IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

10 minutes ago, yardy said:

Yea that sounds better, did you hear Kal Yafai ring walk rapping? was worse than embarrassing 

This Kal fight has started well, his opponent reminds me of Paquaio's style

I switched it on and the rapper was in the ring,fight any good ?I'm watching the Warrington fight and he's throwing some cracking combos but has no power

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I switched it on and the rapper was in the ring,fight any good ?I'm watching the Warrington fight and he's throwing some cracking combos but has no power

Yeah, Warrington is the better of the two fights, entertaining stuff. The lump on Martinez's head! Yafai has his hands full with the Japanese guy on Sky

Edited by Stortz

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Yea this fight is decent, i am really impressed with the asian guy, Kal has chucked everything at him and he comes back for more,

he hops round the ring and always comes forward, incredible how tough this guy is

If they judge fights on heart, courage and will power Muranaka would of won hands down. Incredible performance.

Kal expected to get him out of there early and tbf he nearly did, they just didn't take into consideration that Muranaka was made out of steel!

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

When is quigg going to get back in the big time,he's due a title fight soon again

His fight against Viorel Simion on the AJ Klitschko undercard was an eliminator with a view to fighting Selby next if his mandatory Barros can't prove his health.

• Like 1

Sam Eggington does the basics well but is one dimensional and isn't entertaining (a 36yr old Malignaggi was beating him on the cards before the KO) but take my hat off to the guy, went into the gym with the ambition of becoming a journeyman, now look how well he's doing.

As for Martinez, loads of time for the bloke. Spanish warrior, but fair play Warrington. Can't see him being better than Commonwealth/European level at best though.

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

How long are they taking with Fury's hearing..

To set a date for a new hearing do you mean? Last week's was stopped on Friday due to a potential conflict of interest on UKAD's panel, all very strange.

@SARJ Barry Hearn loves Eggington, inexplicably- I mean he's decent, but that's about it. Barry claims to see a potential Froch in him apparently.

Edited by Stortz

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

I saw it stopped on Thursday but was due to resume again fairly quickly and that Fury was still in London waiting for it to continue. Warren was chatting crap saying he couldn't understand why it'd even got this far. Seems to forget the failure to provide a sample part of the hearing..

Warren chatting crap,I'm not having that :P

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Floyd being funny for a change https://youtu.be/eYhCLy9pIxE

Haha, check out his diamond encrusted dog tags ffs!

There was a good documentary behind the scenes of the lead up to and first fight between Frampton and LSC on BBC Nothern Ireland last night, well worth a watch:

Edited by Stortz

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

This is bizarre

How can they get it this badly wrong? Davis has looked great up until now but this is so unprofessional. Walsh will be delighted.

This will help Liam no doubt but i don't think its enough to stop him getting a beating, shame really as it would be good to knock the smile off Mayweathers face.

Watched the press conference from a day or two ago and he spent most of the time talking about himself and not his fighter, arse of a human being....

11 hours ago, yardy said:

This will help Liam no doubt but i don't think its enough to stop him getting a beating, shame really as it would be good to knock the smile off Mayweathers face.

Watched the press conference from a day or two ago and he spent most of the time talking about himself and not his fighter, arse of a human being....

Yeah don't get me wrong, I still don't give Walsh much of a chance, I'm just amazed by the level of either ineptitude or arrogance to eff the weight up so badly.

Mayweather is undoubtedly one of the planet's leading arseholes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

Yeah don't get me wrong, I still don't give Walsh much of a chance, I'm just amazed by the level of either ineptitude or arrogance to eff the weight up so badly.

Mayweather is undoubtedly one of the planet's leading arseholes.

Agree, Walsh definitely has his work cut-out for him but, McClellen and  Lacey came over as massive favourites and came unstuck, GM tragically so...