IGNORED

England

Bs4Red

Enjoying this game

yes it's boring and shit, but quite good to see a young team with no superstars playing the ball around

also a good old school England support in the ground

Toilet roll on the pitch and no flaming band, much better. Shame about the plastic pitch and opposition.

And no daft band either! 

do you reckon we could petition the FA to ban them?  Watching tonight's game really is so much better than the last, I'm enjoying it rather than mumbling like an old git.  I think maybe my negativeness may be related to the music and not the football .....

Just checked the 'No. 10' petition website, only need one person with 5 backers (and then the small matter of 10,000 signatories) to get a Government response or a House of Commons debate.  Would need 5 e-mail addresses apparently, all kept private and secure by the looks of it.

i can't be the only one that it cheeses off and I can't imagine the players are that enamoured either. A way to while away the winter months too, suggestions for wording please.

Ban the band!

Walker, Gibbs and Ox all terrible. England need to build their team around Barkley - reminds me of Gazza or a 2004 Rooney. Play him in the 10 role for the next 10 years

disagree about the ox, although tonight he didn't shine, he is still very young and has proven how effective he can be. Also imo he's so underrated throughout football. 

Seems Roy wants to play 433 but hasn't decided upon who he wants playing centrally in the 3, so will be either Rooney or Kane but not both. However I agree, Ross Barkley has to be in that midfield, Henderson and another Delph/Wilshere more than likely playing just behind Barkley giving him freedom.

think either Rooney or Kane has to be in there somewhere just to give it some strength and presence 

why?  Sturridge is strong.  

Hart

Clyne. Stones Smalling. Shaw

Barkley Henderson Wilshire

Walcott  Sturridge  Sterling

with a good manager that gets us to semi finals.  With Roy it would get to the quarters.  However Roy will pick the wrong team and we won't get past the groups. 

Hart

with a good manager that gets us to semi finals.  With Roy it would get to the quarters.  However Roy will pick the wrong team and we won't get past the groups. 

Would be a disaster to not get through the group seeing as two thirds of teams go through! 

Trying to work out how I can shoe horn Rooney into the team. All I can come up with is...

Hart

Walker                         Cahill                            Jagielka                    Shaw (we hope!)

Shelvey                         Carrick (if fit)

Rooney

Walcott                              Kane                            Sterling

Good job I'm not England manager eh!

Trying to work out how I can shoe horn Rooney into the team. All I can come up with is...

Hart

Walker                         Cahill                            Jagielka                    Shaw (we hope!)

Shelvey                         Carrick (if fit)

Rooney

Walcott                              Kane                            Sterling

Good job I'm not England manager eh!

walker over Clyne? Jagielka over Stones or Smalling? I think England really need to focus on phasing out the oldies like Jags, Carrick, Baines and maybe even Rooney.

Hart

shaw has a broken leg. Although agree with the rest apart from smalling don't rate him one bit

The next three games will give us a better indication on far we have progressed than these group matches. 

Yes of course but whatever anyone thinks of Roy he has got us performing consistantly. A 100% quali record is quite a big achievement for us. Roy has got the players playinf for the shirt again. 

We never Had 100% Records with superstars like Becks. Gerrard Lamps etc...

Would like to see us go:

GK: Hart

RB: Clyne

CB: Cahill

CB: Smalling/Stones (try both against the big nations in the friendlies)

LB: Shaw if he recovers, if not Baines.

CM: Henderson

CM: One of: Carrick, Delph, Shelvey, Wilshere (whoever fits best in friendlies)

CAM: Barkley

LW: Sterling

RW: Walcott

ST: Rooney/Kane/Sturridge (whoever has the best season and in form to start the first game)

Barkley would be sat just infront of the the midfield 2 so therefore still near enough a 433. Yes Rooney is captain but if Kane has a similar season to last season I'd go with the form man unless Rooney matches him.

Gonna be interesting with so many `lesser` countries there for sure. Just been looking and see Albania won in Portugal. That has to be the greatest result in their history.

and yet so many criticise England for "only beating the rubbish teams".

Cant win can they? Anything less than 4-0 every game in qualifying is seen as a failure, yet teams like Spain struggling against minnows, Germany losing to Ireland and only just beating Georgia with a damn good squad for both games.

i really wish we as a nation just gave the team a bit of slack. We've just won 10 out of 10, regardless of the opposition that is a fantastic achievement. I think some people just like to moan, the same idiots who say Rooney isn't a great player. All those goals despite rarely ever having a good game in some people's eyes makes it an even better achievement!

Archived