IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

I just had a round of applause for both athletes. Connor gave it a good go, Mayweather did what he does best.

Conor done alright for first 3 but the gulf which we knew was there to see after,don't mind Conor but let him get back to the street fighting thing he does instead of the sweet science 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Conor done alright for first 3 but the gulf which we knew was there to see after,don't mind Conor but let him get back to the street fighting thing he does instead of the sweet science 

I'd like to see him explore boxing. He's done all he can in MMA and I think boxing will give him the challenge he craves. The only thing that ****** him up was tiredness. The more he boxes the more he will improve.

Incredible story for a guy who was once on benefits to securing his and his children's future.

However much I dislike Mayweather I give him my upmost respect for the professionalism he has shown throughout his career to get the job done.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'd like to see him explore boxing. He's done all he can in MMA and I think boxing will give him the challenge he craves. The only thing that ****** him up was tiredness. The more he boxes the more he will improve.

Incredible story for a guy who was once on benefits to securing his and his children's future.

However much I dislike Mayweather I give him my upmost respect for the professionalism he has shown throughout his career to get the job done.

That's what I meant by levels in boxing. Mayweather's experience and skill showed.

McGregor made a good go of it for the first few rounds but he'd never be able to maintain that. Nice counter uppercut on Floyd early on but after Mayweather worked out McGregor's style he just let him tire himself out.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm not sure about him going into boxing purely because who does he fight,he's just been stopped by mayweather who hasn't stopped anyone for years,if he fights a active fighter then it would end in tears. Back to mma what he's good at and his stock is still high 

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's what I meant by levels in boxing. Mayweather's experience and skill showed.

McGregor made a good go of it for the first few rounds but he'd never be able to maintain that. Nice counter uppercut on Floyd early on but after Mayweather worked out McGregor's style he just let him tire himself out.

He always would have had to count on a KO in the first 3 to 4 rounds which I still believe he was/is capable of.

I think we will see a rematch in the future. Neither of them will turn that kind of money down.

Edited by Up The City!

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I'm not sure about him going into boxing purely because who does he fight,he's just been stopped by mayweather who hasn't stopped anyone for years,if he fights a active fighter then it would end in tears. Back to mma what he's good at and his stock is still high 

Surely you can agree that McGregor put on a good show a giant o e of the greatest ever boxers? He has potential and I'd certainly be interested in seeing him box in the future. Money talks.

Edited by Up The City!

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He always would have had to count on a KO in the first 3 to 4 rounds which I still believe he was/is capable of.

I think we will see a rematch in the future. Neither of them will turn that kind of money down.

Hmm I think Floyd went easier on him for a few rounds to make the match more of a spectacle. Mayweather threw about 12 punches in the first 2 rounds.

Even at that intensity - it's a bit embarrassing Conor gassed out so early. I thought he'd been working on his cardio.

I doubt there'll be a rematch, when the dust settles people will realise Mayweather was in control ultimately. 50-0 is a nice round number for Mayweather to retire on.

I think there's a far better chance of Conor fighting Paulie; that's a marketable fight.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hmm I think Floyd went easier on him for a few rounds to make the match more of a spectacle. Mayweather threw about 12 punches in the first 2 rounds.

Even at that intensity - it's a bit embarrassing Conor gassed out so early. I thought he'd been working on his cardio.

I doubt there'll be a rematch, when the dust settles people will realise Mayweather was in control ultimately. 50-0 is a nice round number for Mayweather to retire on.

I think there's a far better chance of Conor fighting Paulie; that's a marketable fight.

I'm not disagreeing. I think Connor is a all or nothing type of person so went all in in those early rounds whilst Floyd sat back. I 100% believe had Connor had the experience of going 12 matches it's a much closer fight.

I ain't going to pretend to know the current situation with boxing but I and Connor knows that is where the money is so we will see him in the ring again IMHO. 

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It was so one sided mate as we all thought it would be but you never knew,now we do and a rematch would never sell

So one sided that Connor almost knocked him out?  Come on at least be gracious in victory and come to the table with the facts. 

This coming from someone who said I'd be full of I told you sos. Pot,kettle,black.

However the fight went I enjoyed it. I respect both fighters for their participation. despite my dislike for Maywesther I still respect him. I dislike him simply because he is so god damn good and professional and gets the job done. I'll always cheer on the under dog.

Such a shame you can't give Connor any credit or respect but then I guess that's what sets me and you apart. 

@joe jordans teeth

I think your somewhat missing the point here.

Do you think Floyd would ever step into a cage? Of course he bloody wouldn't as he knows he would get done within 5 minutes.

The fact Connor stepped into a boxing ring and for a part held his own draws a massive amount of respect for me.

Did you see him with his small child after? Didn't it warm your heart knowing that that child will never have to worry money in its life? Because their father stepped out of their comfort zone to provide for his family, something Floyd wouldn't do.

26 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

So one sided that Connor almost knocked him out?  Come on at least be gracious in victory and come to the table with the facts. 

This coming from someone who said I'd be full of I told you sos. Pot,kettle,black.

However the fight went I enjoyed it. I respect both fighters for their participation. despite my dislike for Maywesther I still respect him. I dislike him simply because he is so god damn good and professional and gets the job done. I'll always cheer on the under dog.

Such a shame you can't give Connor any credit or respect but then I guess that's what sets me and you apart. 

When did Conor nearly knock him out,you must be on acid because nobody else saw that

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

@joe jordans teeth

I think your somewhat missing the point here.

Do you think Floyd would ever step into a cage? Of course he bloody wouldn't as he knows he would get done within 5 minutes.

The fact Connor stepped into a boxing ring and for a part held his own draws a massive amount of respect for me.

Did you see him with his small child after? Didn't it warm your heart knowing that that child will never have to worry money in its life? Because their father stepped out of their comfort zone to provide for his family, something Floyd wouldn't do.

Showing yourself up mate,Conor was a multimillionaire before tonight,if you think he done it to secure his child's future then your a nutter,he done it for the fame and really thought he could win