IGNORED

Pure Greed From Gray?

Tomo

Either the Grsy or Gayle deal could be resurrected if they don't get the offers from other clubs they're expecting.

Their agents will want to secure new deals. Times on their side at the moment, but the nearer it gets to deadline dsy, the more twitchy they, and their agents, will get.

Either the Grsy or Gayle deal could be resurrected if they don't get the offers from other clubs they're expecting.

Their agents will want to secure new deals. Times on their side at the moment, but the nearer it gets to deadline dsy, the more twitchy they, and their agents, will get.

Do we want to be second/third/fourth choice?

As soon as I heard he turned us down its effectively his agent telling him that at the eleventh hour he's touted him to another ex premier club.

Hull won't play ball but Burnley might.

Always assuming that they meet Brentford's valuation.

He's had a sniff of the playoffs and beyond & in his opinion why on earth would he want to go back and start all over again & let's not forget that he's only had one season at this level.

He will go because his agent wants his slice and it's got nothing to do with liking or hating us

I'm surprised you can read anything on his timeline. It's all written in a sort of retarded wannabe American text speak. :nono:

Funny you should mention.

There's one tweet paying homage to one of his deceased friends stating something along the line of 'the trouble we used to get into back den'.

For trouble, I choose to read criminality.

The OP has clearly overestimated the draw of Bristol City. Next.

Ooh, I do hope one of our lads doesn't seriously injure him !

EDIT On that note, I remember a night game home to Carlisle (lost 4-1) Stan Bowles got a hat trick. Gordon Parr sat patiently on the bench until being called on very late in the game. Next thing we know Bowles is spark out in the centre circle !

Years later, chatting to said Parr, he remembered this and told me that when he came round GP whispered in his "shell-like"... " NO ONE takes the piss out of Bristol City!

A true professional was our Gordy, never got caught !   :shifty:

Ooh, I do hope one of our lads doesn't seriously injure him !

EDIT On that note, I remember a night game home to Carlisle (lost 4-1) Stan Bowles got a hat trick. Gordon Parr sat patiently on the bench until being called on very late in the game. Next thing we know Bowles is spark out in the centre circle !

Years later, chatting to said Parr, he remembered this and told me that when he came round GP whispered in his "shell-like"... " NO ONE takes the piss out of Bristol City!

A true professional was our Gordy, never got caught !   :shifty:

Gordon Parr was the number 4 in that hard defensive threesome with Jack Connor (5) and Gordon Low (6).

Tony Ford (2) and Alec Briggs (3) behind them were not too shy either.

True. I don't hate my job any more.

I had to leave our national broadcaster as I was in danger of strangling several "executives" higher up the food chain than me.

As has been said before,footballers have short careers and try to accumulate as much filthy lucre in as short a time as possible. If Gray thinks

another club offers the possibility of that AND a higher level of football then he'd be daft not to take it - or play the long game and hope it comes to him.

In the meantime, Brentford could find themselves with a Micky Naynard situation.

Gray will want to leave Brentford so his son doesn't pick up a Bristolian accent? I don't think that is likely.

I was listening to five lives football daily podcast the other day and Mane from Southampton is earning 55k a week. Couldn't believe that Southampton wpuld be paying that sort of money. Wasn't that long agothey was in League One.

Why wouldn't they be paying that sort of money? With the money you earn just from being in the Premier League, teams can afford it.

I was listening to five lives football daily podcast the other day and Mane from Southampton is earning 55k a week. Couldn't believe that Southampton wpuld be paying that sort of money. Wasn't that long agothey was in League One.

There are some crazy amounts of money being paid to players, very average players...not just in this Country either.

Shanghai Shenhua of China are allegedly paying Demba ba over 100k a week....remember him? Recently signed a 3 year deal with them.

You don't know why he turned down the move. So how is he greedy. He obviously wants to do as well as he can like any player in their short career. Maybe there was no relegation clause or minimum fee clause, or both in the contract. Also brentford are better than us so why go to us when a club like hull have shown interest. If he did go to us for more money then surely if any decision was based on 'greed', then that would be it.

Fair amount of reasoned arguments on here. Does make you wonder about why these two strikers have not agreed deals with us. We are not party to why but one or more of the reasons posted are probable cause i would say.

So we just have to say well done City for trying. Valient efforts. Keep trying but perhaps change the focus a bit. The obvious being.. Slightly Older prem player surplus to requirements, young up and coming in League 1 or SPL or overseas.

I am sure we will have at least 1 new signing before deadline day and then maybe prem loans. And it might all turn out as a blessing we missed these two targets.

Fair amount of reasoned arguments on here. Does make you wonder about why these two strikers have not agreed deals with us. We are not party to why but one or more of the reasons posted are probable cause i would say.

So we just have to say well done City for trying. Valient efforts. Keep trying but perhaps change the focus a bit. The obvious being.. Slightly Older prem player surplus to requirements, young up and coming in League 1 or SPL or overseas.

I am sure we will have at least 1 new signing before deadline day and then maybe prem loans. And it might all turn out as a blessing we missed these two targets.

I agree with you. I think we should be now looking for a good Centre Back and Central Midfielder primarily and then concentrate on a Striker after and if that means a loan striker, then so be it.

Nobody knows if it's about money,

City could well be saying, 'we're spending 9m on you and we want you to sign for 5 years'

The player might look at that and say 3 years is what I will sign and we say no deal, hence the couldn't agree terms,

Im not sure he would ha e travelled if we had no idea of his wage demands.

Funny you should mention.

There's one tweet paying homage to one of his deceased friends stating something along the line of 'the trouble we used to get into back den'.

For trouble, I choose to read criminality.

That's just pure stereotyping - how could you possibly make that connection. I mean yes he was once stabbed in the face outside a nightclub and yes he says he used to be in a street gang, but other than that?

Incidentally, I assume for once we don't have anyone on here claiming to be ITK "Crips" about this because that would be a complete contradiction in terms, real gang members don't talk, stop snitching and all that.

Well Burnley are in for him now so guess what .....we could face him again in a week

Only consolation here is the valuation was right since Burnely and Hull are/were prepared to bid the same.

Interestingly, should Gray pass his medical today and sign, he could be playing against Brentford tomorrow before playing against City again next week.

What a small world.

Archived