fit, he'd be a better bet at RWB.

we are not going to get a full season out of wilbs, we really need cover for him - as we also do for the two wing backs.

I'm kind of glad Grey has said no (if true) but everyone is aware of how we were prepared to splash the cash, so expect inflated prices for anyone we look at.

Lots to ponder, lots of bumps in the road I'm sure, but we've got a way to go yet - dont panic!

I like Kodjia, but at the moment he looks like he only has 60 minutes in him if that. He looks exciting and raw, like Albert was. You never know what will happen when he has got the ball but he is always looking for it.

Joe looked really unmatch fit again. Maybe we rushed him back from injury. The constant diagonal balls were too predictable and easily dealt with.

I was shocked that Bobby & Wes who weren't even making our bench last season had a bit part in the salvage operation last night.

As I've written before, our misfortunes began with a very poor pre-season against weak opposition and a few unlucky minor injuries. We were at sea in Sheffield with a poorly organised defence (due to the pre-season shambles) and wasted chances up front. Next game, we're 2-1 up and Freeman commits suicide with his acrobatics which were totally unnecessary and inappropriate. The team becomes disorganised again and it's 3 points lost. Last night, it was Hamer who was booked in the previous game, who lost it by bringing down an Italian whose managed by a German. Need I say more; both nationalities are famous for their operatic performances!

We are not a poor team.

We are a naive team who need to learn how the game is played in this league.

We have spirit, we have talent as was shown eventually against Leeds.

Forget Gray, Gayle and the rest. Knuckle down, work on the training ground and let's get the best out of what we've got.

Archived