IGNORED

Mods, How Many People Use/ Post On Otib?

B-Rizzle

Not necessarily you OP but it feels like lots of people claim otib represents a minority to imply that views on otib are held by an extreme, wacko group of fans and should be dismissed as nonsense.

What otib does, regardless of what percentage of City fans actually use it is reflect the majority of the fan base.

That's why virtually all senior staff at City read it.

Like any forum, think it sometimes reflects the wider population but also sometimes is off track.

Also depends what you mean by % of City fans. I used it a lot more for the first few years I lived in London, then dropped off a bit when the kids were young, then since moving back to the West Country have started using more again - so can be deceiving.

I know some people who use the forum, some who just view it and others who don't know of its existence when I discuss it.

So probably the answer is somewhere in the middle, with occasional outliers each way.

In terms of influence, if it has helped the fans cause previously then that is positive. If people who don't use it slate it or don't like it, so what ... life is not a popularity contest, so why would forum users really care.

COYRs

I don't think OTIB is full of just extremists but some views on here are. Lots of stuff on here comes across as overly dramatic too. Probably because people 'off load' on here in the heat of the moment after defeats or when things are going badly and might actually think differently when the dust has settled for example.

Watching the appalling behaviour of some fans on weds it seems OTIB is no more extreme than Ashton Gate itself.

And going back to the point about people offloading here in the heat of the moment, how is this different to talk in the pubs after a defeat and poor performance?

It's interesting to speculate on what percentage of fans who regularly attend matches regularly use the forum, but impossible to quantify. Everyone will have different perceptions. Of the 10-12 people I see before, during, or after a match, only 1 uses the forum. Others will have 100% of their City acquaintances who use the forum. Are there any maths experts out there who can knock up a good formula to calculate the true percentage? I can't, but in case anyone's planning a wedding, here is a useful formula to determine how many guests will accept a reception invitation:

# of guests invited x .66 x 1.15 = Total approximate # of guests who will attend

Example: 300 guests invited x .66 x 1.15 = 228 guests attending

I think it was Tom that once told me It's the 3rd busiest site in Bristol, behind the evil post, and the BCFC website.

Oh come on Dolls, the 15ers official site must be way out in front, with more users than any other website based in the U.K. !

They have billions of fans, the whole world loves them, soon they will overtake us, they are on their way to the Champions League, etc.. etc..

Ok so I take it total number of users is represented by idividual IP addresses visitng the site:

Over that period of time on average 7.2 sessions were logged per user/roughly 20'000 sessions a day = 2777 individual users per day.

Quite a few facts can skew this number, ie: by other teams fans visiting and logging one session vs some people logging several and some people only using the forum 1 - 2 times a week versus those who use it daily ect but I think its active alot more than some realise especially those who say its only a tiny minority  and use/visit this forum.

It's an exact science.

product.png

What a shocking thought.. probably fairly accurate!! 

EP headline:-

'OTIB pushes Bristol into Recession'

Great stats Tomarse! Is there a graph to show the percentage of moaning posts?  :laughcont:

That would indeed be fun.

So we are talking about 20,000 page clicks per day? Impressive.. in fact downright unbelievable.

I don't think there is any way of accurately estimating the number of City fans on here as anybody could come on to the site. 

Probably fair to say members are overwhelmingly City supporters and guests the opposite ?

On this thread right now we have 8 fans and 2 Brentford fans avin a laugh.

Probably fair to say members are overwhelmingly City supporters and guests the opposite ?

On this thread right now we have 8 fans and 2 Brentford fans avin a laugh.

But there's been several times I've just come on to the page to see what's going on and not bothered to log in. Don't know how many other people do the same, but I know my dad does!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users

Thought it felt a bit lonely in here :(

Never sure how that works - I generally access the site from my IPhone or IPad and every time I open the page I'm already showing at the bottom as 'reading this topic'. Does this mean that unless I close the webpage (don't always do this) that I continue to 'read this topic' even if I'm not?

Pick the bones out of this if you like..

anal.pngBy the looks of it, the area under the main graph is the total number of sessions. If the main graph can be change to 'Uses' rather than 'Sessions', then might give a clue on 'Users'. Can you do this Tomarse?

Question for the Mods.... How many 'active' posters/ users/ readers are there accessing this forum? Do you have any data that you could share with us?

It would be interesting to get an idea of what proportion of fans actually have anything to do with OTIB. There seems to be a perception on here that the forum is really important and that every fan uses it or at least reads it. I'd expect it to be far less than people seem to think but would be interested to know figures either way.

Tomarse might be the man for this?

Using the tools available to all members: Members (tab) > filter after 22nd August 2015 (so today)

Today, between 00:00 and 13:10, 164 forum members have posted a comment.

If you do this at the end of the day, you'll get an idea of how many on the forum post on a match day.

I think that should give you an idea of fans actually have anything to do with OTIB

Caveats:

This assumes that no person has more than one userid i.e. the sad idiots who create more than one profile when trying to drum up support for their own ideas.

Archived