IGNORED

Pure Greed From Gray?

Tomo

If it was about money, he'd have signed. Would be on a bigger salary here, and all players get 10% of the transfer fee - a nice 800k for him.

Exactly this, we have a lot of agents on this forum who just assume everything, it's embarrassing....do people honestly think that if we offer 9m we don't have the wages to back it up, we are talking about Steve lansdown who is In the top 1000 richest people in the world, not ******* Del Boy, honestly this guy is one of the most astute business men in this country credit him with some know how

He may be a bit of both - for many people its not all about the wage.

Just this evening there was a thing on radio 5 about maths teachers and how many new maths graduates could earn more in financial services, but prefer the job satisfaction associated with being teachers.

True. I don't hate my job any more.

I had to leave our national broadcaster as I was in danger of strangling several "executives" higher up the food chain than me.

As has been said before,footballers have short careers and try to accumulate as much filthy lucre in as short a time as possible. If Gray thinks

another club offers the possibility of that AND a higher level of football then he'd be daft not to take it - or play the long game and hope it comes to him.

In the meantime, Brentford could find themselves with a Micky Naynard situation.

That old chestnut about footballers only having a short career so it being understandable that they want to earn a big wage doesn't wash with me. What a load of old piffle

Same. Why can't they do a "normal" job after their career. What makes them so special they can't become a bricky or a postman.

If I asked for horrendous wages in my job as I could only work in it til I was 45 (regarding my current career), they would laugh in my face.

That old chestnut about footballers only having a short career so it being understandable that they want to earn a big wage doesn't wash with me. What a load of old piffle

Well, not many play on to their 60s, AG. But if you ate alluding to the obscene amount of money sloshing about the game, then we'd all agree.

I'd imagine that we'd have offered him a fairly hefty wage and one that may have been acceptable.  It's easier to imagine that him and his agents wanted a release fee, whether it be non promotion, relegation or release clause that can be triggered by a team from a higher division etc and that's where the two sides couldn't agree.  In my imaginary world, that's what i'm hoping has been the stumbling block on both the Gray and Gayle negotiations.

I believe the children are our future

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier

Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

Lucy Bevan at the Year 7 end of year assembly. Sends shivers down my spine. And not in a good way.

Incidentally Mrs Fordy and I are Currently (not actually now) trying to secure our future children. Let's hope it all still works eh?

I wish people would put themselves in the position of the player, instead of judging with emotion and passion for one's own football Club.

Andre Gray may not wish to leave Brentford...his manager doesn't want him to leave either.

He's been given a new improved contract their recently as they wanted to keep him...and it doesn't run out until June 2017.

Bristol City rock up and make enquires...Brentford put a massive value on his head, one that is really taking the piss....and we except. :blink: They are astonished :o ...but the amount is too good to turn away....however much they rate him.

He doesn't want to move as he's settled, on good money and has two years left. Yet we make the massive offer...they'd be stupid to refuse.

It's like another Championship side coming in and offering us 9M for Luke Freeman.

We don't want to let him go...he may not want to go...but the offer would be too good to turn away. So we except....but Luke has another 2 years on his contract and his happy to stay here.

See where I'm coming from?

Yes, I except your hypothesis.

Lucy Bevan at the Year 7 end of year assembly. Sends shivers down my spine. And not in a good way.

Incidentally Mrs Fordy and I are Currently (not actually now) trying to secure our future children. Let's hope it all still works eh?

Too much info......it'll be in the Post tomorrow!!

Not greedy at all. In fact, if anything it shows the complete opposite! Would joining us be a good career move? If we take off out rose tinted specs then the answer is no. It would be very much a sideways step. Therefore the only reason to join us would be for the money!

He's holding out for a move to Hull which may or may not happen. That would be a step up football wise and may also equal more money but I don't think you could argue his decision is solely money orientated. Think about it from his point of view if you have the ability to put your City allegiance to the side for a moment.

Has anybody thought our form so far plus lack of exciting signings across the pitch has made his decision? I know where I would rather stay/be if I were him

Won't have helped - and dare I be brave enough to say it...

Didn't click with our. Manager or his vision or wasn't convinced by the sell of us as a club

Archived