IGNORED

Mods, How Many People Use/ Post On Otib?

B-Rizzle

Question for the Mods.... How many 'active' posters/ users/ readers are there accessing this forum? Do you have any data that you could share with us?

It would be interesting to get an idea of what proportion of fans actually have anything to do with OTIB. There seems to be a perception on here that the forum is really important and that every fan uses it or at least reads it. I'd expect it to be far less than people seem to think but would be interested to know figures either way.

Tomarse might be the man for this?

I think most people realise that a very small minority use the forum. I would guess at 2% of all city fans.

I don't think some on here do realise it's a small minority though. They're deluded and full of self importance.

As for your 2% estimation, i have no idea whether that would be right or not. That's why i'm interested to hear some actual figures from the mods.

• SC&T Board Members

There are over 13,000 registered users. Of course, not all of those will look at the forum every day/week. On the other hand, that figure doesn't include all those who just read the forum and are thus influenced by it, but have never registered.

The most users online at any one time was over 8,500.

So it does reach a large number of fans.

Question for the Mods.... How many 'active' posters/ users/ readers are there accessing this forum? Do you have any data that you could share with us?

It would be interesting to get an idea of what proportion of fans actually have anything to do with OTIB. There seems to be a perception on here that the forum is really important and that every fan uses it or at least reads it. I'd expect it to be far less than people seem to think but would be interested to know figures either way.

Tomarse might be the man for this?

Hardly any fans I know through following City have heard of otib.

As Red Dave posted my guess is also around 2%

There are over 13,000 registered users. Of course, not all of those will look at the forum every day/week. On the other hand, that figure doesn't include all those who just read the forum and are thus influenced by it, but have never registered.

The most users online at any one time was over 8,500.

So it does reach a large number of fans.

Thanks, that's interesting to know. I suppose it is pretty hard to work out how many of those registered users are active on here or how many un-registered but regular readers there are.

2% my ar*e.

Even if it's a minority you can safely extrapolate that it might be broadly representative, or that the key concerns of most fans might be raised here.

To suggest otherwise makes no sense.

Did you know when they calculate TV viewing figures they don't actually check with everyone who's watched what!

I'd say at least 10% of fans read it, maybe more.  Remember a lot probalby browse it without logging in or having an account.

Certainly more than 10% like to moan about it..

Not necessarily you OP but it feels like lots of people claim otib represents a minority to imply that views on otib are held by an extreme, wacko group of fans and should be dismissed as nonsense.

It wouldn't matter if 99% of City fans were active on here, the 1% would still claim we're a wacko group

The amount of hatred for this place is staggering. I used to read ziderheads from time to time, they'd slag this place off and call it ' t'other frequency', then post on here using the same names they use on there

As they might say on that site, what a bunch of sad *****

Not necessarily you OP but it feels like lots of people claim otib represents a minority to imply that views on otib are held by an extreme, wacko group of fans and should be dismissed as nonsense.

I don't think OTIB is full of just extremists but some views on here are. Lots of stuff on here comes across as overly dramatic too. Probably because people 'off load' on here in the heat of the moment after defeats or when things are going badly and might actually think differently when the dust has settled for example.

It might be an idea at the Burnley match for everyone who reads or posts on Otib to put their hand in the air on a given minute, say the fourth minute to represent the four letters in Otib. Then we will get an idea of how many percentage wise in a typical AG crowd read or post on here.

The good thing is, those who wouldn't have a clue why people around them are shooting up their hands for 60 secs between minutes 4 to 5, will then have to read otib to find out what it was all about.

Another good thing is, if someone has ordered a pasty to be delivered to their seat early in the game, when you shoot your hand up the pasty might be erroneously delivered to you. The only downer is it might be stone cold.

It might be an idea at the Burnley match for everyone who reads or posts on Otib to put their hand in the air on a given minute, say the fourth minute to represent the four letters in Otib. Then we will get an idea of how many percentage wise in a typical AG crowd read or post on here.

I can see it in the EP now:

"City fans in Ultra neo- nazi coordinated salute shocker".

I don't think OTIB is full of just extremists but some views on here are. Lots of stuff on here comes across as overly dramatic too. Probably because people 'off load' on here in the heat of the moment after defeats or when things are going badly and might actually think differently when the dust has settled for example.

But its not exclusive to here like a lot of 'hater's' like to make out. I've read some absolute guff about this place in the couple of weeks including one person claiming they've spent the last 18 months trying to get the place closed (not the club, incase anyone thinks that) and also people claiming they avoid the place and yet login 3-4 times a day anonomously.

I see just as many 'over reactions' on twitter and facebook as on here. On wednesday I saw people actually aim hate at Hamer directly to his twitter account.

As I said earlier elsewhere. OTIB is not unquie to any other club forum but somepeople seem to think it is. Even if this place closed, are people really naieve to think the conversation wouldn't go on elsewhere? When we closed TFF back in Feb of this year I'm fairly sure at least two other forums took its place.

My conclusion from this data is that a lot of people left the house and got some fresh air on August 5th.

That was the day the forum database was corrupted and I didn't get it back online till about 6pm..

I still stand by my initial observation that most of us got some fresh air that day, though now I know the reason why!

Wasn't that the day of the forum crash. A dark day where OTIB was unavailable for over 12 hours.

That was the day the forum database was corrupted and I didn't get it back online till about 6pm..

Archived