IGNORED

Atyeo Stand

HanhamRed

Was there an indication that those in the Atyeo wanted to move this season? Perhaps allocate the top or bottom tier of the Dolman for standing instead of just starting left to right. 

The bottom tier of the Dolman could be a solution, as those who currently sit there have only been there this season, so will have no great attachment to their position. There would, however, be one major problem - flags. When those standing near the top of the lower tier start waving flags, those near the bottom of the upper tier won't be able to see the match (which is what they pay for). Could a compromise be possible - standing in the lower Dolman, but no flags?

I'm sure we have the same debate almost weekly, and I remember after forest you acknowledging the impact the Atyeo area had as a catalyst for atmosphere in the rest of the ground.

"treat everybody the same, no need to pander to any group" - well the club has 'pandered' to just about every 'group' in the rebuild apart from singers. How does that even work? No disabled areas, no community corner, no directors box? What are you actually trying to say?

You've mentioned the England games many times and it's flawed. It's just one example. Take Liverpool, would it be a better or worse atmosphere without the kop? I'd bet almost every Liverpool fan would say worse.

I sit in the Dolman and in my block only about 8 people sing. Does that make me want to join in? No! If the majority of people there were singing I definitely would. The whole ground would be like that if the Atyeo didn't exist, singers isolated.

I don't like the idea of cheaper tickets in the Atyeo for the point you mentioned and as it becomes a stick to score points against EE/Atyeo people.

Reading between the lines, it just feels like you are "anti" that group more than anything. Is this the case?

I'm not anti any Bristol city fan just have a completely different view than you and want to make sure this is a balanced debate!

I'm not anti any Bristol city fan just have a completely different view than you and want to make sure this is a balanced debate!

you didn't answer lots of the points I raised above. What balance are you trying to bring exactly? By saying that having a good space with freedom and opportunity for people to stand doesn't necessarily influence the atmosphere in a good way?

you didn't answer lots of the points I raised above. What balance are you trying to bring exactly? By saying that having a good space with freedom and opportunity for people to stand doesn't necessarily influence the atmosphere in a good way?

I didn't answer as we would be here all night and be no further on than we are now.

Your post and views are not balanced. As pointed out and evidence based your views have been part of tiny minority e.g 91% v your own. You at time also even disagree with your own opinion in threads. Summary, it is trolling.

Your post and views are not balanced. As pointed out and evidence based your views have been part of tiny minority e.g 91% v your own. You at time also even disagree with your own opinion in threads. Summary, it is trolling.

So I'm a troll??? Wow . You are right I did say I'm not anti any city fan I'm wrong, after reading what you just said I'm anti you. I suppose your a bit grumpy as you got work in the morning behind a desk somewhere and your boss is picking on you? Never mind

so basically because my view isn't in the 91% I'm a troll.

The bottom tier of the Dolman could be a solution, as those who currently sit there have only been there this season, so will have no great attachment to their position. There would, however, be one major problem - flags. When those standing near the top of the lower tier start waving flags, those near the bottom of the upper tier won't be able to see the match (which is what they pay for). Could a compromise be possible - standing in the lower Dolman, but no flags?

What about those ST holders in the lower Dolman who were merely displaced last season and have returned for this.  Do they get a say in your seat reallocation plans?

I took Joe to Old Trafford the season before last (2-2 v Fulham, Bent with a last minute equaliser....get in!), and the atmosphere was weird.

It was as if they had a song sheet and timings for when to sing, e.g. 1st minute Glory Glory Man United, 8th minute John Denver.....etc etc. Very choreographed.

it really detracted from the match, and the spontaneity that goes with it.

I had a different experience mate, I went to United vs Rangers in the Champions League a few years ago, sat near the Stretford End, the singing by the mancunian hardcore fans was awesome, definitely not choreographed, just non stop support for 90 mins.

Mind you, the 'Teddy Bears' were awesome with their support too, a great night! Even though it was 0-0!!!

So I'm a troll???  .

Yes.

You do not evidence posts,

And the Oscar for best dramatic performance goes too..WTMS!!!

Drama. Would indicate some form of act is taking place. As others pointed out your act has been played out before on various threads e.g http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172419-are-the-atyeo-stand-home-fans-moving-again/&page=1

Same theme. Unable to actually answer, unable to evidence base posts ..  

Yes.

You do not evidence posts,

Drama. Would indicate some form of act is taking place. As others pointed out your act has been played out before on various threads e.g http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172419-are-the-atyeo-stand-home-fans-moving-again/&page=1

Same theme. Unable to actually answer, unable to evidence base posts ..  

Get a grip! Seek help! I find a nice pint of Stella always helps.

I had a different experience mate, I went to United vs Rangers in the Champions League a few years ago, sat near the Stretford End, the singing by the mancunian hardcore fans was awesome, definitely not choreographed, just non stop support for 90 mins.

Mind you, the 'Teddy Bears' were awesome with their support too, a great night! Even though it was 0-0!!!

to be fair, the Fulham game was quite a tepid affair, despite four goals.

i would be disappointed if a British derby didn't have a great atmosphere.

Get a grip! Seek help! I find a nice pint of Stella always helps

Drunkenness would explain the lack of coherence to your posts.

What happens at England games is 'singing ' areas get abused as people who buy tickets there do so because it is the cheapest section, not because they want to create atmosphere.

Out of interest, What section at Wembley, what were the prices and which matches are you referring to here? 

Drunkenness would explain the lack of coherence to your posts.

What happens at England games is 'singing ' areas get abused as people who buy tickets there do so because it is the cheapest section, not because they want to create atmosphere.

Out of interest, What section at Wembley, what were the prices and which matches are you referring to here? 

drunkenness?? Another joke haven't had a drink since 4th may this year. You don't seem to quite understand.. I'd rather have a conversation with my mother in law than talk to you about anything regarding Bristol city or England. And boy it's been a while since I spoke to that dragon!!

drunkenness?? Another joke haven't had a drink since 4th may this year. You don't seem to quite understand.. I'd rather have a conversation with my mother in law than talk to you about anything regarding Bristol city or England. And boy it's been a while since I spoke to that dragon!!

Any detail? Links?  

Any detail? Links?  

I'm beginning to think your my mother in law in disguise????????. Any links?? Any detail??

. Any links?? Any detail??

It is your quote from this thread.. Could you explain what seating blocks, matches and prices you are referring to? 

Mate, I disagree with your opinion, but surely just answering what he's trying to ask you is more helpful than just trying to provoke a reaction?

literally no problem with anyone on here but can't deal with wtms. He's always done bigger / better than others. I've served a ban on here before so thought its best not to reply anymore! Also I'm stubborn, the more people tell me to do something the less likely it is to happen.

literally no problem with anyone on here but can't deal with wtms. He's always done bigger / better than others. I've served a ban on here before so thought its best not to reply anymore! Also I'm stubborn, the more people tell me to do something the less likely it is to happen.

You and I disagree constantly on here as you know! I am genuinely curious though to hear more about the England issues with the singing area. Rather than telling you to dig them up, see this as asking you to provide them. Would be interesting reading if nothing else.. 

You and I disagree constantly on here as you know! I am genuinely curious though to hear more about the England issues with the singing area. Rather than telling you to dig them up, see this as asking you to provide them. Would be interesting reading if nothing else.. 

I will in the morning when calmed down a bit. Got to go as my turn to do night feed for youngest! All I'm doing by not answering wtsm is saving myself from trouble. In morning I will have a think about it, by that I honestly mean whatever I would write in here wouldn't be appreciated as I'm not in the 91%. So think it could be me done in this thread. Anyway I'm in the sports bar tomorrow night if anyone wants a chat!

In this thread you have stated

believe me when it comes to watching games of football and atmosphere's I would say I'm a pretty good judge. Lets just say I've been to a few games / stadiums in the world

Using your expert judgement further can you explain the following quote? What matches? Blocks and prices are you referring to? 

Absolutely. I wouldn`t be surprised if any that have come up have been bought by companies not obviously connected to BS and maybe rented out. The one thing you can say is that you hardly ever see a for sale board along there, for a street of 30-40 properties you would expect a fair turnover. Also, a lot have already been converted to flats and we have no idea if they`re rented or leasehold.

This thread started off as an interesting topic on the potential future of the Atyeo, per above by RRH, and descended into a right old bickerfest.

In the spirit of getting back on topic; I had a look on Zoopla and RightMove and noticed there have been 15 sales along Ashton Road in the last 5 years and 3 in the last 12 months. Relevant to the back of the Atyeo there appears to be a numbering scheme that goes from 48 through 64 with the latter being the end terrace that I understand City already own. 

Contrary to your remark about little activity which may hold some credence for the road as a whole I discovered something very interesting; There have been a total of 5 sales on houses with numbers lower than 48 since 2013. That is 10.6% or just over 5% of all stock selling in 1 year. There have been 6 sales on the houses from 48 thru 63 (we know 64 is already City owned) ;- 16 houses in total with 6 sales, that is 37.5% (over 2 years) or nearly 19% of the stock selling in just one year.

Take any street in the country or do an average and you will likely see about 7-8% of the stock changing hands in any given growth year perhaps a little less even. So for that section of Ashton Road to change hands to the tune of 19% of its stock or 2.5 times the average tells us, I would suggest, that something is at play here.

Of course, it does not mean City are buying them but the activity at this stretch of Ashton Road is odd to say the least.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/bristol/ashton-road/?page_size=&pn=2

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detail.html?country=england&locationIdentifier=STREET^211954&searchLocation=Ashton+Road

If anybody wants to find the buyers just register with Land Registry for about £15:-

http://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/

p.s. I have had a look at those numbers again and it seems the last number i can pull up toward the City owned end terrace is 57 leaving a bunch of houses with no numbers.. that said the figures above still show a strange pattern.

Archived