IGNORED

The fiercest UK rivalry...

BS4 on Tour...

Predictably and self indulgently, all the Man U and Liverpool fans in Sussex and Surrey and have voted for Manchester Red *****s v Liverpool Red *******

Old Firm is one of the biggest derby matches in the world, let alone the UK. Man U v Liverpool is like a children's tea party in comparison 

put your Scouse tinted glasses away!

What do you mean??? It's the match all us neutrals look forward to the most don't you know!..... I'm only a neutral as I despise them both with equal measure.

Has to be the old Firm derby. I'd also make a case for Newcastle v Sunderland being up there as it remains particularly hostile even with Skys TV cameras pointing at them. 

Had the "pleasure" of spending my holidays in the early to mid 80s up in Derbyshire (my sister was living just outside Derby at the time).  There was a small domestic dispute at the time across the border with Nottinghamshire due to the miner's strike and union affiliation.  Since that time, the games between Mansfield and Chesterfield became things of true hatred as I understand they can be to this day. 

To a lesser extent were the Hereford v Shrewsbury games although for different reasons.  Neither got a mention in the article

Been to a couple and by far the worst I have seen. Bristol derby doesn't even compare. Old firm maybe but only judging on ones I have been too.

weird as Livrpool don't really have any thing in the way of an active firm.

Try Leeds v United, that's tasty, but the best one I've ever seen is Arbroath v Montrose, let's just say the amount of horse shit on the pitch was on a par with how many casualties had been hit with a brick or coin.

Liverpool, :laugh:.

Arson, players houses vandalised ,players being attacked, pitch invasion , mass fights at Sunday morning football matches when hundreds of fans of both clubs turn up.Pubs being in smashed up during midweek. Every time the two clubs meet there is serious disorder. Fans fighting each other when watching England . Fans fighting each other in pubs and nightclubs each week . Fans fighting each other when on holiday in Spain.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the Bristol Derby.

Had the "pleasure" of spending my holidays in the early to mid 80s up in Derbyshire (my sister was living just outside Derby at the time).  There was a small domestic dispute at the time across the border with Nottinghamshire due to the miner's strike and union affiliation.  Since that time, the games between Mansfield and Chesterfield became things of true hatred as I understand they can be to this day.

Went to one of these at Saltergate as a neutral in the early 1990's. Got to the top of the hill where the ground is & there was a massive brawl going on right in the middle of the road. Most of the locals seemed to accept that's what happens before these games. In the ground the atmosphere was absolutely electric. Never been to anything quite like it. Obviously the events of the mid-80's were still raw.

Went again only a few years ago, and although not as bad (mainly kids not even born during the miners strike), it still was pretty tasty.

This is a rivalry beyond football. It's about split communities and back stabbing. Very nasty.

Linfield v Glentoran

Met a jolly nice chap from Belfast up at Middlesboro ... (of all places)

Apart from popping over time to time to see Boro or Rangers, his main team are Linfield & over several pints before the game we discussed many things one of which was Ivan Sproule who now plays for Linfield and apparently is a hero because he scored a late winner against their arch enemies Glentoran ...

I was amazed to hear of the hatred between these two Belfast teams - nothing to do with religion, they are both Proddy - just has to do with one being from North Belfast and one from East Belfast so purely territorial  .... a true derby

He made the game sound so appetising that I may just wander over there next time and take in the very heated atmos

Man Utd & Liverpool:

football-fans-on-mobile-wifi-connected-eLiverpool-Manchester-Unit-007.jpgliverpool17get_1509157c.jpg

Bristol City & Bristol Rovers:

5254493.jpg_69657308_69657169.jpghqdefault.jpg

Looking at the current results, it's bullshit.

Not saying our rivalry is the 'fiercest', but just google both teams names together and you'll find a differing contrast of pictures.

Man U & Liverpool has the danger of throwing prawn sandwiches in comparison to how things are passionate and 'feisty' when Bristol City & Rovers meet.

So what I'm saying is that survey has got some well manufactured and unmeasured bias :)

Me, personally - from that list I'd say Millwall v W'Ham has got to be up there. None of this plastic 'rivalry' you come across.

Archived