IGNORED

Jacki

The Exiled Robin

1 hour ago, Aizoon said:
1 hour ago, Aizoon said:

63 internationals and 20 goals seems a decent record to me :noexp:

2 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Look at his international record. 62 appearances and 20 goals should be a clue...

Took him a while to bang in 20.

I like the lad and could play a bit but when he wanted to but for me he was more cult than legend and his off pitch antics were as entertaining and he could have been so much better if he was not so naughty ;).

Dariusz Dziekanowski   caps 63    goals 20    first cap 15/11/1981   last cap 14/11/1990

http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/pol-recintlp.html

2 hours ago, shelts said:

Nickname Tanglefoot!!!

could always be relied upon to hit the Leo's sign above the Eastend. Got a few goals!!

48 in the league for us is not a "few".

That hat trick in the Championship at home to Birmingham, what a fluke that was, too. Two goals against Liverpool, 15 in an Osman side where no-one else got even 7..

All about opinion but I have miles more respect for Wayne Allison than I'll ever have for a pisstaker like Dziekanowski.

Graham relax my man it's all about opinion. I loved the Chief a real trier and a smashing lad off the pitch and a decent cricketer having played with him at Bemmy c.c. Jacki an enigma, born in the wrong era I'm afraid much better suited to the 60's when the luxury player was King. 

49 minutes ago, shelts said:

Graham relax my man it's all about opinion. I loved the Chief a real trier and a smashing lad off the pitch and a decent cricketer having played with him at Bemmy c.c. Jacki an enigma, born in the wrong era I'm afraid much better suited to the 60's when the luxury player was King. 

Whereas Jacki was crap at cricket ;) Seriously, good points, well made.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

No , awkward , ungainly trier who défenders hated playing against and scored a fair few goals along the way .

Allison gets my respect and did more for the club than Jaki ever did .

Exactly my point. I saw Wayne play many many times. Thoroughly decent and likeable chap. A plonker he wasn't. 

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought the Chief was always a handful and improved as he developed - never a 'great' but had a good career and always 100%

Junior Bent was very under valued for me - People talk about Jacki in that Leicester game but Junior was at good that chilly afternoon . he also tore Liverpool a new one in those 94 FA Cup ties - frightened them to death

Like, seemingly, all very quick players it was always the final product that was hit and miss

I was told by a current premier manager that when you played against Junior it was difficult because he would force opposition defenders to drop an extra 15-20 yards because of his pace and that opened up the pitch allowing others to play.

Oh no..junior??..please no..headless chicken.attributes?. Quick.that's all...........

6 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Russell Osman - do you remember how dire the football was under that bloke? His team was crying out for 'a few tricks and a 30 yard shot'. Osman's reign was more dull that SODs, and that says something

As others have said, I've more memories of Jacki than 95% of the players who have followed him

.....I didn't think beating Liverpool away in the FA Cup under Russ was dull...did you?!

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought the Chief was always a handful and improved as he developed - never a 'great' but had a good career and always 100%

Junior Bent was very under valued for me - People talk about Jacki in that Leicester game but Junior was at good that chilly afternoon . he also tore Liverpool a new one in those 94 FA Cup ties - frightened them to death

Like, seemingly, all very quick players it was always the final product that was hit and miss

I was told by a current premier manager that when you played against Junior it was difficult because he would force opposition defenders to drop an extra 15-20 yards because of his pace and that opened up the pitch allowing others to play.

Proof of the rule - Gregory Goodridge, exception to it Dave Smith?

....as others have said, we are still discussing Jacki in 2015....proof that he made one hell of an impact.

Forget the number of goals he scored, I remember things like the outrageous flick over his head that he performed at full pelt after running between two Ipswich players.

Ashton Gate gasped, football fans just love maverick players doing things on a pitch that they couldn't achieve in a million years.

I loved watching Jacki play for our club and will always remember him...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....as others have said, we are still discussing Jacki in 2015....proof that he made one hell of an impact.

Forget the number of goals he scored, I remember things like the outrageous flick over his head that he performed at full pelt after running between two Ipswich players.

Ashton Gate gasped, football fans just love maverick players doing things on a pitch that they couldn't achieve in a million years.

I loved watching Jacki play for our club and will always remember him...

As I will. And I will always remember JET being here along with a lot of others down the years. They are all part of the experience of giving your heart and soul to your club and will stay with me forever. Sometimes I can`t remember what I had for tea last night but I can remember every detail of the FRT win over Bolton like it was yesterday and I suspect I`m not alone.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.....I didn't think beating Liverpool away in the FA Cup under Russ was dull...did you?!

Ha - the only games worth mentioning of his reign

It was truly awful, except the Liverpool games and the introduction of purple and lime - better!?

13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Proof of the rule - Gregory Goodridge, exception to it Dave Smith?

I'm sure I've told this story before on here, but one day I heard someone moan that all Smith done was 'beat his man, get to the byline and cross it, that's all he's got' :grr:

My memory of Jacki? Not long (maybe a year after he left us), I was in Glasgow for work. I came out of the hotel and stood at the taxi rank. Chap next to me looked familiar so I asked him "are you Jacki?" He looked around very surreptitiously and said why? When I told him I was a City fan he looked relieved, said Yes and that he was scared I was an angry husband. Ten minute chat with him then taxi turned up. Top guy!

5 minutes ago, Masala said:

My memory of Jacki? Not long (maybe a year after he left us), I was in Glasgow for work. I came out of the hotel and stood at the taxi rank. Chap next to me looked familiar so I asked him "are you Jacki?" He looked around very surreptitiously and said why? When I told him I was a City fan he looked relieved, said Yes and that he was scared I was an angry husband. Ten minute chat with him then taxi turned up. Top guy!

Thought you were an angry husband !

Would you still think he was a ' top guy ' if he was knobbing your Missus ? 

On 08/11/2015, 23:03:05, Barry Sheene said:

He was the type of player that could do nothing all game but one piece of brilliance would win you the game

There was a series on ITV4 recently called The football mavericks.

I would say that in my time in watching City he is the only player that could fall in the category of a Maverick.

Not the same sort of player and I'm not comparing him with Dziekanowski, but JET is definitely what I'd call a football maverick.

Who on earth else plays the game the way he does?

Archived