IGNORED

Sean Dyche

glastonred

Crap player for us. Don't think he was that bad everywhere he went.

Think it was the goal at home to WBA that stands out the most, stumbling over the ball after stopping one on the line...

In fairness to him Julian Watts was just as bad.

Interesting comments about people wanting him to be our manager one day. Certainly speaks a good game and has the media on his side however his win percentage as a manager is 36.11% where as Cotterill has 42.32% and when he was announced nobody was happy.

His honours: None (unless you count finishing 2nd being an honour)

Cotterill (before joining us): Conference, League Two and the FA Trophy.

I think that Dyche is a good bloke, but up to now he's not proven anything to us as a manager, in my opinion.

ALSO before people start spouting rubbish like "he was managing in the Prem for a season" yes, for a season. Let me remind you of a certain Blackpool and Ian Holloway - his Blackpool side reached 39 points and were relegated. Holloway is a shite manager as he has proven recently and Dyche's side only made 33 points.

I'm not convinced, I don't see the hype.

He was a very good player for Chesterfield but generally crap for us, was never fully fit and did make glaring mistakes, should have got on with it like our man Flint to be honest, nice bloke though.

Agree there, but still think he tried admirably given his fitness problems.

Unfortunately, and this is easy with hindsight, he would have been better served had he said, 'Sorry, I can't play for a few weeks'.

Interesting comments about people wanting him to be our manager one day. Certainly speaks a good game and has the media on his side however his win percentage as a manager is 36.11% where as Cotterill has 42.32% and when he was announced nobody was happy.

His honours: None (unless you count finishing 2nd being an honour)

I think that Dyche is a good bloke, but up to now he's not proven anything to us as a manager, in my opinion.

ALSO before people start spouting rubbish like "he was managing in the Prem for a season" yes, for a season. Let me remind you of a certain Blackpool and Ian Holloway - his Blackpool side reached 39 points and were relegated. Holloway is a shite manager as he has proven recently and Dyche's side only made 33 points.

Win percentages are a pointless stat. Cotterill's would be far lower if he managed in the prem for a season.

Remember 1st game of the season v oxford 98/99 score was 2-2, i think he was at fault for both goals playing them onside and seemed to blame the rest of the team.

Met him once in the players bar and he came across very well, had lots of time to speak to the fans.

Interesting comments about people wanting him to be our manager one day. Certainly speaks a good game and has the media on his side however his win percentage as a manager is 36.11% where as Cotterill has 42.32% and when he was announced nobody was happy.

His honours: None (unless you count finishing 2nd being an honour)

Finishing 2nd in the Championship is an achievement we can only dream of.

Win percentages mean nothing if you have spent majority of your career in Leagues 1 & 2.

Burnley were always going to struggle last season regardless who was in charge of them.

He was crap , he was awful .

He wasn't great for us, but proved himself to be a really good defender everywhere else he played.

Tried playing before he was fully fit and never recovered from the bad start.

Sometimes a player just doesn't work at a club despite being a success elsewhere.

As others have mentioned, he came back too early from injury to play. He was rushed back to compensate for the loss of the influential Shaun Taylor, he had filled a similar role for Chesterfield in their magnificent cup run. He was never fully fit for City and his below par performances reflected that.

The fact he was managerial material is reflected in the fact he was made our club captain. He is a better cook than SC however, coz Andre Gray felt compelled to sign for him after he had cooked a meal for the striker.

The main problem when he played for us was he wasn't Shaun Taylor, In fact he was his replacement while Taylor recovered from injury.

That alone meant he was on to a loser but I also think he had to play despite not being fully fit and was left wanting for pace against some pacey Championship attacks.

For those too young to remember, Shaun Taylor, who Dyche replaced for about 5 months, was the best centre back I've seen play for City. Certainly up there with Norman Hunter. Even the most awkward hard fought header would always find a red shirt and was more prolific in front of goal than Hunter.

Another good season for Flint could see him up there with those two, especially if he gets into double figures goals wise.

Great, now look at the bottom of the post. I know you spout a lot of shite mate, but read a post fully before commenting.[/quote

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Just who is spouting shite here?

Getting a small club into the Prem is a big achievement, whoever does it.

Making an issue of the results in the Prem thereafter is disingenuous. Dyche is an achiever.

Crap player , seems a good bloke and a decent manager though .

He wasn't crap at all.

He was an average defender and League 1 was about his level. Unfortunately he had a serious back injury whilst at City and that inhibited him. Shame because he trained really hard to recover but to no avail. It was obvious though that he was a leader on the pitch.

I saw him training alone on the AG pitch and I felt for the guy. Top bloke.

Archived