IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

The only one that can beat Mayweather is Mayweather, I think Floyd could put Mcgregor away inside 1 round both fighters know this, but Floyd will try and extend the fight for the fans entertainment and by doing this may get sloppy dropping his hands showboating  giving Mcgregor a chance, but if Mayweather has is game head we wont even get to see the first set of commercials.

On 25/07/2017 at 18:10, Craven arms said:

The only one that can beat Mayweather is Mayweather, I think Floyd could put Mcgregor away inside 1 round both fighters know this, but Floyd will try and extend the fight for the fans entertainment and by doing this may get sloppy dropping his hands showboating  giving Mcgregor a chance, but if Mayweather has is game head we wont even get to see the first set of commercials.

Must be a decade since Floyd ko'd anyone what makes you think he could ko a elite bigger fighter that has never been ko'd?

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Tyson retires again... guess those runs out in Marbs finished him off. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-announces-retirement-boxing-10876805

Comeback by December then?

He's just pissed off because Hennessy and his uncle Peter met with David Haye's new company today to do a deal about a fight with Hughie. Loyalty is a very big thing in that community and he hates Haye. He can't understand it.

He'll u-turn on it soon enough. If he gets let off after that hearing he'll be back.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Tyson retires again... guess those runs out in Marbs finished him off

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-announces-retirement-boxing-10876805

Comeback by December then?

Yeah, both of them!

You're exactly right @Phileas Fogg, it's just the latest in the sequence of Tyson rage quits, like a teenage boy on a Playstation! The Instagram post before the 'retirement' one was this:

11 hours ago, yardy said:

Must be a decade since Floyd ko'd anyone what makes you think he could ko a elite bigger fighter that has never been ko'd?

Take your point mate, the last person PBF Ko'd was Victor Ortiz when the latter was trying to kiss him sorry for nutting him in 2011. However, McGregor is an elite fighter in a completely different sport to the one he's competing in, so despite Floyd's latter day feather- fistedness, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he knocked McGregor out- or, more likely, made him quit.

You'd expect Messi to score against a back four made up of All Blacks in their football debut wouldn't you, despite them being bigger and also elite sportmen in a sport as similar to football as boxing is to MMA!

8 hours ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, both of them!

You're exactly right @Phileas Fogg, it's just the latest in the sequence of Tyson rage quits, like a teenage boy on a Playstation! The Instagram post before the 'retirement' one was this:

Take your point mate, the last person PBF Ko'd was Victor Ortiz when the latter was trying to kiss him sorry for nutting him in 2011. However, McGregor is an elite fighter in a completely different sport to the one he's competing in, so despite Floyd's latter day feather- fistedness, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he knocked McGregor out- or, more likely, made him quit.

You'd expect Messi to score against a back four made up of All Blacks in their football debut wouldn't you, despite them being bigger and also elite sportmen in a sport as similar to football as boxing is to MMA!

I didn't count the ko on Ortiz because PBF cheated :)

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, yardy said:

I think a better comparison would be Federer vs the number one squash player in a tennis match at Wimbledon.

Theoretically a transferable skill set with many parallels, but fundamental  differences in technique and positioning make it heavily in Federer's favour. I see your point though. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think a better comparison would be Federer vs the number one squash player in a tennis match at Wimbledon.

Theoretically a transferable skill set with many parallels, but fundamental  differences in technique and positioning make it heavily in Federer's favour. I see your point though. 

I didn't write this

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Fair comment Phileas, but it was me who made the initial dodgy parallel!

I was going for the (admittedly slightly tortuous) football/ rugby analogy as i saw the kicking in both as the basic transferable skill which is more cultured and varied in football (like the punching in boxing) and the extras like rucks, scrums, line outs etc as the grappling and alternate striking skills in MMA that are massive there but irrelevent in the ring.

@Super, It is indeed going to be great fun watching Broner get pasted all around Brooklyn! Frampton on C5 on Saturday night too.

• Haha 1

Frampton has missed the weight for tomorrow in Belfast, he came in a pound over. The fight goes ahead but it's no longer a WBC eliminator.

Rank amatuerism from Frampton personally and especially Cyclone there, he only moved up to Featherweight 2 fights ago! I'm really surprised, he always seemed a model pro before.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Still we have boner v garcia tonight

Miller vs Washington on the undercard which is potentially quite an interesting one. If Miller wins it should put him in contention to fight one of the higher profile HWs.

Someone like Dillian Whyte perhaps which I think would be a good fight. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Miller vs Washington on the undercard which is potentially quite an interesting one. If Miller wins it should put him in contention to fight one of the higher profile HWs.

Someone like Dillian Whyte perhaps which I think would be a good fight. 

Watching Miller now, he is quite the unit haha. 22 stone!

Washington could have a free shot and Miller would not give the slightest shit!

edit- Millers shorts are an atrocity

Edited by Stortz

On 28/07/2017 at 14:57, Stortz said:

Frampton has missed the weight for tomorrow in Belfast, he came in a pound over. The fight goes ahead but it's no longer a WBC eliminator.

Rank amatuerism from Frampton personally and especially Cyclone there, he only moved up to Featherweight 2 fights ago! I'm really surprised, he always seemed a model pro before.

All is not well between Frampton and the McGuigans apparently, various issues dating back to before the second Santa Cruz fight.

He's resigned as a director of Cyclone in the last week or so too.