IGNORED

Atyeo Stand

HanhamRed

No, both ends of grounds have these rail seats and they are perfect. Even if you chose to sit and someone stood in front of you your view is not hampered. Also the whole ground benefits from this atmosphere. My mate who Is a Dortmund season ticket holder gets frustrated as these rail seats aren't allowed to be used in European games. The idea in Germany is to get every one involved not just a section of the ground. The best bit is i paid £18 and that included travel to the game and back. Definitely learn a thing or two. To be fair to club we have been at the forefront of pushing this idea. Long may It continue until they are in place.

interesting, we could certainly learn alot from the German model for fan 'experience'.

I like the idea of as many rail seats as possible personally. I'm sure initial designs had it in the SS and lower dolman. As you know though, I think one focal area is important for orchestrating the rest of the ground.

interesting, we could certainly learn alot from the German model for fan 'experience'.

I like the idea of as many rail seats as possible personally. I'm sure initial designs had it in the SS and lower dolman. As you know though, I think one focal area is important for orchestrating the rest of the ground.

that is where we agree to disagree!!!

This may be an error of judgement, but Spoons Ashton Gate has a family section, disabled bays and soon will have exclusive facilities in the Williams stand that will be open only to the affluent. These facilities are not, and will not be available to all.

Are you unhappy about these sections of the stadium being focused on catering for minorities?

True, I want to know what your vision would be though. The Atyeo/ EE lot dispersed around the ground? What would happen to the flags, surfers.. Even the songs with swearing in !

Short term I would prefer to stay same arrangement's as this season for Atyeo. If given just to away fans next season I think blocks a,b in dolman could be good? I think lots of people could move to new Williams? Room to put flags etc up still with same relaxed stance on standing / swearing. Long term rail seats in south stand and Atyeo would be ideal.

This may be an error of judgement, but Spoons Ashton Gate has a family section, disabled bays and soon will have exclusive facilities in the Williams stand that will be open only to the affluent. These facilities are not, and will not be available to all.

Are you unhappy about these sections of the stadium being focused on catering for minorities?

I'm sure by law every club has to have disabled facilities so I think your stating the obvious again. Family section is a good idea as this gives people opportunity to bring the youngsters along in a appropriate environment. So with those Minority groups no I'm not unhappy. I am however a bit more uncomfortable with excess corporate areas, but understand the compromise that stadium needs to fund itself. My main aim is the majority of fans who don't have disability needs etc are treated the same, I stand by my comments of not pandering to minority of fans. I also stand by my comments of not liking singing sections, but feel untill rail seating or a change in law has happened this will be a issue . I'm sure the club will have thought of this and I know its on the agenda of the next FAN meeting. I'm not anti atmosphere or singing just anti singing sections. I have posted several postive comments regarding Atyeo lot putting In good effort etc, but in my opinion and this is just my opinion it just feels a bit forced/fake. People wonder why the atmosphere is sometimes poor at the gate its because there's almost a sense if you want to sing or have a laugh you have to sit in the atyeo. This doesn't do anything for atmosphere for the rest of the ground.

tinmans love child, do you feel that people who have been sitting in the south stand and lower dolman for multiple years  , will be happy about moving or being forced to stand up? 

I havnt asked them, just pointing out that the club has thought about the 'singing' fans.  However already other fan groups in other stands have had to relocate due to the build work, including those at the front of the Dolman.  At the end of the day there will be 23k seats available to home fans from next season, I'm sure everyone will be able to find a place to sit which gives them everything they want from a match day experience

Spoons people are arguing that ALL fans should be catered for. This means that fans are treated differently as they want different things from their matchday be that Corporate, Disabled or Family facilities. You call that pandering, I would call it inclusive. Stadiums traditionally have observed similar with terraces and stands.

The redevelopment is based upon stands having different concepts for different demographics, meaning fans will be treated differently. The 10% of fans in the Atyeo are not part of these concepts.For BCFC be more inclusive this 10% also has to be treated differently, as they are, and hopefully will be in future.

If the atmosphere in the South stand is poor it is irrational to expect those in the Atyeo to sort it out.

I havnt asked them, just pointing out that the club has thought about the 'singing' fans

Until those areas come to fruition though, there's nothing in the rebuild for those groups. Good idea in theory, but a few hoops to jump through first. I'm not even sure if it can work in the SS now given the rake, displacement issues and how originally the SS was sort of 2 tiered. 

Spoons people are arguing that ALL fans should be catered for. This means that fans are treated differently as they want different things from their matchday be that Corporate, Disabled or Family facilities. You call that pandering, I would call it inclusive. Stadiums traditionally have observed similar with terraces and stands.

The redevelopment is based upon stands having different concepts for different demographics, meaning fans will be treated differently. The 10% of fans in the Atyeo are not part of these concepts.For BCFC be more inclusive this 10% also has to be treated differently, as they are, and hopefully will be in future.

If the atmosphere in the South stand is poor it is irrational to expect those in the Atyeo to sort it out.

I except some points but agree to disagree on the 10%. But I've done tho to death now so going to leave it now.

Why so much debate about singing sections?  People in large numbers just don't sing at football games anymore - sad but true.  If I try to start a song, you just get weird looks and smiles on the kid's faces.  People even turn around to look at the crazy bearded man trying to start something off.

I was always a big fan of just shouting out RED ARMY, RED ARMY, RED ARMY, over and over until my tonsils bled.  Ah, good times.

I don't think A/B block dolmanites will just toddle off over to the Williams as some have stated and wont want to sit in the Williams , most of the people in these blocks don't fit what I would call the demographic of a Williams type of fan if I have to stereotypical. Most of these people have been there years and the ones I know don't intend moving either. The only real solution is to leave it as it is , perhaps switch round the end where the home fans go and when we play opposition who have a large following think about whether we could give them a larger allocation. Not sure I would give them the whole end though as that could have a negative impact on the "Home Support" as we seen ourselves when we went to Reading a few years back when we absolutely rocked the place.

No, both ends of grounds have these rail seats and they are perfect. Even if you chose to sit and someone stood in front of you your view is not hampered. Also the whole ground benefits from this atmosphere. My mate who Is a Dortmund season ticket holder gets frustrated as these rail seats aren't allowed to be used in European games. The idea in Germany is to get every one involved not just a section of the ground. The best bit is i paid £18 and that included travel to the game and back. Definitely learn a thing or two. To be fair to club we have been at the forefront of pushing this idea. Long may It continue until they are in place.

With all respect, that isn't correct at all. The Sud Tribune at Dortmund is a proper old fashioned terrace with a number of rail seats at the rear. For European games, bench seats are installed on the terrace and the rail seats are unnaffected.

I've been there many times FWIW and, as you say, it's a simply stunning experience.

Block14-Suedtribuene-dortmund.jpg

With all respect, that isn't correct at all. The Sud Tribune at Dortmund is a proper old fashioned terrace with a number of rail seats at the rear. For European games, bench seats are installed on the terrace and the rail seats are unnaffected.

I've been there many times FWIW and, as you say, it's a simply stunning experience.

Block14-Suedtribuene-dortmund.jpg

This is what I meant by European games, benches being installed. How old is that picture?? Only been there once and truly one of the best days ever , the whole experience. I was at the opposite end. Not sure but the game I was at crowd was 78,000 plus I think.

This is what I meant by European games, benches being installed. How old is that picture?? Only been there once and truly one of the best days ever , the whole experience. I was at the opposite end. Not sure but the game I was at crowd was 78,000 plus I think.

No idea how old the pic is bud but it's still the same afaik. The other end (huge 2 tiered stand) does indeed have proper rail seating in both the lower and upper tier along with the away fans terrace. I assume they put bench seats in the away terrace as well but I can't say I have ever noticed.

78K for BvB is quite low as they are usually sold out and average over 81,000.

It's a wonderful arena and I would recommend it to anybody.

No idea how old the pic is bud but it's still the same afaik. The other end (huge 2 tiered stand) does indeed have proper rail seating in both the lower and upper tier along with the away fans terrace. I assume they put bench seats in the away terrace as well but I can't say I have ever noticed.

Think it was because it was against schalke( local rivals ish) had previous crowd trouble so restricted away fans allocation. Where I sat/stood was the first time ever experienced rail seating and it was perfect. Really improves atmosphere. If this ever got allowed in English football it would be a massive hit and solve atmosphere issues in new stadium's. Also the price for tickets are excellent and mine included travel, not sure if that was a one off but just show your match ticket on train/tram and on you get. Bit like Brighton on last Tuesday to be fair. First time in English football I bought a ticket which included bus or train to game and it worked ( albeit 20 min wait on return for train). Would be amazing to se SS and Atyeo with rail seating!!

Think it was because it was against schalke( local rivals ish) had previous crowd trouble so restricted away fans allocation. Where I sat/stood was the first time ever experienced rail seating and it was perfect. Really improves atmosphere. If this ever got allowed in English football it would be a massive hit and solve atmosphere issues in new stadium's. Also the price for tickets are excellent and mine included travel, not sure if that was a one off but just show your match ticket on train/tram and on you get. Bit like Brighton on last Tuesday to be fair. First time in English football I bought a ticket which included bus or train to game and it worked ( albeit 20 min wait on return for train). Would be amazing to se SS and Atyeo with rail seating!!

Ahhh, 5hit 04, no wonder the capacity was lower, they absolutely despise each other!

As for the rail seating, I don't think many would disagree it's a good idea and it has to happen at some point.

The thing regarding travel wasn't a one off. Your match ticket covers the underground and local train travel in its' price. Another brilliant idea.

As far as you know is correct. This is the irritating thing. Standing is safe. Forget rail seating, this terrace is safe. Why? Because the numbers on it are strictly controlled unlike British stadia in the past where a terrace could hold however many people you could cram onto it. 

That BVB stand pic gives me the shivers: 

1. Looks frighteningly steep

2. Way too many steps for safety

3. Fenced in at Pitch Side

4. All looks a bit old and knackered

= recipe for another disaster

I may have misread it totally but thats what it looks like.

Its interesting the Germans remain with standing terracing. No doubting the atmosphere of course, that is undisputed and I have seen and heard it on TV.. it looks fabulous. I just question the safety of it; One day, one event and it will be unpleasant at best and we all know what the worst case scenario is gonna look like.

WTMS

OK, Thank You.

In fact I am surprised only 91% would want a singing section, as it does add to the atmosphere. However, any future survey needs to determine how these views would vary, if your seat has been identified as being the home of a new singing area.

There will always be concerns over how these areas impact on the sightlines of other supporters,  As a wheelchair user, I have often, at home and away games (even at relatively new grounds, such as Reading and Southampton) had my view blocked by singing/standing supporters, luckily, the new facilities at Ashton Gate have resolved this issue.

If a new survey is to be undertaken, I feel it needs to have more specific questions, which explain the implications for all areas of the ground.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172419-are-the-atyeo-stand-home-fans-moving-again/&page=1

Dave some fans do not like the idea of Singing sections.

The attempt to reopen the Eastend from 2006 was not about creating a singing section, it was about a broader section of the fan base.The above idea is not dissimilar, but uses sections of two stands. Similar occurs at Nottingham Forest and at Bristol City moving the away support would have the support of the council, Police and almost certainly a significant proportion of fans. It would in the short term inconvenience very few, and in the longer term not necessitate fans moving in large numbers = Implications for fans except several blocks in the lower Dolman if a reality = Next to nil.. 

That BVB stand pic gives me the shivers: 

1. Looks frighteningly steep

2. Way too many steps for safety

3. Fenced in at Pitch Side

4. All looks a bit old and knackered

= recipe for another disaster

I may have misread it totally but thats what it looks like.

Its interesting the Germans remain with standing terracing. No doubting the atmosphere of course, that is undisputed and I have seen and heard it on TV.. it looks fabulous. I just question the safety of it; One day, one event and it will be unpleasant at best and we all know what the worst case scenario is gonna look like.

Tricky to explain without using the 'H' word. Are we allowed to talk about it yet?

Anyway, it is not as steep as the rest of the ground.

There are indeed lots of steps but there is a crash barrier directly in front of you at least every 8 steps (I think it is 8).

Fencing is only bad if the shit hits the fan and because the terrace is well managed and not overcrowded, it will not to be a problem. Most German stands are fenced or raised above the pitch level to deter invaders. 

The concrete may be dirty the but the stand is state of the art inside and incredibly well managed. 

In summary, I can't see another disaster forthcoming. 

Sorry, I probably didn't clarify myself.

I'm not for one second advocating a return to the bad old days of bits of concrete flying down into the Ateyo from A + B, but trying (and failing clearly) to just say that 2 sets of fans could 'bounce' off each others atmosphere with a physical gap (area between Ateyo and Dolman) without the bloody netting and 50 stewards.

The 80's are happily long gone, but having home and away fans in close proximity, without any chance of trouble, will generate more noise in my opinion.

Theres always at least one away fan who will wind up the City lads, and that leads to more singing, chanting and a more 'up' atmosphere.

I certainly don't want to see a repeat of the scenes like we saw against Millwall back in the day!

But make things too sanitised, and have our singers and the away lads 100m apart will reduce the noise/intimidation.

I want AG to be a scary place for away teams and fans to come to - without violence - and that has to be good for Cotts and the lads surely.

Sorry for not being clearer.

Ruled out for safety reasons e.g strict no standing policy which is being rigorously enforced this season, even on seven and eight year olds who attempt to stand at the front of A block and do not impede views.

It would also require a significant numbers of fans to give up their seats.

The Police do not want the away Support on that side of the Atyeo now.

Archived