IGNORED

England

Bs4Red

Think the next two qualifiers could be really interesting, players now playing for their places in France.

With Rooney absent opens up a spot for a striker too who I hope goes to Jamie Vardy after his magnificent start to the season.

Anyone who likes a flutter -2 at 7/5 looks a steal tonight!!

Think the next two qualifiers could be really interesting, players now playing for their places in France.

With Rooney absent opens up a spot for a striker too who I hope goes to Jamie Vardy after his magnificent start to the season.

Anyone who likes a flutter -2 at 7/5 looks a steal tonight!!

Not sure I view 2 dead rubber qualifiers in quite the same light.  I understand your comment, though.

-2 does look like a steal, very attacking line up. 

Only niggle is putting Hart and Milner in for these two dead rubbers. We know what they offer maybe Shelvey and Butland for experience?

agreed. I just don't get it?? What happens if Hart gets injured on the eve of the Euros? What then? Bring David James back for his experience??!!

Is it terrible that I no longer give a monkeys about the national team?  And I wish that band would just do one?  

completely with you there. I wonder if Rooney is half the problem. Seems to me to be a fading star that's definitely burnt its brightest. And no number of goals against a third rate eastern bloc team will convince me otherwise. 

completely with you there. I wonder if Rooney is half the problem. Seems to me to be a fading star that's definitely burnt its brightest. And no number of goals against a third rate eastern block team will convince me otherwise. 

I think just stopping watching would be best, just so difficult to break the habit!  

Is it terrible that I no longer give a monkeys about the national team?  And I wish that band would just do one?  

Not terrible.  I am much the same.  I will watch if I am about (presently have the game on in the background as I work) but not arsed if I miss them now.  Never want us to lose, just don't care when we do.  Algeria in 2010 was probably my tipping point.

completely with you there. I wonder if Rooney is half the problem. Seems to me to be a fading star that's definitely burnt its brightest. And no number of goals against a third rate eastern bloc team will convince me otherwise. 

try and watch it for what we are, a middle of the road international team.

When we do well you'll enjoy it more, when we lose it won't come as a surprise.

and to be fair Bobby Charlton scored loads against absolute mess nations, goalies without cloves, players smoking etc. 

try and watch it for what we are, a middle of the road international team.

When we do well you'll enjoy it more, when we lose it won't come as a surprise.

and to be fair Bobby Charlton scored loads against absolute mess nations, goalies without cloves, players smoking etc. 

Exactly, it seems like some actually prefer to criticise our national team than support - probably a bit like City and football in general. Besides, our national team isn't THAT bad. They've had a great 12 months in fairness. 

Well we ain't lost ... Not sure what more we could have done.

im going to France to support my country in the sun, win or lose will be a laugh. You chaps just watch it on tele and moan how bad it is on the Internet. 

Ill always be England. 

because they've beaten everyone they've played they are any of the following:

adequate, standard, par, acceptable

beating the shower of shit that's been put in front of them is not 'great'.

You go to France and have fun. I'm sure you will and I hope that you do, but history tells me that you'll watch England fail to perform. And yes, I'll sit here on the internet whinging about it, so we'll all be happy. 

Been the better side and I am sure they will now go on to win comfortably, but so poor with the final ball until the goal. Sterling particularly seems to have been constantly getting in to decent positions and then not finding an England player. If I squint and look at a certain angle, it could almost be Junior Bent...

Exactly, it seems like some actually prefer to criticise our national team than support - probably a bit like City and football in general. Besides, our national team isn't THAT bad. They've had a great 12 months in fairness. 

No I support both and when critisisms are valid they need to be aired.  The prem has stuffed England and our summer transfer window has screwed us.  And yes I preferred it last season when we were winning, made a change!

No I support both and when critisisms are valid they need to be aired.  The prem has stuffed England and our summer transfer window has screwed us.  And yes I preferred it last season when we were winning, made a change!

Of course, I've criticised City heavily this summer and particularly the transfer window. My point was at a minority of people who seem to prefer to moan than support. The majority prefer us winning but will point out valid flaws which is fine and useful.

because they've beaten everyone they've played they are any of the following:

adequate, standard, par, acceptable

beating the shower of shit that's been put in front of them is not 'great'.

You go to France and have fun. I'm sure you will and I hope that you do, but history tells me that you'll watch England fail to perform. And yes, I'll sit here on the internet whinging about it, so we'll all be happy. 

cheers mate! 

England only fail to perform if you expect them to do well. I don't expect them to be at the top table, we don't have the manager/players/team to win. I know that.

did Northern Ireland fans stop watching their team for 30 years because they never qualified? If anything it made them more passionate! 

im an advocate of "support your local team" and I'm an advocate of support your nation ;)

England only fail to perform if you expect them to do well. I don't expect them to be at the top table, we don't have the manager/players/team to win. I know that.

you make it sound easy though but it isn't. Every tournament I naively think, if we click then this could be our tournament and I'll continue to do that until the end of my days. 

Its a little like every Saturday when I think 'we're due a win'. Or when we go 2-0 down and I think 'there could be a way back into this'. But there seldom is. I'm an eternal optimist and losing hurts!!!

Of course, I've criticised City heavily this summer and particularly the transfer window. My point was at a minority of people who seem to prefer to moan than support. The majority prefer us winning but will point out valid flaws which is fine and useful.

I think we agree to be honest :)  it's my issue that England no longer does it for me, I just hate the Prem and hence that has a little bit of osmosis towards the national team.  

Archived