IGNORED

Pure Greed From Gray?

Tomo

From an inside source I've just heard the reason why Gray rejected us.

Personal terms had been agreed and he loved what the future looked like at Bristol City. Where it all went wrong was when we told him about the medical he had to undertake.

He drew the line at having his cough and drop with Tetbury, who wouldn't even warm his hands first!

I kind of thought that the issue maybe Gayle & Gray not wanting to live in or around Bristol, what with both being with London clubs but to move in or around Burnley!!

Sorry but moving to Bristol can't be an issue, Burnley is dump, so that can't be part of the reason!!

And obviously going back & forth from Bristol to London is a lot easier than Burnley to London.

I also can't believe that we're not willing to pay the wages as Lansdown is far from naive enough to not have a clue that if you're going to stump up the transfer fee, you'll have to pay decent wages too.

Which leaves me with the thought that it's just a case of getting that first one over the line to prove that we mean business & at the moment, no one wants to be that first one!!

I'd now start looking at either the foreign market or the premiership but for someone who's not had much first team experience, kind of as we did with Andy Cole all those years ago.

All this money talk is so stupid, the guy was offered two jobs, one paid more than the other, who in their right mind is going to say "you know what, I'll sell myself short and take the smaller pay packet just so I don't piss off some people I've never met...."

The guy made his decision, let it go. I'm much more interested in getting in a player who wants to be here than one who thinks they can do better.

We were 2 leagues apart last season so you'd expect our wage structures to be very different this season. Especially with their enormous Parachute payments. 

Hardly surprising that he jumped at the chance to talk to and sign for Burnley over us.

And to most Londoners we are!!

But as I pointed out, that can't be the issue when he's decided to go & live in or around Burnley!!

The trouble is, quite a few people have no idea what Bristol & the surrounding areas have to offer & rather than take a look (Gayle), they'd rather just turn us down.

You actually think that people are turning us down because they think Bristol is rubbish?

Come off it mate.

Take away the fact that I love Bristol City and I'd have chosen Burnley too.

My perception is that overall they have better players and a better chance of promotion. Not to mention pay bigger wages.

I take no offence here. I'm just excited at the prospect of who's next. The simple reality is that we probably won't know until they sign. And if we do know before they sign, we've learnt that agents playing games will probably mean it won't happen.

I genuinely think we have no reason to blame the club here. They're trying their very best.

Exciting times.

All this money talk is so stupid, the guy was offered two jobs, one paid more than the other, who in their right mind is going to say "you know what, I'll sell myself short and take the smaller pay packet just so I don't piss off some people I've never met...."

The guy made his decision, let it go. I'm much more interested in getting in a player who wants to be here than one who thinks they can do better.

I think it's more the "dissing" tweets .

My perception is that overall they have better players and a better chance of promotion. Not to mention pay bigger wages.

I take no offence here. I'm just excited at the prospect of who's next. The simple reality is that we probably won't know until they sign. And if we do know before they sign, we've learnt that agents playing games will probably mean it won't happen.

I genuinely think we have no reason to blame the club here. They're trying their very best.

Exciting times.

I agree.

When we sign some one I doubt it'll be in the news before it happens and I think after one signs a few will follow.  Whether that be this week or on deadline day, the way we have gone about business can be questioned at the moment but not seriously questioned until the window closes.

I've still got faith in the management that signed the players that got us promoted last season to sign us enough quality this season to be able to compete.

Damn those greedy footballers and agents (who incidentally, personally I think are a pain, but when you've got footballers who probably couldn't figure their way out of a brown paper bag, just maybe do fulfil a purpose?). 

I mean, after all, why could you possibly want to maximise your worth?

Damn those greedy footballers and agents (who incidentally, personally I think are a pain, but when you've got footballers who probably couldn't figure their way out of a brown paper bag, just maybe do fulfil a purpose?). 

I mean, after all, why could you possibly want to maximise your worth?

....and I suspect we were hated last season when we sold the delights of our club and our wage structure to the likes of Freeman, Smith, Agard etc.

This is the bubble of football where logic, reason, etc goes out of the (transfer!!!) window!

You actually think that people are turning us down because they think Bristol is rubbish?

Come off it mate.

Not because Bristol is rubbish but where we are situated geographically & because of the lack of things that Bristol has to offer (to the uneducated)

It happens believe me, the same as players have turned down moves to clubs up north because their missus wants to live in London because of what it has to offer!!

The whole package, shopping, nightlife, entertainment, the list goes on!!

It's not all about just the football.

Exciting times.

Completely this. Can't blame either of them for wanting to play for the best team they can amd I'm sorry but if anyone takes of their City hat for a second and puts themselves in Gayle's or Gray's shoes, if they were told there are Prem teams or bigger Championship teams interested, they'd be stupid not to consider that the better option. There's even a bit of me that thinks for that reason the Gayle deal could be resurrected if no-one else has come in for him by deadline day. 10 days ago he wanted to wait and see if a better option came up and who can blame him. But if nothing else does, surely first team football for us is better than rotting in the reserves.

Not because Bristol is rubbish but where we are situated geographically & because of the lack of things that Bristol has to offer (to the uneducated)

It happens believe me, the same as players have turned down moves to clubs up north because their missus wants to live in London because of what it has to offer!!

The whole package, shopping, nightlife, entertainment, the list goes on!!

It's not all about just the football.

Well I don't believe you. Two hours from London.

The way you are writing you'd think that any club outside of London never signs any players.

Gray has gone to Burnley, proving your point to be incorrect.

It's not just the payrise tho, it's also the better club and the better chance of reaching the Premiership. Honestly don't get the bitterness on here. It is what it is and sooner or later, Cotts will find a good striker who doesn't have an agent who thinks he can find his player a better deal at a better club and we'll all be happy. As I said earlier, who knows, it could still be Gayle amd I'd be happy with that. Unlikely tho I know.

Well I don't believe you. Two hours from London.

The way you are writing you'd think that any club outside of London never signs any players.

Gray has gone to Burnley, proving your point to be incorrect.

Don't believe me then, it's no skin off my nose!!

But players don't just have themselves to think of!!

It happens, players have a life outside of football.

I've known players & coaches for that matter who never even knew where Bristol was on a map & even been asked "isn't that a pain in the arse to have to cross that bridge every time you want to come to England"?

And this gentleman was in his late 50's!!

People are ignorant, you only have to look at Gayle, who didn't even come to Bristol!!

And yes, he's probably been to Bristol before but he'd have no interest in living here because of ignorance as much as anything else!!

Don't believe me then, it's no skin off my nose!!

But players don't just have themselves to think of!!

It happens, players have a life outside of football.

I've known players & coaches for that matter who never even knew where Bristol was on a map & even been asked "isn't that a pain in the arse to have to cross that bridge every time you want to come to England"?

And this gentleman was in his late 50's!!

People are ignorant, you only have to look at Gayle, who didn't even come to Bristol!!

And yes, he's probably been to Bristol before but he'd have no interest in living here because of ignorance as much as anything else!!

I disagree. I think the only reason he didn't even come was cos he believed/had been told by agent that bigger and better teams would now bid too and that would be preferable to him for his career.

Archived