IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Just now, Porto Red said:

Cool calm and collected performance from AJ, as the commentators said, he looked like the old AJ from when he was on the title trail first time around. But does he beat Parker tonight, does he beat Dubois? The overall quality in the top division is at something of a low.

He has sparred and beaten him twice in amateur,the old AJ :laugh: bully fem x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

One round in two years caught up with him ..

I don’t think it’s even that,the bloke has been a swinger from day dot,Fury gave him some sort of respect on his name because he kept getting caught but before that we all knew he was just a swing and hope merchant and has been proven the minute he fights someone who doesn’t stand there willingly getting hit

• Haha 1

On 26/12/2023 at 23:38, Porto Red said:

Only just caught up on this and watched the highlights, Inoue is a great fighter . Anyone know what the big announcement he was talking about is?

I think it was that he's fighting the Mexican Luis Nery next. Nery is a hate figure in Japanese boxing, so they're all desperate for Inoue to batter him!

He pissed hot when absolutely nuking Shinsuke Yamanaka in Tokyo, then came in massively overweight when ordered to rematch him. Yamananka is a hero over there and they're furious with Nery's cheating and disrespect.

It'll have to be in the States though, Nery is banned from fighting in Japan forever!

https://www.ringtv.com/530936-japan-boxing-commission-bans-luis-nery-life/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I think it was that he's fighting the Mexican Luis Nery next. Nery is a hate figure in Japanese boxing, so they're all desperate for Inoue to batter him!

He pissed hot when absolutely nuking Shinsuke Yamanaka in Tokyo, then came in massively overweight when ordered to rematch him. Yamananka is a hero over there and they're furious with Nery's cheating and disrespect.

It'll have to be in the States though, Nery is banned from fighting in Japan forever!

https://www.ringtv.com/530936-japan-boxing-commission-bans-luis-nery-life/

Ok, thanks Stortz, interesting history, I'll keep an eye on that from now.

3 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

No wonder Hearn wasn't giving Fury too much sh1t for the Neagranu fight, he's next for AJ ...

Yeah, incredible these Saudi weirdos have such a mega hard on for Ngannou.

I thought AJ still had a bit of ambition tbh. Here's what he's happy with now for all of us to see.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stortz said:

I thought AJ still had a bit of ambition tbh. Here's what he's happy with now for all of us to see.

I can see why he’s done it. If he takes Ngannou seriously he should be able to outbox him, making him look better than Fury who got sat down by Francis.

I think if Ngannou lands that big punch as he did to Fury, Joshua doesn’t get back up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stortz said:

Disappointed it's happening but not sure AJ had too many other realstic places to go with Fury playing silly buggers and Wilder off the back of a bad defeat?

Also, at least Ngannou has some credibility after the Fury fight. 

But yeah, in an ideal world I'd still rather it wasn't happening. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Disappointed it's happening but not sure AJ had too many other realstic places to go with Fury playing silly buggers and Wilder off the back of a bad defeat?

Also, at least Ngannou has some credibility after the Fury fight. 

But yeah, in an ideal world I'd still rather it wasn't happening. 

It's totally pointless beyond sportwashing for the Saudis and AJ and Eddie's bank balances.

Hrgovic for the IBF title after Fury or Usyk is stripped in February would be far more credible (and set up a fight with the Fury/ Usyk winner down the line), but the ones spaffing the money have no real interest in or respect for the sport. They'd far rather these eye catching freakshows.

This will be terrible to watch too, they'll clinch all night. You're right, Ngannou has a modicum of boxing ability- but if this fight was in my back garden, I wouldn't be arsed enough to open the curtains.

7 hours ago, KegCity said:

I can see why he’s done it. If he takes Ngannou seriously he should be able to outbox him, making him look better than Fury who got sat down by Francis.

I think if Ngannou lands that big punch as he did to Fury, Joshua doesn’t get back up.

I like Ngannou, his story is incredible- but I only want to watch boxers fighting boxers, I have zero interest in this crossover shit.

It's no better than influencer boxing imo, the Saudis are just as desperate for the attention as those wankbags.

Edited by Stortz

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

It's totally pointless beyond sportwashing for the Saudis and AJ and Eddie's bank balances.

Hrgovic for the IBF title after Fury or Usyk is stripped in February would be far more credible (and set up a fight with the Fury/ Usyk winner down the line), but the ones spaffing the money have no real interest in or respect for the sport.

Not sure about that.  Hrgovic was bloody awful (and lost) against Zhang last time I saw him. 

Guess for AJ/Hearn the difference in payday must be night and day. Sad, but kinda inevitable given the direction of the sport.

I still blame Fury the most for starting the trend by ducking Usyk and AJ and fighting bums

Say what you will about AJ, but at least he’s extremely active. Thats all fans want, at the end of the day. What’ll that be, 3 fights in 9 months? 

Fury ‘the greatest ever’ lucky to get one fight a year out of. 

If you could bet on it, I’d be lumping on him to pull out of the Usyk fight too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not sure about that.  Hrgovic was bloody awful (and lost) against Zhang last time I saw him. 

Guess for AJ/Hearn the difference in payday must be night and day. Sad, but kinda inevitable given the direction of the sport.

I still blame Fury the most for starting the trend by ducking Usyk and AJ and fighting bums

I totally agree that he was awful v Zhang- he stank the place out. I don't rate him at all. However, he's fighting for a world title next while AJ will be in an (admittedly incredibly lucrative!) glorified exhibition fight.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Say what you will about AJ, but at least he’s extremely active. Thats all fans want, at the end of the day. What’ll that be, 3 fights in 9 months? 

If you could bet on it, I’d be lumping on him to pull out of the Usyk fight too. 

Why would he pull out? If he boxes to his full ability he wins inside 12 rounds. 

21 minutes ago, Ziderarmy said:

Why would he pull out? If he boxes to his full ability he wins inside 12 rounds. 

Boxing to his full ability looks problematic at the moment given his lifestyle choices.

Why has he boxed Whyte, Chisora and an MMA bloke in his last three fights when Usyk and AJ are out there? 

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Boxing to his full ability looks problematic at the moment given his lifestyle choices.

Why has he boxed Whyte, Chisora and an MMA bloke in his last three fights when Usyk and AJ are out there? 

Top ranked contender for the WBC belt, cause AJ fight fell apart and for lots of Saudi money I assume. 

8 hours ago, petehinton said:

He’s only fought wilder who we know is a swing merchant (said that from day dot) and then the chisora and his ilk,he will be picked off to easily by Usyk

8 hours ago, petehinton said:

Wouldn’t surprise me,I hope the drug testing is tight as well 😉

AJ fights everyone. And he's rebuidling his confidence.

He can be given a pass for this fight - he's not had any easy fights really.

Plus Ngannou has now gone 10 rounds with arguably the best boxer on the planet.

Fury on the other hand has been taking easy fights.

Fought Chisora after giving him two beatings previously, same with Wilder.

Its not the same

• Like 1