IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

On 04/05/2024 at 16:23, Porto Red said:

Same, should be worth the (extra) wait though 

I wonder if we'll ever see it now mate, Artur has ruptured the meniscus in his knee. It's at least 9/12 months out and his body was already breaking down- he's had several serious injuries in the past too. He'll be the wrong side of 40 even if he does recover and may never hit the same given the torque of the knee required to generate power.

Good little fight that, but surely Akui has won by a mile. He has a fantastic jab.

13 hours ago, Stortz said:

I wonder if we'll ever see it now mate, Artur has ruptured the meniscus in his knee. It's at least 9/12 months out and his body was already breaking down- he's had several serious injuries in the past too. He'll be the wrong side of 40 even if he does recover and may never hit the same given the torque of the knee required to generate power.

Good little fight that, but surely Akui has won by a mile. He has a fantastic jab.

Didn't know that, makes a mockery of the announcement that it's to be rescheduled for later in the year but I'll happily take your word for it over that of the promoters, for obvious reasons. Having said that, Beterbiev is clearly some kind of machine so maybe a spot weld and an upgrade 

Inoue though, I could only catch the highlights but I've been following him for a while, what a privilege to watch 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Doesnt need to

He is the champ 

If you want to win his belts Get over there and take them

There's talk of him fighting on the Joshua Riyadh Season card at Wembley in September.

Turki Alalshikh has offered him £10m according to Michael Benson.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If anything sums up that they are genuinely very concerned about losing this one, it’s that. 

They are proper rattled. 

Not sure Pete, think he’s genuinely just a nutcase

• Like 2

That is the shittest attempted headbutt I've ever seen hahaha. He cut his own head on his shoulder.

The guy he was trying to nail looks about 9 stone ffs. John must still be on the base, the big dopey bullying arsehole.

Clearer angle here:

At least John didn't try his signature move and pull his eye out I suppose, small mercies.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Does anyone actually want Fury to win?

Nope, not me, fed up with all of the Furys antics and monosyllabic schoolboy insulting of opponents, hope Usyk dismantles Fury piece by piece. I can't see it but hoping anyway. 

• Like 1

I can't stop watching it, he bellows on like a demented cow, seeks out the smallest kid in the room, launches the pathetic nut which doesn't trouble his teenage victim at all, then runs away bleeding.

Some of Usyk's entourage have probably been fighting Russians for 2 years ffs John, your hardman act won't wash with them.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

I can't stop watching it, he bellows on like a demented cow, seeks out the smallest kid in the room, launches the pathetic nut which doesn't trouble his teenage victim at all, then runs away bleeding.

Some of Usyk's entourage have probably been fighting Russians for 2 years ffs John, your hardman act won't wash with them.

Embarrassing behaviour. I'd be mortified if my auld fella carried on like that. The guy he tries to headbutt is about half his size ffs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Embarrassing behaviour. I'd be mortified if my auld fella carried on like that. The guy he tries to headbutt is about half his size ffs.

And "Big Bad John" looking worriedly over his shoulder as he runs away from the tiny man :laugh:

• Haha 1

• Admin
19 hours ago, Stortz said:

That is the shittest attempted headbutt I've ever seen hahaha. He cut his own head on his shoulder.

The guy he was trying to nail looks about 9 stone ffs. John must still be on the base, the big dopey bullying arsehole.

Clearer angle here:

At least John didn't try his signature move and pull his eye out I suppose, small mercies.

He didn't connect with the shoulder, he connected with his head

You can see it here

1 hour ago, phantom said:

He didn't connect with the shoulder, he connected with his head

You can see it here

Yeah, Benson's first video looked like he'd missed altogether.

John still came off a load worse after attacking the smallest bloke in the room with a sucker nut though, didn't he.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, phantom said:

Usyk has raised concerns about the canvass in the ring and especially the way the segments have been sewn together

Just saw the seams they're complaining about on Sky Sports News, they're less than a millimeter proud.

Think it's just some mind games from Usyk's team tbh.

Edited by Stortz