IGNORED

Faith in steve cotterill

dunsteral

The only reason for changing a manager is if he is not moving the team forward.

Often good managers get fired because they've burnt out. The pressure is relentless .

They need to stay on top of it all as very quickly any weaknesses start a snowball effect .

i wish Cotts well but like all players and staff at the club they are just temporary guardians of our hopes and dreams for Bristol City. 

They are good enough when they're good enough but if their performance levels drop  then there's no room for sentiment. 

Quite agree Major, in our day in the Mess, a chap would retire to the Ante-Room with his revolver for the good of the Regiment.

3 points against Forest or he can walk.

Shame on all the happy clappers in the Atyeo for clapping him off. Did he deserve it today???

Also,  Pack ain't good enough for this level, and Grandad Wilbraham should stay at home clipping his coupons.

Rather than respond to this one poster, read the whole thread. No idea why you pick up on one reply when generally it is recognised Cotts is currently the best fit for our club. 

The issue is higher up the he food chain, where clearly mistakes were made. Not sure what relevance it is that enquiries are now being made  the point highlighted by many was this needed to happen in the summer not now 

I have been following the thread and I think made a few comments on it and others like it, before that one, all supporting the current manager, which I will continue to do. I agree it is generally accepted he is still the best man for the job...But general is a long way from total and I have a very good memory!

I think the point was it did happen in the summer (enquiries). The boy from Hull declined, The Boy from Man U declined, Gayle Declined, Boy from Brentford declined....The point is that we did make the enquiries but no one really wants to play for us except Kodjia who sees us as the gateway to the Prem and rightly so!

So we now know anyone with a track record is not interested in us (Probably includes Rotherham MK among a few others)....This I think has been pretty hard for SC and SL to take, and to be frank they advised us back in May that attracting players would be a problem and people would come late, but no one could have forecast this!

The midfield today spent the entire second half on the back foot, but the upside is the defence held until 95 mins after being under pressure for 45 totally....That is a small silver lining that we can defend...

My tuppence is it was a mistake making Wilbo Captain...This makes him very difficult to drop....The ball did not stick at all second half and as such surely Wes or Agard are better options...BR played well for 45 and then started giving the ball away and one or two others were anonymous in the second half.

We need a goal scorer if the two we have on the bench are not deemed good enough, despite showing well when played, and a foot on ball Hartley type midfielder with experience (the greater issue imo)...Cole who knows...anyone you can think of on loan thats available now???

3 points against Forest or he can walk.

Shame on all the happy clappers in the Atyeo for clapping him off. Did he deserve it today???

Also,  Pack ain't good enough for this level, and Grandad Wilbraham should stay at home clipping his coupons.

clerk you yellow hat!!!! 

My faith in Cotts long-term sustainability took a tumble after watching today's tactically inept fiasco. 

You begin to question whether he was just the man for that specific job last season - hitting on a winning formula for one specific set of circumstances. 

Stubbornly sticking to one line-up which has been cruelly exposed on many occasions this season; the baffling faith in a clearly knackered Wilbraham ; dropping wing-backs back to make a clumpy 5 -man defence in a futile attempt to hold a one goal lead - inviting bloody pressure on. All this and more.

And that's before we get to the recruitment fiasco.

Rarely felt more depressed after a City game.

My faith in Cotts long-term sustainability took a tumble after watching today's tactically inept fiasco. 

You begin to question whether he was just the man for that specific job last season - hitting on a winning formula for one specific set of circumstances. 

Stubbornly sticking to one line-up which has been cruelly exposed on many occasions this season; the baffling faith in a clearly knackered Wilbraham ; dropping wing-backs back to make a clumpy 5 -man defence in a futile attempt to hold a one goal lead - inviting bloody pressure on. All this and more.

Agreed. Its all so familiar, Get promoted and phuk it up.

Completely agree with you... as I said on another thread repeat the form of the first 10 games in the next 10 and we will be adrift and heading back to league one. Something has to be changed now, and honestly not sure Cotts is seeing the problems.

Perhaps not.  But in that case it's the manager's job to identify that and buy what's needed. If players don't try hard enough then you have to blame the players but, if players aren't good enough, that's the fault of the manager.

Yes, that's fair enough, but how does a Manager know if his players are not up to Championship football unless he gives them a chance,  IMHO they have had their chance, 10 games and from what I can see most of them are not good enough.  Freeman, Bryan, Williams, Pack, Wilbs, are not playing anywhere near as well as they were last season, now is this all because they have lost form or confidence?  If it's not that,  then it is because they are just not good enough to step up into the Championship and that's half the team, no wonder they can't win games.  We all know that the lack of good signings is also making things worse and we have a very thin squad and that hasn't helped, but do we blame SC, KB  for not finding decent players with experience at this level or SL's stubbornness in not paying Championship wages.

I said towards the end of last season that I wondered if SL would be brave enough to say, 'thanks for getting us up Steve but we don't think you are the man to help us succeed in the championship..' and I also posted on here recently that just as players find their level and stay at it then perhaps managers should too? Managers get teams promoted and then let players go that they think are not good enough for the level above whilst blindly assuming that they themselves are.

SC deserved a chance to take us forward but we've basically gone into the championship with a league one squad.

Ten games in, not good enough.

We simply cannot go back to league one with a 27k capacity stadium, look what it did to Coventry.

Football demands tough decisions and past successes are quickly forgotten...we have a mega rich owner, get Sam Allardyce in, he took Bolton out of the championship to 8th place in the premier league. They qualified for European competition and got to the final of a major cup competition under Sam.

He also took West Ham out of the championship and re-established them in the premier league.

Track records are important in football and he's got one

Squad not deep enough or good to bough in quality

We are playing players not up to this level, certainly on current form 

SC lack of tactical acumen being exposed - seems totally unable to change a game when the tide is turning against us - if he isn't tactically inept his ego and stubbornness is taking him towards the exit door IMO

Not so sure that SC has the massive amount of 'credit' with SL that some on here pour his way

Heed the warning signs that Spudski keeps highlighting - all is not well at AG and performances reflect that.

Yes but Spudski knows all of the problems but none of the solutions. So useless.

well unless he's a member of the board or management team he's unlikely to be able to provide a solution !

He certainly has more idea about what's actually going on than most who keep claiming 'everything will be alright' and what he is brave enough to highlight is not the only place those messages are coming from

well unless he's a member of the board or management team he's unlikely to be able to provide a solution !

He certainly has more idea about what's actually going on than most who keep claiming 'everything will be alright' and what he is brave enough to highlight is not the only place those messages are coming from

He could provide an opinion but never does. Its just all "its all shit at Ashton Gate".

And nor is he brave. When he says who he is and exactly what he means with all the useless innuendo that he keeps spouting, then he will be brave.

He could provide an opinion but never does. Its just all "its all shit at Ashton Gate".

And nor is he brave. When he says who he is and exactly what he means with all the useless innuendo that he keeps spouting, then he will be brave.

you obviously don't bother reading his posts then - he provides many explanations. And opinions about formations , players , SC

Why should he say who he is when you provide such an approach ?

iI don't know him but I do know he's in a position to have more idea what's going on than most and can also tell you that the talk about problems and unrest at AG is coming from lots of areas and is in my experience all around the City ,and most City Fans I know , so you keep burying your head in the sand and keep chugging away with any personal agenda you have and keep clapping us towards Lge 1

you obviously don't bother reading his posts then - he provides many explanations. And opinions about formations , players , SC

Why should he say who he is when you provide such an approach ?

imdont know him but I do know he's in a position to have more idea what's going on than most and can also t :laugh: you that the talk about problems and unrest at AG is all around the City and most City Fans I know so you keep chugging away with any personal agenda you have and keep clapping us towards Lge 1

I have no agenda and the bloke provides no explanations at all just negative shite every single post, either explicitly or underlying theme.

Is it helpful, to anyone, other than his own ego because he apparently knows things other people don't? No.

I could be brave under a pseudonym.

Nobody can bask on past experiences for ever but the amazing season last year has barely finished and the negativity being put about after 6 weeks of the new season is truly astounding.

I have no agenda and the bloke provides no explanations at all just negative shite every single post, either explicitly or underlying theme.

Is it helpful, to anyone, other than his own ego because he apparently knows things other people don't? No.

I could be brave under a pseudonym.

Nobody can bask on past experiences for ever but the amazing season last year has barely finished and the negativity being put about after 6 weeks of the new season is truly astounding.

You think so ? Seriously ??

one win all season, unable to scramble a single win at home , players departing the club for 'various reasons', a complete car crash at attempts in the transfer market that made us look a laughing stock, reports of a lack of harmony behind the scenes and between management and boardroom,  Loan signings that have at best look a mixed bag and a manager who gives no indication that he is prepared to adapt / change or , if I'm honest looks like he has any idea what to do atm.

Ive said for a while , you don't need to be in the know , just a run of mill fan to open your eyes , watch and listen to see all the worrying signs that normally indicate a club is in a relegation fight

Less on here tonight mind saying 'Everything will be fine' or predicting a run to the play offs

Archived