IGNORED

Last night Only Spoilt by one thing

Between heaven and hell

Just now, Chris_Brown said:

Nights like last night highlight exactly why a station at Ashton Gate is essential. 

I do agree, but the line/rolling stock that will be available will not make a lot of difference. Full use of the park and ride systems, alongside a station is what is required.

4 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

I do agree, but the line/rolling stock that will be available will not make a lot of difference. Full use of the park and ride systems, alongside a station is what is required.

Admittedly, i know little of the P&R routes around Bristol. Which ones serve Ashton Gate?

Interestingly, the club website says this of P&R: " There is no agreement for City fans to use the Park & Ride facility on matchdays."

4 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Nights like last night highlight exactly why a station at Ashton Gate is essential. 

More so than that sort out the bloody roads in Bristol. Zebra crossings all over St Mary Redcliffe was damn stupid. If anywhere needed an underpass or traffic light controlled crossing it's there. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

More so than that sort out the bloody roads in Bristol. Zebra crossings all over St Mary Redcliffe was damn stupid. If anywhere needed an underpass or traffic light controlled crossing it's there. 

I have lost all hope of roads anywhere being sorted out. Politicians are not interested in helping motorists in any way.

11 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

It took an hour 15mins to get from the Portishead exit on the M5 to the ground. A38 for me, from now on I think!

Ended up abandoning it, going over the bridge and down past the Avon Gorge into Hotwells... wasn't fast but can't imagine it was any slower!

Almost a perfect storm for traffic across Bristol last night.

Cattle Market Road still closed, Totterdown Bridge closed, Road Works in the centre, plus it being rush hour, the remaining roads in, out and across Bristol were gridlocked including the M32inbound, Portway and M5 south over the Avonmouth bridge.

Doesn't help when pedestrian crossings are constantly changing to red every few metres either.

To not have any agreements can only be a ploy by the club to push for the station. For us not to have any specials from the Shirehampton site is just plain stupid if not a tactic. Buses do run from there but do not cross the Hotwells flyover. The only way large crowds  will get to the ground next season is if the club liases and subsidies "specials" from the parks and rides scattered around Bristol.

11 minutes ago, 29AR said:

It causes chaos, and used to when I worked in town.  The worst was when the filter lights for the bus lane went on the blink, only letting one car through at a time.  

I thought I'd got it dead right. I was sat in a 24 at Broadmead at 18:20, where the bus stopped and waited and waited.....

Turned out they were playing the classic "Waiting for a driver" First Bus game.

Twenty minutes later, and the 24 still stationary, I gave up and queued for the Abus special at the advertised stop. The driver swept past it to three stops down the road. When, slightly out of breath and now at the back of the queue, I got on, I asked the driver "Why didn't you stop at the usual stop?" I got the classic reply "All the other drivers stop there, but I don't".

Aaargghhh!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, EmersonsKev said:

M32 was horrible, got bus from downend at 430 and got to AG just before 6.  I do think we really do need to look at 8pm kick offs for evening games as mentioned by other posters.

Bit of a dilemma for me if I`m honest. 8pm makes sense but I`ve got a 2hr drive home afterwards and up for work at 5.30 so not so good from that point of view

41 minutes ago, Super said:

Yep 70 mins from downend. Should be 8pm kick offs on an evening.

I left work at 1740 on Anchor Road, dropped my lift share off in Emersons Green at 1810 (that was pretty quick and I could see the carnage of the inbound M32).  Picked up Joes wheelchair that had been left in school.  Got home in Downend a few minutes later, changed, got Joe ready, out of the house at 1835.  

Decisions?

Would M32 be clearer?

Frenchay?

Fishponds Rd - it was.  Got back on the M32 at Easton, to several drivers trying the 'if I don't look at him, I don't have to let him into my lane' game.  To$$ers.  Letting every other car in keeps the traffic flowing!Got to ground at 1920.

Not bad all in all, but some little shortcuts here and there helped.

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

Almost a perfect storm for traffic across Bristol last night.

Cattle Market Road still closed, Totterdown Bridge closed, Road Works in the centre, plus it being rush hour, the remaining roads in, out and across Bristol were gridlocked including the M32inbound, Portway and M5 south over the Avonmouth bridge.

Doesn't help when pedestrian crossings are constantly changing to red every few metres either.

All this, plus there had been an accident on the M32 outbound, which then causes a build up of traffic across the centre, and with so many junctions then grinding to a halt (especially St Mary Redcliffe roundabout), the whole of Bristol becomes gridlocked.  I was sat on Baldwin street with the handbrake on for 20 minutes as buses continually blocked the next junction.

Archived