IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

• Admin
8 hours ago, Tomarse said:

£££££

He's claiming it's not money, he's found god now and is taking a chaplaincy course, but wants it as closure.  Collins has said it's for the money, he wants to buy more land for his horses - refreshing honesty.  I'm sure I heard on R5 today that Eubank was approached, but he turned it down.

On 29/06/2017 at 12:58, Stortz said:

Ffs. Leave it alone Nigel please.

He's my favourite British boxer ever, I was delighted he never came back after the amount of times he went to hell and back in the ring. Wtf is the point of this?

My favourite boxer too, its never good or even entertaining when legends come back after years out.

Saying that, i would love to see Nigel beat Eubank one day :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

They have always properly hated each other haha

Ha i remember this, they did truly hate each other and i hated Eubanks.

Boxing was great back in those days, big fights like this on prime time tv and me out on the lash with the lads....ahh the memories

I get that Matchroom has signed a load of youngsters/amateurs, who a lot of seem to have the potential to be world champs, that's logical, invest for the future etc. They also need outings, some breaking in, a few journeymen, English title level fights etc. The giant problem is when you make an entire card of them and book the O2 for it. Hearn has a load of undercard fights now with this bunch but a card needs to have actual main event fights that people care about.

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I get that Matchroom has signed a load of youngsters/amateurs, who a lot of seem to have the potential to be world champs, that's logical, invest for the future etc. They also need outings, some breaking in, a few journeymen, English title level fights etc. The giant problem is when you make an entire card of them and book the O2 for it. Hearn has a load of undercard fights now with this bunch but a card needs to have actual main event fights that people care about.

Apparently this is the main event although i have heard of neither!

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

I think they're suffering for their own success a bit.The only reason Hearn has put this on is to satisfy some fighters who haven't been out much in the last few months. There were very few people in the O2- I reckon Matchroom decided to take the financial hit to get a few of their fighters an overdue payday before the end of the season and people like Okolie and Buatsi experience of being in a big arena .

The Buglioni Summers fight was decent and Buatsi looked ice cool.

I certainly won't be staying up for Pacquiao Horn!

Edited by Stortz

On 07/02/2017 at 12:42, Maltshoveller said:

Should have been the end when Marquez done him

One of the best one punch ko ever

It really was, especially given Manny was battering Marquez just seconds before.

Jinkee screaming was the only noise in the arena for a second or so as everyone tried to process what had just happened!

Had the pleasure of bumping into Johnny Nelson at Kings Cross this evening. Firstly what a friendly approachable guy he is.

Looks like AJ will be fighting in Vegas before end of year and not a rematch with Klitschko, who apparently isn't interested in a rematch!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, daored said:

Had the pleasure of bumping into Johnny Nelson at Kings Cross this evening. Firstly what a friendly approachable guy he is.

Looks like AJ will be fighting in Vegas before end of year and not a rematch with Klitschko, who apparently isn't interested in a rematch!

Is that what Nelson told you mate?

I thought confirmation of a rematch was taking a suspiciously long time. I'm surprised if AJ is fighting Pulev in Vegas though- and he's guaranteed the next pop at AJ if he doesn't fight Wlad. Joshua's not well known enough over there to create massive interest in a fight with Pulev, surely?

You'd probably get 10k plus Brits over there supporting him but it wouldn't make much of an inpact on the sporting lansdcape in the US. I don't see how it can make economic sense, if they fight here you're getting 60k plus tickets sold in the Millenium Stadium and hundreds of thousands more PPVs due to the time zone.

6 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Is that what Nelson told you mate?

I thought confirmation of a rematch was taking a suspiciously long time. I'm surprised if AJ is fighting Pulev in Vegas though- and he's guaranteed the next pop at AJ if he doesn't fight Wlad. Joshua's not well known enough over there to create massive interest in a fight with Pulev, surely?

You'd probably get 10k plus Brits over there supporting him but it wouldn't make much of an inpact on the sporting lansdcape in the US. I don't see how it can make economic sense, if they fight here you're getting 60k plus tickets sold in the Millenium Stadium and hundreds of thousands more PPVs due to the time zone.

Waiting for train back up north and see him looking at the departure board.

Went over , said hello, asked where his side kick was to which he laughed and said he'd lost him, they'd been doing filming for next generation.

Asked if he was still considering coming out of retirement like Benn, said not any more!

Asked about AJ, said kiltschko people want the fight but he appears not keen. Said they earned 20 million each from previous fight. Said probably fight in Vegas next git AJ , didn't ask names to be far.

Wished him well, quick photo and actually got on the same train.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, daored said:

Waiting for train back up north and see him looking at the departure board.

Went over , said hello, asked where his side kick was to which he laughed and said he'd lost him, they'd been doing filming for next generation.

Asked if he was still considering coming out of retirement like Benn, said not any more!

Asked about AJ, said kiltschko people want the fight but he appears not keen. Said they earned 20 million each from previous fight. Said probably fight in Vegas next git AJ , didn't ask names to be far.

Wished him well, quick photo and actually got on the same train.

I'm not surprised VK doesn't want the rematch. He's had a pretty easy life for the past 10 years as champ and has had a great career.

He tasted the power against AJ, and I suspect it really hurt! At his age does he really want or need to go back in with such a dangerous fighter? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Spoons said:

So is anyone paying for the eubank jnr fight then? 

Not sure I could part with £16.95 for that! 

The thing is mate, it'll probably be a really good fight, so, I haven't decided...

Anthony Yarde tomorrow night, looks the real deal so far...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yardy said:

Looking forward to the O'hara Davies vs Josh Taylor fight tonight, bit of beef between the pair which is hardly a surprise because Davies is a gobby t***

Its a real 50/50 fight but c'mon Taylor

Alright Yardy, should be a good fight, also Yarde on BN...

• Like 1