IGNORED

England

Bs4Red

you make it sound easy though but it isn't. Every tournament I naively think, if we click then this could be our tournament and I'll continue to do that until the end of my days. 

Its a little like every Saturday when I think 'we're due a win'. Or when we go 2-0 down and I think 'there could be a way back into this'. But there seldom is. I'm an eternal optimist and losing hurts!!!

last season I went to city expecting a win and they gave me it (crazy shot I know) this season I realise a prenotion means much tougher opposition :) football is a fluid motion. some times it's great, sometimes it ain't and whether you like it or not it's an entertainment business. if it doesn't entertain you do something else, you only get a certain amount of leisure time - don't waste it. 

Glad when this campaign is over, so boring. At least we can then concentrate on embarrassing ourselves yet again in a major tournament under this clueless old fool.

Yep. We`ll be seeded, end up in a group with Wales, Belgium and Russia, only have to win one and draw the other two to qualify, draw all three and go home.

If just like to point out Fordy that on the whole I find you a very credible and like minded poster. 

thanks mate and likewise. 

I can understand your frustrations with me on this. I've created it myself by commenting on a thread I have little interest in. Truth be told I only had the game on because the wife is out. Reading my comments back its scarily like sitting next to my dad while watching football - scarily negative and frustrating - but on the England front I can't help it. History has done it to me! 

Would be nice to beat Lithuania and get the perfect ten. Apparently we`d only be the 5th country to do it.

The downside to qualifying is now we get to see the media spending the next six months building us up before using the last month before the Euros kick off digging as much dirt on the players as they can find/make up to ensure they aren`t concentrating fully and fail. The press then get what they want, lots of `England are rubbish` ` they should have had xxxxx in the squad` stories ad infinitum.

I`m just waiting for them to find someone who went to school with Harry Kane and hasn`t paid his council tax or something and then starts whining that `millionaire Harry left me homeless` and holding up an eviction notice. 

Got to admit never been a fan of Coleman but he has done a fantastic job for Wales especially under the extremely sad circumstances. I know because of rivalry I should dislike Wales but somehow I find myself feeling really pleased for them. Maybe because of Gary Speed. He left a legacy that Coleman has carried on. So happy for his family but by no means am I trying to take anything away from the job Coleman has done. Maybe he is just one of those managers who is better suited to international management?

Also really pleased to have most of the UK reach the finals.

It wasn't all that long ago we failed to reach the euros so I'm a little surprised people have been dismissive of our 100% record and our chances going into the tournament.

Also hoping Ireland join the party. Although slightly wary of the carnage that may cause in France. Probs best off that the scots ain't coming. It's going to be a great tournament. Stadiums packed with England fans. The chance of possibly playing another home nation and with a England side that is performing really well. We have some good young players and some experienced players that should be at the top of their game next summer so feeling quietly confident of doing OK. Well until we meet Germany or bloody Italy.

Archived