IGNORED

Simon Cox

HoldenBall

A good singing and much needed considering how wilbs has struggled this season. Does anyone know why Reading haven't used him though? I appreciate our club size and the fact that we've got to fight over the scraps of championship players but are his best playing days ahead or behind him? A question to those in the know. 

A good singing and much needed considering how wilbs has struggled this season. Does anyone know why Reading haven't used him though? I appreciate our club size and the fact that we've got to fight over the scraps of championship players but are his best playing days ahead or behind him? A question to those in the know. 

Reading have bought very very well this year and although Cox is an extremely good player, he would struggle along with most to match Vydra who could quite easily play in the prem. I personally think with more game time Cox will be a great signing 

I'm sure he'll do ok but worth noting he hasn't scored in 2015 and has only managed 8 goals in each of the last two seasons.

Needs to get up and running quickly.

If you have an indepth look at his time to goals. It works out around 1 every 188 minutes which equates to 1 in 2. Most of his appearances have been off the bench or being brought off. 

If you have an indepth look at his time to goals. It works out around 1 every 188 minutes which equates to 1 in 2. Most of his appearances have been off the bench or being brought off. 

Well I certainly haven't looked in that much depth! Is that throughout is whole career?

I know he's  a decent finisher but there's no evidence he's 'in-form' as such and so was just pointing out he needs a couple of goals and will be fine I hope.

His movement as much as his goals will be key assuming he replaces Wilbs.

Cox has struck me as one of those who raises his game when trying to impress, but doesn't necessarily work hard when not in need of a contract, etc. Suits us down to the ground then. I think he's a good signing and looking forward to seeing him want to make a statement against his old club next week

Well I certainly haven't looked in that much depth! Is that throughout is whole career?

I know he's  a decent finisher but there's no evidence he's 'in-form' as such and so was just pointing out he needs a couple of goals and will be fine I hope.

His movement as much as his goals will be key assuming he replaces Wilbs.

Yes, I think a lot of people look at goals far too much, sometimes just movement can be key and Wilbs lacks this. He kills space for Kodj where I think Cox will help Kodj! 

If he can get off to a good start goal scoring I think he will be really good for us!

I'm sure he'll do ok but worth noting he hasn't scored in 2015 and has only managed 8 goals in each of the last two seasons.

Needs to get up and running quickly.

If he was doing better at Reading then they wouldn't have loaned him to us.

At the start of the season their fans hated Blackman and thought Cox the better player but he can't stop scoring.

Seeing them a few weeks ago it was clear they are a far better side than us.

First off I hope Cox does well for you. As a local lad and Academy product he's always been well liked here.

Sadly he is so far out of favour here that it's hard to see him playing for us again. If we had a striker crisis we've got 2 youngsters banging in goals in the U21 side that would get picked ahead of him. He's probably 7th choice at best for a central striking role. We simply play a style of football that he is not suited to.

He had a decent little run of goals last autumn but since then he's done nothing and in odd appearances just has not shown any form at all, even missing really simple chances.

i hope he gets game time for you and finds a bit of form, if not I fear for his future. This is a bit of a career defining move for him.

First off I hope Cox does well for you. As a local lad and Academy product he's always been well liked here.

Sadly he is so far out of favour here that it's hard to see him playing for us again. If we had a striker crisis we've got 2 youngsters banging in goals in the U21 side that would get picked ahead of him. He's probably 7th choice at best for a central striking role. We simply play a style of football that he is not suited to.

He had a decent little run of goals last autumn but since then he's done nothing and in odd appearances just has not shown any form at all, even missing really simple chances.

i hope he gets game time for you and finds a bit of form, if not I fear for his future. This is a bit of a career defining move for him.

Pretty much sums up my slight concerns outlined above. Agree it is an important move for him at 28 years old and that's part of the reason why I think he'll do ok. Plus pretty much all the strikers SC has brought in have scored goals. Provided he's played he'll score goals as generally we create enough chances.

You say he's effectively 7th choice but hasn't he been on the bench half a dozen times this season?

He has been on the bench but rarely used. He's behind Sa, Blackman, Robson-Kanu (playing on the wing but would go central before Cox), Samuel (been injured)' Liburd and Novacovic (2 youngsters scoring in the U21 side). 

So if Sa and Blackman start centrally, HRK is on the wing, Samuel is injured he makes the bench. But if we needed a starter  one of the youngsters would leap frog him. They are both better, stronger and match fit.

In a strange way, this could be good for City. He's a player who has talent, but his career seems to have stalled. An opportunity to play in a side that creates chances may be just what he needs. Playing alongside Kodjia is bound help. 

He has been on the bench but rarely used. He's behind Sa, Blackman, Robson-Kanu (playing on the wing but would go central before Cox), Samuel (been injured)' Liburd and Novacovic (2 youngsters scoring in the U21 side). 

So if Sa and Blackman start centrally, HRK is on the wing, Samuel is injured he makes the bench. But if we needed a starter  one of the youngsters would leap frog him. They are both better, stronger and match fit.

Sounds like a simple case of being 'out of favour' with Clarke to be honest mate. Doesn't sound like there's much of a future for him at Reading.

Have you seen the team's performances?

Yes thanks, how many have you seen?

I didn't say that he was the only one who's performances that weren't up too standard did I? I said there is a chance based on those performances he could be dropped.

Yes I have and I don't understand why a winger would take his place . He missed the best part of 4 games , he is a quality player who will come good again .

I agree he is a quality player and agree he will come good again, missing the best part of 4 games has really effected him. He is not currently playing to the standard he was at last season which is the disappointment. LF will be a great championship player but we need him back to form asap as we are a different team when he is running the show! 

Alanis Morrisette wouldn't miss the glaring irony here. A lot of comments about this guy's recent goal scoring record, similar comments aimed at the bloke who he's presumably replacing (Wilbraham)... And in my opinion Wilbs was one of this club's most astute permanent signings. 

Cotts' transfer record here when it comes to strikers is damn near perfect. I'm not saying I have particularly high or unreasonable expectations but I am excited to see what he can do for Cox and vice versa. 

- beat me to it Spudski :shutup:

Archived