IGNORED

Brendan Rodgers Gone from Liverpool

Nomad

I'm one of them.  I'm willing to give each manager a go, but I think it shows that we've bought poorly and not replace Suarez.  We all laughed at Sours when they failed to replace Bale, but we've been just as bad.

I accept the long term injury to Sturridge, but there are so many other signings I'd class as the latest 'Bruno Cheyrou'....who not only don't have the heart, they don't have the technical skills either....and cost £20m.

writing was on the wall.

not sure who we will bring in....but Klopp, obviously stands out.

How do you replace Suarez tho? That's simply an impossible task. Can't be many other cheating bitting players in the world that could replace him.

I'm one of them.  I'm willing to give each manager a go, but I think it shows that we've bought poorly and not replace Suarez.  We all laughed at Sours when they failed to replace Bale, but we've been just as bad.

I accept the long term injury to Sturridge, but there are so many other signings I'd class as the latest 'Bruno Cheyrou'....who not only don't have the heart, they don't have the technical skills either....and cost £20m.

writing was on the wall.

in fairness they did try to replace Suarez with Alexis but he didn't want to join. 

I was really shocked at the sacking. Not so much when one looks at Liverpools stagnation over the last two seasons, but more in relation to how much they've allowed Rodgers to spend on players already, with the transfer window firmly shut. Any incoming manager will have to work with players that haven't improved then team and will most likely be shipped out in forthcoming transfer windows, resulting in more spending. 

I would call into question just how much faith the directors had in Rodgers at the start of the season - the spending implies lots, the timing of this sacking not so much though. 

there is a transfer commitee there anyway and the manager is only 20% of that. 

People keep quoting the 300 million he spent buy how much say did he actually have- Don't Liverpool have a transfer committee who make those decisions? He also can't really be held accountable for not replacing saurez. Who could of replaced him? He can however be held accountable for how badly they have been playing and players not performing.

Having spoken to my Liverpool supporting mate just after they narrowly beat Carlisle, he said he hadn't attended a game at anfield with such little interest from the crowd. They all just sat there waiting for the equaliser and weren't shocked when it came. He had already lost the crowd and it was more to do with how they were playing rather than the results. The 3 wins they have weren't convincing. My mate said that when things went south under Rafa they were still creating chances (if they lost 1-0, they would have least laid seige on the oppositions goal) under Rogers they just werent looking like scoring.

Writing was on the wall after getting stuffed at Stoke.  He needed a great start to get the fans back on side. He didn't deliver. 

Few will argue with the decision but I think that the timing stinks. A point in the derby is hardly a bad result. They must have known he was going before this game and just wanted to get it out of the way before getting rid. No doubt they've had someone lined up for a while too. I think that's a really poor way to treat your manager. 

in fairness they did try to replace Suarez with Alexis but he didn't want to join. 

Yes, I think he was the only player capable of being a replacement for Suarez.

Balotelli. Nope

Benteke. Nope....he will do okay, but not top top drawer.

Ings. Nope....although he will take chances

Borini. £&@?

etc etc

If Gerrard hadn't slipped against Chelsea, Liverpool would of won the league and Rodgers would of been nigh on untouchable. The line between success and failure sure is a thin one.

dont you mean if Gerrard had controlled the ball?

Either way it wasn't what cost Liverpool the league.  If they hadn't of drawn easier games against villa at anfield and West Brom away then it would of been irrelevant.  

I can't say I'm surprised, some poor signings and strange selections haven't helped his cause.

I genuinely like the guy, I like that he rarely gets involved in the petty arguments that Wenger, Mourinho etc like to engage in.

I will never forget the night his Swansea team came to the gate and gave a lesson in how to play football. That was one of those nights, like the Ajax game where most people accepted that the opposition were a class apart. 

dont you mean if Gerrard had controlled the ball?

Either way it wasn't what cost Liverpool the league.  If they hadn't of drawn easier games against villa at anfield and West Brom away then it would of been irrelevant.  

Agree with you there.  Scoring 100+ goals in a season might have been the mark of a league winning side, conceding 50 certainly was not.

I was really shocked at the sacking. Not so much when one looks at Liverpools stagnation over the last two seasons, but more in relation to how much they've allowed Rodgers to spend on players already, with the transfer window firmly shut. Any incoming manager will have to work with players that haven't improved then team and will most likely be shipped out in forthcoming transfer windows, resulting in more spending. 

I would call into question just how much faith the directors had in Rodgers at the start of the season - the spending implies lots, the timing of this sacking not so much though. 

Two seasons? That's being very kind. 

If Gerrard hadn't slipped against Chelsea, Liverpool would of won the league and Rodgers would of been nigh on untouchable. The line between success and failure sure is a thin one.

Mainly down to his terrible tactics in game against Chelsea reserves than that slip. As funny as it was . 

writing was on the wall.

So, are you a 'Pool fan then Dave?! After your passionate post about why you like supporting BCFC on the 'I like this club' thread I didn't expect this?!

Few will argue with the decision but I think that the timing stinks. A point in the derby is hardly a bad result. They must have known he was going before this game and just wanted to get it out of the way before getting rid. No doubt they've had someone lined up for a while too. I think that's a really poor way to treat your manager. 

He was getting sacked even if they'd won 5-0 the decision was already made. Probably the Carlisle result was the final straw.

Given the fact Jose may well walk from Chelsea and there is an international break coming it is the right time to get Klopp before someone else does.

I have a feeling he would have been sacked in the summer but they couldn't get the right replacement in.

Would also make sense given their relatively small net spend.

He was getting sacked even if they'd won 5-0 the decision was already made. Probably the Carlisle result was the final straw.

Given the fact Jose may well walk from Chelsea and there is an international break coming it is the right time to get Klopp before someone else does.

I have a feeling he would have been sacked in the summer but they couldn't get the right replacement in.

Would also make sense given their relatively small net spend.

Klopp will certainly bring some entertainment if he gets the job, he is a crazy bloke!

Brendan Rogers is just a scapegoat.  There is no way Liverpool were ever going to compete with Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea.  They do not have the same pulling power for top players as they don't have CL and they don't really compete on wages.  They managed that one good season because they had Suarez.

Whoever they bring in will have exactly the same problem unless he is given a massive war chest similar to what LVG has had at United.

Brendan Rogers is just a scapegoat.  There is no way Liverpool were ever going to compete with Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea.  They managed that one good season because they had Suarez.

Whoever they bring in will have exactly the same problem unless he is given a massive war chest similar to what LVG has had at United.

That's the best joke I've heard all day. Rodgers has been given a FORTUNE to buy players since he became manager. He squandered the lot

Brendan Rogers is just a scapegoat.  There is no way Liverpool were ever going to compete with Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea.  They managed that one good season because they had Suarez.

Not sure that's true, as he had a huge amount of money to spend, which he made full use of. 

Losing Saurez was a huge blow, Granted, but that's true of any side - you will lose top players at some point, either through transfers, injury or in the case of Gerrard, age.

He's blown a load of money on maybes, he's had plenty of money to buy quality but he's squandered it.

That's the best joke I've heard all day. Rodgers has been given a FORTUNE to buy players since he became manager. He squandered the lot

If you think its a joke then you must be completely out of touch with reality I am afraid.

It might look like a fortune to you.  But, if you research his NET spend, I think you will find it is significantly less than Man City, United and Chelsea in recent years. For starters, they received over 100 million for the sales of Suarez and Sterling which freed up the cash for Rogers to spend.

Yes, he has bought some duds - but it is very difficult to get the right players in when you have aggressive top 4 clubs run by multi billionaires that swallow up all the best talent.

Liverpool don't have as much money as the other clubs in the top 4. Even Steve Lansdown is worth more than John Henry.

It is incredibly short sighted to blame Liverpools woes on the manager.  They are out of their depth at the moment if they want CL football and that wont change unless they invest silly money.

He's blown a load of money on maybes, he's had plenty of money to buy quality but he's squandered it.

Liverpool have a committee consisting of about half a dozen people who actually determine who they buy so it's a bit harsh to blame the poor signings all on Rodgers. The way the club is run doesn't appear to be working.

I for one would like to see us approach Brendan Rodgers if we decided to get rid of SC, saved Watford from relegation and also turned Swansea from a Championship side to a Premier League side. We certainly wouldn't struggle to attract quality with him in charge and given he has left Liverpool on apparent good terms, could be an avenue to get some of their promising youngsters on loan as well in the future. A 45% win rate throughout his whole managerial career is not to be sniffed at either.

I for one would like to see us approach Brendan Rodgers if we decided to get rid of SC, saved Watford from relegation and also turned Swansea from a Championship side to a Premier League side. We certainly wouldn't struggle to attract quality with him in charge and given he has left Liverpool on apparent good terms, could be an avenue to get some of their promising youngsters on loan as well in the future. A 45% win rate throughout his whole managerial career is not to be sniffed at either.

Is this serious?

A little ambitious that. 

Is this serious?

Yes, why not. The club wants to stay up, he's achieved it at this level twice, and transformed a Championship side into a Premier League side, something our board want. If we were willing to shell out 9m in the summer for a striker, why would our wealthy owner not shell out big bucks for a manager who could do a proper job. We are the 3rd biggest city in England and we have no top flight team. We are owned by a wealthy man and about to have a brand new shiny big stadium. With ambition and money which we have why shouldn't we look to hire someone like Rodgers, it would certainly make teams sit up and take note of us more and help us sign the type of players we were after in the summer.

Brendan often goes to watch his son play at Swindon and is known to always chat to their fans, so he's clearly not an up his own arse type of manager and he doesn't strike me as someone who will do a bit of punditry either. Whenever he has left a post before he's normally gone within a few months into another role and I'm not sure a Premier League side will go for him and with him having a young son who plays football and another kid at school, I can't see him wanting to go abroad to manage. I don't think it would be as far fetched as some people would make out.

Archived